Regarding Brandon Jones

23,864 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 2wealfth Man
Texas velvet maestro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Don't worry, with Chavis coaching the defense and a competent OC, we won't need as much luck. And Sumlin can kick back and drink a cuba libre and smoke some victory cigars on the sidelines for all I care.

If it works more power to ya. I'm not rooting you on, but I guess that unless we both get to a bowl we won't be lining up to play again for awhile.
I'm a Horn who wants to play y'all. Strong needs to quickly get it together. Sumlin needs to keep it going, but keep leaving recruits on the table.
A History Of Violence
AG
quote:
Y'all really are SEC middle rungers. You have that mentality. Now it seems weird you didn't bolt with Arkansas. But times were pretty good back then. You had that great decade with solid coaches, a strong foundation, solid teams.
Now it's just sumlin, manziel, hype, djs, social media. A house built on shifting sands. and booze.

This ***** shows up after four years bc of one recruiting class?
No, he's not obsessed.
Texas velvet maestro
quote:
quote:
Y'all really are SEC middle rungers. You have that mentality. Now it seems weird you didn't bolt with Arkansas. But times were pretty good back then. You had that great decade with solid coaches, a strong foundation, solid teams.
Now it's just sumlin, manziel, hype, djs, social media. A house built on shifting sands. and booze.

No, he's not obsessed.
When there's a lot of buzz about us beating you in February I drop in here to see how y'all are handling it.
Then I try and remember my password. is it cow town or panther city or funky town, stock yards or camp bowie...one thing leads to another
RetiredpostalMarine
1:25 A.M. ? DAMN
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
quote:

No, he's not obsessed.

There was a time when having back to back losing seasons, getting a recruiting class in the teens, and literally begging a Tulsa assistant to make a lateral move would humble the sips. But I guess these days with being stuck in a mid-major conference dominated by church schools you have to be proud of what you can.
Lungblood
Texas has done a great job at setting up their next coach for immediate success.

Charlie is way too stupid to have executed this strategy.
OPAG
AG
A little perspective.

1. Absolutely no doubt at all that the sip brass including the power boosters got desperate and went into high gear and opened up the treasure box. I know that like the I know the earth is round

2. From a football perspective Sumlin was able to use what little transcendent talent was left to him from the previous regime. He blew that up way more then anyone could of expected.

3, Anyone with any sort of real football brain KNEW that 2013 and 14 were going to be extremely lean years from a defensive perspective. Especially going to the SEC.

4. NOBODY could have realistically expected that after 4 years in the SEC W that our record would be 36-16. We are 4 - 0 against an Ark team that absolutely prison raped tu last year. We are 2-2 vs Ole Miss, we are 2-2 vs Auburn, 3-1 vs Miss State, 1- 3 vs Bama, the only real egg is 0-4 vs LSU. However every single one of these teams would be competing for the championship in BDF and they all would have molested tu and the one that did play tu, DID a lot more then molest them.

5. I totally disagree with the sip narrative spin (and the stupider segment of Aggies that are trolled by them-- the Viet Cong) that we are trending down. We have had some speed bumbs but we are a much better team over all and for the first time sense 2012 we will actually be fielding a team with established talent across the board. For the first time ever in Sumlin's time we are not counting on any true fish to come and start! (THAT WAS STRONG'S BIGGEST PITCH.) We finally are starting to look like an SEC W team ESPECIALLY ON THE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL. where we have been over matched and have been forced to play a significant number of true fish over the past three years.

6. Class comparison, would I trade the sips class for ours ABSOLUTELY NOT. NOT NO FREAKING WAY.
I don't get caught up in the recruiting game hype and guess what after all the drama from last year after the Murray's played their little charade with Charlie 'core values', lying, Strong. (yea you know the one that made about 8 different promises to recruits that he did not keep and when asked about it he said, 'oh you talking about recruiting talk yea? You know that guy who has had a former player file a civil suit against for breach of contract, you know like lying!) I think Sumlin has adjusted he is not making promises. He is not, for better or worse, trying to snake oil them with a bunch of promises. HE IS NOT GOING TO EVER GET STUCK IN THAT PREDICAMENT AGAIN) I also think, Sumlin is right when he talks about he late signers getting all the hype, (and tu has always been the hype masters) it is forgotten that we offered two guys at CB before we even offered Curfee. Curfee would never crack the roster here at A&M other then ST.

The same MIGHT BE SAID McCollough and every player the sips 'won' from us with the exception of B Jones. None of those DL signed would earn playing

Even then the narrative for B Jones was the promise of starting and it is one promise Strong will keep. Sucks to be the other kid who is earned the starters position. Because he is going to get moved or put on second team. REGARDLESS OF how well Jones performs or doesn't perform.

So when all is said and done, outside of B Jones, not one of the sips recruit would be in our two deep next year, it's just depth,

On the other hand we have picked up SEC type of kids that can now grow and develop and not have to be pressed into action. I like this class and I think we'll get Moton who would be the crown jewel of the DT's signed this year with maybe the exception of Oliver, Maybe.

I not sure McCullough would beat out the guys we signed last year.

Stevetex.
OPAG just posted a lot of stuff and failed to mention the need of quality LBs A&M was needing.

How convenient.

To say McCulloch wouldn't touch the two deep roster at A&M is just asinine.
Rocco S
Dodson is better than McCullough
Rocco S
This is why you're a stupid fan base. Here's the logic you're dumb fan base uses:

We got McCullough, therefore Aggie didn't sign any good LB.

When in reality, we signed a 1st team Parade All American

McCullough wouldn't start for us. No way. He likely wouldn't see the 2 deep at OLB this year

AggieBand2004
AG
In nobody's world is McCullough better
Stevetex.
quote:

I didn't see any Michigans, Notre Dames, or Alabamas or any major players offer him so I call BS on that assumption.

USMC0331
quote:
quote:

I didn't see any Michigans, Notre Dames, or Alabamas or any major players offer him so I call BS on that assumption.

Kinda like I call BS on sips flocking to the military draft or no draft. So you say you served Steve. With who, where, and when. Thanks, and Semper Fi.
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Kinda like I call BS on sips flocking to the military draft or no draft. So you say you served Steve. With who, where, and when. Thanks, and Semper Fi.

Third Marine Air Wing. 87 to 91 and what would you know about sips draft dodging?
USMC0331
Stop with the revisionist history. Semper Fi, Steve. Thanks for YOUR service.

CAAT 1/4 Wpns Co 0331
Echo 2/1 Wpns Plt 0331
1998-2002
Rocco S
quote:
quote:

I don't see McCullough:

http://parade.com/454823/brianmclaughlin/parade-all-america-team-2016-player-of-the-year/

Stevetex.
quote:
Stop with the revisionist history. Semper Fi, Steve. Thanks for YOUR service.

CAAT 1/4 Wpns Co 0331
Echo 2/1 Wpns Plt 0331
1998-2002

Same to you.

Marines are " Always Faithful "
ClassOf17
quote:
Stevetex - I don 't dislike Charlie. But doing that at Texas is very different than doing that at Louisville. Go back and check the schedules those teams played. Charlie had a win or two over some good teams, he also for the most part played a weak schedule every year. Charlie will have to win at Texas before he proves himself as a big time Head Coach. And I am not sure he is. And I think that so far my statement is a fair one. Just my opinion.

What's bad is that Louisville's and Texas' schedule are pretty much the exact same. They both play maybe two teams with winning records and Texas still can't win more than 6 games.
ClassOf17
quote:
OPAG just posted a lot of stuff and failed to mention the need of quality LBs A&M was needing.

How convenient.

To say McCulloch wouldn't touch the two deep roster at A&M is just asinine.

We have arguably the best DC in the country who made huge strides with Little talent. I think all Ags are happy with getting linebackers he felt would benefit our defense. We sure are missing out on that 5* you stole from us last year, huh?
Joe Exotic
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

Quote:

We went from 8-5 to 8-5 the past two years.

You went from 6-7 to 5-7.

Who is trending in a more downward trajectory based on these facts?

We are, based on that, which I guess I'm supposed to believe is the sum of the information that informs you on this subject.
You know there's more going on. Sumlin freakishly peaked in his first year. Strong kicked a bunch of dudes off the team his first year and is trying to put it all back together. Sumlin likes to booze it up. Strong is up running every morning at 5am. Open your eyes wider, Rocco. Your two season sample doesn't tell the story. There's more info available to you. But if you like small samples, from the 2015 bye to this minute y'all have been losing ground on every front.

What about now, you bumbling dumb ****?
Hood
AG
That window-licking ****heel is never coming back*.

*Until they go 8-5 under Herman
Beetle 92
AG
sphinx said:

Quote:

You guys keep believing what you want.

Texas needed LBs and DTs in the 4* range and they got them.

Nows the time to jump on the train. It's not too late to trend up with Texas.
Can't wait to bump this in October
Blumpkin for you Sir.
Bob Dobalina
Covert is going to have to give away a lot more cars to keep up recruiting this year.
wbt5845
AG

My dig was that A&M's wins last season were no great shakes. You didn't have quality wins. 9 teams beat SC and you were one of them. I understand your retort and that you're impressed with it. We were shut out by a terrible team. Got it. We also beat OU and Baylor; quality wins. We showed decently against OSU. We had a RB break out at the end of the season. There were good signs.
After the bye...y'all just...y'all have to be worried. Sure your coach is a smooth talker like billy dee williams, but he's a drunk, He's making bad moves. Things have been going straight downhill from an Aggie football program standpoint. Your early success in the SEC is looking fluky.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw
Maybe velvet is a career criminal: gets out of the joint, he comes on here, talks some noise, sells some dope or burgles a few houses, gets caught again, does his time...repeat.

Would explain the long absences.
Rocco S

Quote:

We went from 8-5 to 8-5 the past two years.

You went from 6-7 to 5-7.

Who is trending in a more downward trajectory based on these facts?

We are, based on that, which I guess I'm supposed to believe is the sum of the information that informs you on this subject.
You know there's more going on. Sumlin freakishly peaked in his first year. Strong kicked a bunch of dudes off the team his first year and is trying to put it all back together. Sumlin likes to booze it up. Strong is up running every morning at 5am. Open your eyes wider, Rocco. Your two season sample doesn't tell the story. There's more info available to you. But if you like small samples, from the 2015 bye to this minute y'all have been losing ground on every front.

Where is this **** stain now
Rocco S

Maybe bayside isn't the reason you're all getting dumber and saying progressively stupider **** every year, but having to defend ridiculous remarks will take its toll. Pretty soon you can't tell yourself from an idiot, so you start really believing that the idiot is just like you. That's where you're at now.
But I'm an optimist. I'll keep an eye open for improvement.
Silent For Too Long
Texas Slave Master, Steve, and RV right now:

DayAg!
S
Yep, every one of those simple minded bumpkins have been under the fridge since after the Cal game. If we turn off the lights in here would they come out?
Nixter
2wealfth Man
AG
Maybe they became hermaphrodites and ****ed themselves.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.