Rumor: Herman to Texas is 'all but official'

11,881 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bob Dobalina
Bob Dobalina
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

Wonder if this little fiasco sours Herman on the whole tu thing.
Another bad UH loss, and some tu big cigars might sour on him.

I hope this search is an even bigger fiasco than the Strong one.
NathanChristie
AG
Unless you're name is Urban or Dabo, I don't see how a coach can be successful at tu in the situation they're in.

RIP Herman's career. I really like the guy.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Dabo is not coming to tu; he has better facilities (and about to get even better), great support from everyone, etc. In my opinion, he is patiently waiting for Saban to retire so he can "go home to mamma" as The Bear said...
HTownAg98
Bob Dobalina said:

Quote:

Wonder if this little fiasco sours Herman on the whole tu thing.
Another bad UH loss, and some tu big cigars might sour on him.

I hope this search is an even bigger fiasco than the Strong one.

He's got Louisville coming up...
88jrt06
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Pam Poovey said:

Herman on the local news tonight stating this is bogus. He mad.
Imagine how often that would play out if he took the job in Austin, with ketch and co starting all kinds of bs rumors, or reporting on true events that Herman doesn't want out.
I wonder if TexAgs might chip in from time-to-time....
Bob Dobalina
TXAGBQ76 said:

Dabo is not coming to tu; he has better facilities (and about to get even better), great support from everyone, etc. In my opinion, he is patiently waiting for Saban to retire so he can "go home to mamma" as The Bear said...
Oh I think you could be right, as tu is much more of mess than most people realize but I am not sure I would want to be the guy to follow Saban either. He has a pretty good gig now. But I think Dabo is the type of coach tu needs if they want to recapture the Mack glory days (they never will be Bama or tOSU).
TXAGBQ76
AG
Agreed
who?mikejones
AG
Herman should get as far away from Texas as he can. Maybe usc, ucla or notre dame. Just being near tu ruins your career.
aggiehawg
AG
who?mikejones said:

Herman should get as far away from Texas as he can. Maybe usc, ucla or notre dame. Just being near tu ruins your career.
I think he would have a blast at Oregon.
Bob Dobalina
aggiehawg said:

who?mikejones said:

I think he would have a blast at Oregon.
I think Oregon is the dark horse now. I do not think USC fires their coach unless he flames out the rest of the way. UCLA doesn't pay enough, and ND is wedded to Kelly for a little while longer.

Oregon can pay him and has Knight bankrolling everything, and he will stay out of your way if you are winning. The only think that would suck is that there is no natural talent base there.
Quote:

He's got Louisville coming up...

I hope Louisville puts 60 plus on them if Herman is going to be the next sip coach. The UH players looked like they quit on Sat. against SMU. They do that against Louisville, and they might lose by 60.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.