Sips on every again head down the path of destruction

5,865 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Kool
88jrt06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"...and you tell me
over and over
and over again
my friend
you don't believe
they're on the eve
of destruction?"
MelvinUdall
I had to click on this thread just to understand what this topic was about, because the topic title made absolutely no sense.
StephenvilleAg77
It is similar to when those mud-orange idiots claim "there's no way Chris Petersen would choose to live in Seattle if he can live in Austin".
MelvinUdall
StephenvilleAg77 said:

It is similar to when those mud-orange idiots claim "there's no way Chris Petersen would choose to live in Seattle if he can live in Austin".

Well played SA77, well played indeed. Gig'em!
Bob Dobalina
aggiehawg said:

Fenves is between a rock and a hard space here. Hampered in hiring a new AD so he gets to make the decision to fire Strong.
I think he and Perrin have been fighting off the big cigars who wanted Strong fired yesterday. They want to at least wait until the end of the season. If Ol' Red and the boys had their way Strong would have been fired after OU (if not after OkState).

Also, the only reason Fenves got the job is that no decent external candidate wanted it. There is too much stink all over the place there. The AD is just a symptom of a bigger issue.
aggiehawg
AG
Yes, they have been trying to corral the boosters, but Fenves and Perrin aren't the only ones hearing from those boosters. The BOR members and the Chancellor are having their email and voice mail boxes inundated, too.

They'll only be able to fend them off for so long. With the disaster that is the Big XII, with just one dumb move after another, the natives are doubly restless over the lack of vision and long-term planning. These same boosters assume Perrin and Fenves are the ones running the Big XII, too.

The may like them both on a personal level, but there just isn't much good news on any front.
YouBet
AG
Muy said:

Saban's lakehouse is in the N. Georgia mountains
Damn!!
SchizoAg
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Austin snobs need to get over their myopic view. If your older than 35 there really isn't much there for you. Traffic is worse than Houston ( I've lived in both) . The food is meh ... 6th st is great for kids. It I doubt a 60ish year old coach would give a damn.
This is true. I've lived in Austin for 13 years. I avoid downtown like the plague. There's just nothing there to interest me, and parking and traffic are a huge pain. I recently went to the Capitol to take the official tour, since I've never been there before. That was the first time I'd been downtown in probably ten years.
The Collective
AG
Is that the lake house he rents for free?
aggiehawg
AG
CJS4715 said:

Is that the lake house he rents for free?
I am not sure how that transaction occurred. Originally, the mortgage note was to be paid off and then Saban would make drastically reduced payments on the new "loan." He still owned the house, but paid a pittance in house payments on like a 50 year loan or some such. A portion of the loan gets forgiven each year, that Saban picks up as income, but he has the corresponding property tax and interest deduction to off-set that "income."

That may not be how the transaction was finally consummated, however. Once you get tax lawyers reviewing things, deals like this always get tweaked.

(Miss Terry has very good taste, except for that monstrosity of a fireplace. The scale works with the vaulted ceiling, but it is out of place relative to the rest of the house. Like a medieval gathering room in a castle. I'd wager they don't use that fireplace often.)
aggiehawg
AG
Back to Charlie, courtesy of the shag:

Quote:

10 things I am better at than Charlie Strong:
Photoshop
Flower arranging
Purchasing good mescal
Keynote
Editing pictures with Snapseed
Identifying gerunds
Wanking
Ordering at Tacodeli
Navigating Buc-ees
Having the awareness to know what I am good at and what I am not good at

RESPONSE:
Knowing your own zip code
OUCH! They finally read his deposition, I assume.
YouBet
AG
Also still trying to understand WTF title thread means. So confusing.
Kool
AG
That was an investment property he owned and has since sold. For a while, he had two houses on the lake. His other house is directly across the lake from that property. He recently did an ESPN segment from the house with Tebow which aired right about the start of the season.
I am up at Lake Burton all the time and have only seen him once in many, many years. The lake is stunning, as is his house, but he is almost never there. Texting recruits daily is obviously taxing. As an aside, Hugh Freeze also has a house on the same lake.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YouBet
AG
I'm talking about "Sips on every again..."
aggiehawg
AG
Kool said:

That was an investment property he owned and has since sold. For a while, he had two houses on the lake. His other house is directly across the lake from that property. He recently did an ESPN segment from the house with Tebow which aired right about the start of the season.
I am up at Lake Burton all the time and have only seen him once in many, many years. The lake is stunning, as is his house, but he is almost never there. Texting recruits daily is obviously taxing. As an aside, Hugh Freeze also has a house on the same lake.
Thanks for the clarification. Knew he owned a few different lakehouses within the last few years, but could not get clear which ones were sold.
Kool
AG
They tried to auction that property years ago. I believe the reserve was about $11 million and wasn't met. Market timing was terrible and he later sold it. Based on prices on Burton, I would guess his current crib would fetch about $8 million or so. In case you're looking.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.