So after all the 12thMan trademark smack about Texas A&M

10,400 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by DifferenceMaker Ag
Rocco S
How long do you want to ignore this user?
and the Seattle Seahawks by shagginbevo posters, they got their websites name yanked by the very school they support?

I'm sure that's been mentioned, just wanted to make sure their lurkers here were aware of such a cruel irony, and another of their huge narrative talking points blowing up in their faces again.

Poor, poor tsips
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
and the Seattle Seahawks by shagginbevo posters, they got their websites name yanked by the very school they support?

I'm sure that's been mentioned, just wanted to make sure their lurkers here were aware of such a cruel irony, and another of their huge narrative talking points blowing up in their faces again.

Poor, poor tsips
BQ_90
AG
BQ_90
AG
I wonder how they'll spin this one as Perry's fault.
NoneGiven
AG
Who is gonna bump this?
http://www.sh%61ggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/141664-****-spreads-their-cheeks-on-the-national-stage/page40
Dr. Abbott, DDS
quote:
I wonder how they'll spin this one as Perry's fault.
Jeff Fisher was involved as well
BohunkAg
AG
Man, this has been a ****ty year for them.
Nuke_Ag05
AG
quote:
And the year isn't over. It's been ****ing hilarious to watch.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Cant wait for Randy's new Opus about how it wasnt trademark infringement since he's such the expert.

Maybe he can convince a state legislator or two to sue Belmont on their behalf for some fraud.
Rocco S
quote:

And football season hasn't even started
longhornhere55
quote:

Poor, poor tsips

Yo Rocco.

"cruel irony"?

btw, wasn't it your university wizards who sold your beloved "12th Man" to the Seahawks for a pittance?
goodAg80
AG
Mr. Blimp has arrived.

Watch him crash and burn.
Rocco S
quote:
quote:

Poor, poor tsips

Yo Rocco.

"cruel irony"?

btw, wasn't it your university wizards who sold your beloved "12th Man" to the Seahawks for a pittance?

Yes, to protect our trademark, without trying to be greedy.

What's your point?
wbt5845
AG
Hey hey - the old website was marked as "adult humor" on my work computer system - the new one is wide open.

thanks Patterson!
AggieBand2004
AG
quote:
quote:

Poor, poor tsips

Yo Rocco.

"cruel irony"?

Add "enforcement of trademark laws and corporate property" to the long list of things you can't fully comprehend
One Tooth Man
Trademarking an insult. What can be worse? Defending it!.
permabull
AG
Scrap Iron Ag
AG
I know it's been said many times out here, but I'll say it again - you can't even make this stuff up. And they did it/are doing it all to themselves.

Karma.
NoneGiven
AG
****ting on their own alumni

http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2010-02-12/960952/
BQ_90
AG
honestly sips, is this POS 55 the best you can do. Are things really that bad that this guy is your spokesman
TXAGBQ76
AG
Add law to the lengthy list of things little 55 knows nothing about (aren't we up to 1000 pages or so by now). We sold nothing we gave them a limited license for a finite period of tune. This enabled them to make other plans and TAMU to protect its IP against other potential infringements.

The cruel irony is we held firm against a large business entity and your tshirt girlies could not do so against little old AO's horns down and cut off law suit by the not so powerful powers and the "vaunted" sip law school.

Keep trying; your total obsession with all that is TAMU is still duly noted!
AGinHI
AG
Busdriver99
AG
Sipfanhere doesn't understand the big picture. I'm shocked.
RVHorn
The big difference is that you guys agree with the idiocy over "The 12th Man" while Longhorns don't agree with this idiocy.

Bevo's name itself is taken from a beer.
DayAg!
S
quote:
"Sigh".. are you really gonna prance in here with this. Dude, you can do better. This is one of the weakest things you've attempted, and thats saying something.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
"Sigh".. are you really gonna prance in here with this. Dude, you can do better. This is one of the weakest things you've attempted, and thats saying something.
It's not from a beer? I thought that was uncontested.
Busdriver99
AG
quote:
The big difference is that you guys agree with the idiocy over "The 12th Man" while Longhorns don't agree with this idiocy.

Better yet, you could elaborate on what "agrees with the idiocy" means. And how Aggies and Longhorns do or don't "agree with the idiocy". Let's hear it!
yeahright81
yeahright81
AG
He's right. 13 - 0 beer.
BQ_90
AG
quote:

Well we're pretty consistent on defending it. Yet yall will sell it except in this case. Which just shows what a petty little ***** Steve is in this case.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:

Better yet, you could elaborate on what "agrees with the idiocy" means. And how Aggies and Longhorns do or don't "agree with the idiocy". Let's hear it!
Read the op. Then read my answer. Then think about it.

Clue: The op thinks there is irony or hypcrisy in this story. There isn't because the Aggies and Longhorns reacted differently to their respective school's idiotic trademark claim.

There ya go.

Now, I wonder if you can keep yourself from proving my point.
RVHorn
quote:
He's right. 13 - 0 beer.
Why do you think Texas chose "Bevo?"

I don't get why this is an issue.

Yes, you branded a longhorn with the score from a game (the game you won a year prior, oddly enough). We changed it to Bevo.

Where does your lore claim the word came from?
NoneGiven
AG
quote:

So what you are telling me is that your fans are impotent? 30+ years of attacking their own.

From the link above:
"UT's board of regents began trademarking university properties back in 1981. A list of protected trademarks appears on the university Office of Trademark Licensing Web page; alongside more specific trademarks such as Bevo and Lady Longhorns is, simply, Texas. The trademarks protect the massive revenues Texas sports merchandise generates; for the fourth year running, UT was the top-selling university brand in fiscal year 2009, according to the Collegiate Licensing Co., which oversees a majority of college teams."
WestAustinAg
AG
quote:
oh good. i look forward to the lawsuit by one of your alums taking the Athletic Department and the school to court for the right to use the word bevo...afterall it was just the name of a beer...
aggiehawg
AG
FTR, Bevo was a near beer malt beverage sold during Prohibition. It went out of production in 1929.

How the first steer came to be named "Bevo" is a matter of debate. And they ate him a few years later anyway.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.