Baylor's top 3 2016 recruits have not reported

11,986 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wbt5845
American Hardwood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Baylor has to release the players. They would be incredible fools if they didn't. Trying to retain the class in that way is a very shortsighted solution when the bad press resulting from it would be devastating from the PR perspective and even worse for future recruiting.
GAC06
AG
This just keeps getting better
Mathguy64
AG
They are going to wish that Chip and JoJo had renovated Floyd Casey instead of spending all that money on the toilet bowl because that's going to be one expensive empty mofo in the next year or 2.
Ragoo
AG
What I want to know, did these players and parents just not care about the allegations before art was fired? I mean this has been out there for a long time now.
North American Flagship
Seven Baylor commits want out

http://yhoo.it/1ROusEv
. . .
quote:
What I want to know, did these players and parents just not care about the allegations before art was fired? I mean this has been out there for a long time now.
Seems hard to believe but at least two of the kids/parents said they had "no idea".

quote:
Martin, Baylor's four-star signee from Port Arthur (Texas) Memorial, said he has no interest in enrolling at Baylor and would have not picked the school had he known about the Pepper Hamilton investigation that led to Briles' termination.

Martin has been committed to playing for the Bears since July 2014. His mother, Marion Harris, said Baylor coaches never mentioned the investigation or the school's sexual assault issues to her during Martin's recruitment.

"I don't feel comfortable at all sending my son to be in that type of environment," she said. "I didn't raise him like that. Whether the allegations are true or not, there's too much going on there. I'm sending him to school for an education and not for all the extra problems there at Baylor.

"I don't think Baylor is the fit for him."

Martin said he stayed in touch with Baylor running backs coach Jeff Lebby but has yet to hear from new interim coach Jim Grobe. Martin said Grobe's hiring doesn't alleviate any of his concerns about enrolling at Baylor.

"I'll tell you like I'll tell him: I've heard a lot of good things about him, but it's not about the coach," Martin said. "I don't want to be around that environment."
quote:
Urquidez echoed much of what Martin said. He, too, said he would not have signed with the Bears had he known about the sexual assault allegations and thought he was walking into a "stable program and university."

Julian Urquidez said he has visited face-to-face with Baylor athletic department officials twice about his son's intent to play football at another school. He met with Chad Jackson, Baylor's senior associate athletic director for compliance, in Waco on Tuesday.
Slwdsm
quote:
I thought I saw somewhere that Texas had 81 scholarships so (if accurate) they would have 4 scholarships available.

A quick Google Search turned up a recent 247 article (that I won't link for obvious reasons) saying 83 on scholarship/accounted for.... so unless Charlie can trap door better than Mack, your number is 2.

Edit: Furthermore you have two walkons that have both earned scholarships for the two previous season... but telling them to pound sand seems to be right in Charlie's wheel house.
wbt5845
AG
These kids and their parents knew about all that was going on at Waco - there's been smoke around that program for years. Those comments are just posturing - the reason they want out now is because they know they're going to be playing for a loser.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.