Horns lying to recruits and Strong doesn't know what the hell is going on

9,107 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LastHamlet
El Nino in Londontown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From Horn #'s:

quote:
Texas A&M commit & Klein Oak OL Ryan McCollum just sent me this text as a follow up to this morning's story:

"Part of the reason I'm not switching is because Coach Wickline lied to me about recruiting and A&M never lied to me about recruiting once. They watched me all year and offered me after my season. Also, when Coach Strong talked to me on the phone he had no clue what was going on with me and recruiting. He asked me what schools were looking at me when I was committing and was shocked when I told him I was committing."

Wabs
AG
I'm surprised any recruit can even decipher what Chollie is saying when he talks.
Here4Beer
AG
They've lied to recruits year after year, some things will just never change
NoneGiven
AG
#shambles
vin1041
AG
It's ok to lie to recruits when the sips do it.
Cynical_Texan
AG
This story needs to be retold, reposted, retweeted and rehashed as much as possible.

SOP for SIP.

El Nino in Londontown
AG
quote:
This story needs to be retold, reposted, retweeted and rehashed as much as possible.

THIS
d78230
AG
Gotta to agree with above..maybe he couldn't tell what Chollie was saying?

Did Chollie even dial the right number?? Maybe he meant to call someone else?

Did he get the area code right?

dixichkn
AG
quote:

SOP for SIP.

I'm sure the DMN, FWST and Houston Comical will be all over it.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
quote:

SOP for SIP.

I'm sure the DMN, FWST and Houston Comical will be all over it.
Yup... Grass Roots movement. A&M never should have ditched their journalism degree over a decade ago. (even if its back now).
goodAg80
AG
What an embarrassment to the state.

Dr. Abbott, DDS
Is that a trend I'm looking at?
The Collective
AG
Stories like this will be defended / ignored today, but they will be reported on heavily when it comes time to can Strong.
leftcoastaggie
AG
#LetsLie
VonDaMan
AG
When there's nothing else you can do, see what you can get away with.
RVHorn
Your top two QBs left due to "trust" issues.
VonDaMan
AG
quote:
We did actually trust one of them.
El Nino in Londontown
AG
quote:

Your only defensive tackle recruit refused to show up last year because he was lied too.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
And they didn't even glance "your" school's way.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Taylor Gaspar is a "reporter"

I look forward to Norvell's announcement 24 hours after signing day.
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/1/11/10751308/jay-norvell-texas-longhorns-return
goodAg80
AG
quote:
This is another lie from the horn camp. It was created by Taylor Gaspar. Is lying the only thing you guys do?

If the young men want to share their reasons publicly then you can find out. Kyle has more or less said openly that he came to A&M to be with Spavital. Kyler has not said what his reasons are so I won't share what I know.
vin1041
AG
quote:

You know this for a fact? Or just hearsay from some sip reporter with so call sources close to the situation?

AggieBand2004
AG
quote:
quote:
This is another lie from the horn camp. It was created by Taylor Gaspar. Is lying the only thing you guys do?

If the young men want to share their reasons publicly then you can find out. Kyle has more or less said openly that he came to A&M to be with Spavital. Kyler has not said what his reasons are so I won't share what I know.
My assumption is that, without Allen on campus, Murray was told to forego baseball and spend the full offseason learning to be QB1.
Pure assumption, but that would fit the timing of the decision and Helicopter Daddy's meeting
longhornhere55
5 Star QB's Allen and Murray run away from Aggie within weeks of each other.

Looks like they clearly understood Coach Swag.
mid90
AG
quote:
Stories like this will be defended / ignored today, but they will be reported on heavily when it comes time to can Strong.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
If Kyle wanted to be with Spav, why did he bug out before the bowl game (in which Soav coached)?
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:

Looks like they clearly understood Coach Swag
Your smack talk reflects "your" team and school... weak.
Flexbone
quote:

Looks like they clearly understood Coach Swag.
What 5 start QBs has Texas gotten to come at all?
Hood
AG
He saw the writing on the wall?

Spav's departure wasn't in doubt after November.
Al Bula
AG
UT and Strong make it so easy for Sumlin and Co. to remove them from relevancy for a decade, yet Sumlin can't seem to get his sh t together. It is maddening. But I'd rather be an Aggie than on the other side of things right now.
CoachLB
RV - I believe they both left because the staff was honest with them. Neither EARNED by their play on the field the right to be named the full-time starter. They were truthfully told the job would be open in the spring and they would be a competition for the job. Allen left. Murray I believe left because his dad is a control freak (if you don't believe me ask Charlie Strong, he tried to work a deal with them for his kids commitment) and when things didn't pan out like he wanted he pulled a power play and moved his kid. But lets just believe Chip Brown and internet rumors on this. That seems to be the Horn way.
bryanhome
quote:
From Horn #'s:

What did Wickline lie about?
quote:
Texas A&M commit & Klein Oak OL Ryan McCollum just sent me this text as a follow up to this morning's story:

"Part of the reason I'm not switching is because Coach Wickline lied to me about recruiting and A&M never lied to me about recruiting once. They watched me all year and offered me after my season. Also, when Coach Strong talked to me on the phone he had no clue what was going on with me and recruiting. He asked me what schools were looking at me when I was committing and was shocked when I told him I was committing."

dreyOO
We talkin bout recruitin again? Come on. You it's just recruiting talk...

/Chollie
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
RV - I believe they both left because the staff was honest with them. Neither EARNED by their play on the field the right to be named the full-time starter. They were truthfully told the job would be open in the spring and they would be a competition for the job. Allen left. Murray I believe left because his dad is a control freak (if you don't believe me ask Charlie Strong, he tried to work a deal with them for his kids commitment) and when things didn't pan out like he wanted he pulled a power play and moved his kid. But lets just believe Chip Brown and internet rumors on this. That seems to be the Horn way.
wbt5845
AG
I know Kyle Allen left because he was tight with Spav and knew he was getting fired.

I have no idea why Murray.

And I'm 1,000,000% better connected than that bunt Taylor Gaspar so anything above and beyond what I just wrote is fabrication.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.