whats your favorite course in Texas?

12 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by att hello
famousarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Canyon Springs in north San Antonio
Hanrahan
AG
Black jack's crossing in lajitas.

Just played it for the first time this past weekend. Most visually stunning course I've ever played. A lot like wolf creek outside of Vegas but even more visually amazing.
agsalaska
AG
quote:
The Ticket in Dallas was having some kind of promotion for a private jet to fly some guys out there to play and fly back. I have heard it is absolutely stunning.
Hanrahan
AG
^
|

Yeah, it's not one you want to drive to I don't think. We took a jet charter out of Austin with 10 guys from my club. Airport is like five mins from course. Place is first class.
country
AG
quote:

Just played it for the first time this past weekend. Most visually stunning course I've ever played. A lot like wolf creek outside of Vegas but even more visually amazing.
bigfoot10s
AG
I haven't played a lot of high dollar courses like you guys, but I love both courses at Squaw Valley at Glen Rose. Playing there Monday actually.

Also really enjoyed both courses at Gleneagles and Lubbock CC when I worked there. Rawls course in Lubbock is a favorite too
98Ag99Grad
AG
Black Jack's is awesome. Played it last summer. worth the trip IMO.
willowratio
AG
Bigfoot, you worked at LCC? I may know you.

It is a good course. Even better now with the new greens.
bigfoot10s
AG
I was an assistant tennis pro there from 2005-2007. One of the perks was playing golf for free anytime I wanted. I knew that course well
willowratio
AG
Cool. I worked there for a while back in high school. My dad is actually the head pro.
bigfoot10s
AG
Awesome, your dad is a good guy. Always very helpful and nice to us that were on the other side of the club.

That stupid tree on the right side of #9 still haunts me. Probably one of the most picturesque holes I have played, though.
Baby Billy
AG
The Tribute was cool. But I would have to go with Newport Dunes. Hard to beat Paspalum grass with an ocean view.

More of my favorites would be Summit Rock and Ram Rock at Horseshoe Bay, Twin Creeks in Cedar Park (fantastic scenery and layout), and all the cources at Barton Creek except for Palmer.
BoDog
AG
Plantation in Frisco...
att hello
I'll also go with Newport Dunes/Palmilla Beach. There are fancier courses, but there is just something special about that place.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.