Baylor fans delusion summed up

5,108 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sea Gull
TexasAggie008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/baylor-supporters-struggling-to-cope-with-fallout-from-latest-scandal-024200662.html

Wow....
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
pathetic.

Also, something-something, about undermining Baylor's moral identity? Can I get a ha ha ha?!?!?!?
Talon2DSO
AG
Those mothereffers deserve the death penalty. That comment of "I feel bad for the victims or whatever..." makes me want to puke.

Christian school my ass.
dcowboy808
AG
"Citrano, selling fajitas and nachos in Floyd Casey Stadium during that game, was holding a container of hot water while watching that play. He threw the water in disgust, severely burning the skin around his left ankle."

Awesome
DatTallArchitect
AG
Yeah. I couldn't read much past that. Too nauseating. Disgust doesn't begin to describe how that made me feel. How they can be that callous is beyond me.
Muy
AG
"The victims or whatever"

Nice, Baylor, real nice.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
I feel bad for any victims or whatever, but it's a different world we live in.

First of all, what a ******. He perfectly sums up what most baylor fans care about....winning games. Second, what does that even mean? Is he referring to the oft-used excuse by pathetic baylor fans that a girl is asking to be raped these days if she's wearing low cut blouses, dancing, and dares go somewhere in private with a male?

quote:
But it wasn't easy finding a Baptist leader willing to speak about the crisis that has gripped the school and threatened to undermine its moral identity.

Why was it hard for religious leaders to speak out against rape? My grandfather was a Baptist preacher and I assure you if he was still alive he would have no problem railing against them. Sick. That whole town is sick.

quote:
And there was the 2003 murder of one Baylor basketball player by another.

Smith referred to that as "the 2003 issue."

Just a little bit of cheating, murdering, and covering up...yep, just that "2003 issue", nothing to really talk about.

quote:
"The first thing I thought [when Grobe was hired] was, 'What?' " Smith said. "But then I learned that the entire staff was staying and I felt much better."

"We need a football game to happen," Smith said. "We need a game next weekend."

Disgusting.
Señor Chang
AG
quote:
"There was fear running rampant," Smith said. "If we were removed, it was not going to be pretty. It was Judge Starr who helped salvage Baylor's spot in the Big 12."

Wait, what?
yeshellyes
AG
Disgusting school, disgusting people, disgusting city. If there ever was a program that NEEDS the death penalty this is it.
Talon2DSO
AG
quidam65
quote:

Why was it hard for religious leaders to speak out against rape?

Because in the 1970's-1980's when the Southern Baptist Convention was split between the "moderates" (which the other side called "liberals") and the "conservatives" (which the other side called "fundamentalists"), and Baylor was asked what side it supported, it changed its nominating policy for trustees to prevent the "conservatives" from having any influence.

Essentially they created a self-perpetuating board of trustees, where the current ones would nominate a majority of its replacements. (They could since they were technically independent of the state convention, actually predating it.)

They made their choice back then. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.
Potcake
AG
quote:
whatever, but it's a different world we live in.

That quote guaranteed I will never step a foot in George's. What an ass.
Redstone
AG
I am a former Baptist.
Al Bula
AG
Sammy Citrano looks like a taint licking dbag.

ccatag
AG
It's like there is a strain of babtist-Sharia Law happening right there in Waco at Baylol.
RK
AG
he looks like Fat Briles.
dixichkn
AG
"Poor Art........if only those hoors hadn't opened their big mouths about being raped or whatever, we'd still be patting ourselves on the back about how awesome we are. But no, those gutless liberals had to cave in. Didn't have Art's back at all. Pathetic. I'm giving up my season tickets."

Pretty much summarizes the majority of Baylol fans. Not all, of course. Some are actual human beings. But guys like Sammy seem to be in the majority. And I hope there's a special place waiting for them and their horribly maladjusted attitudes.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Wait, so he's a fan of a school that likes to claim is guided by it's strict religious beliefs, and many of it's fans are at least partially blaming the girls for "putting themselves in these situations", yet his restaurant is the home of the "Big O"?
millertyme
AG
The attitude of these fans is the exact reason this situation was allowed to be perpetuated for so long. A culture of "winning at all costs".
OlAg2001
Reading that article was awful. The fans deserve everything coming their way.
goodAg80
AG
quote:

Thinking of that guy and his Big O isn't appetizing.

LSB_2002
AG
quote:

Clearly!!!!
Sea Gull
AG
**** up his life booze
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.