SIAP...Lampkin's appeal denied

8,971 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by The Collective
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Freakin' NCAA. What's the point of an appeal process if it isn't timely??

Justice delayed is justice denied.
Oh, take off the maroon shades. The NCAA was never going to allow him to break his contract.

Lampkin should have brushed up on his espanol. Time for him to get away from mama and man up and attend Junior College.

Charlie should have told him Rumph was leaving...
you won't get siptrash55 to even go there. The chump will never discuss hard facts when it comes to the lies Chollie tells.
permabull
AG
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
Is anyone surprised when a kid/athlete doesn't gain admission to Stanford?? No, they are not. Granted, Stanford is very careful with their scholarship offers, but not every single one of their commits end up there. It happens.

They kind of take some pride in releasing kids who aren't "Stanford Worthy."

Wish the young man well, and send him on his way. Common decency for adults. There are some adults somewhere in this equation, aren't there??
Unfortunately, even after 132 years, our little baby brother is still the same immature petulant angry narcissist child he's always been....and apparently that will never change.
DayAg!
S
quote:
Strong did exactly what was best for the kid. He made him man-up and learn about the meaning of a contract.
Why you simple minded..... Chuckles lied, had no integrity in the matter whatsoever. Why would he want to punish a kid for his own ignorance on the issue. A little research would have told him that the kid wasnt going to make it in. But I guess it looked good in the rankings just like the Florida kids. That plus Chuckles knew his position coach was out on the first plane the day after recruiting. Talk about deception. Yet you post about making someone man up. There is stupid and then just about where you cant see under that is your kind of stupid. Every time your little lotion-ed up hands touch the keyboard it reeks with stuff only an individual like yourself can come up with.

ps:... Staff, amazes me why they let this clown hang around here.
vin1041
AG
Everyone here knows the NCAA never rules against the sips in these situations.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
quote:
Strong did exactly what was best for the kid. He made him man-up and learn about the meaning of a contract.
Why you simple minded..... Chuckles lied, had no integrity in the matter whatsoever. Why would he want to punish a kid for his own ignorance on the issue. A little research would have told him that the kid wasnt going to make it in. But I guess it looked good in the rankings just like the Florida kids. That plus Chuckles knew his position coach was out on the first plane the day after recruiting. Talk about deception. Yet you post about making someone man up. There is stupid and then just about where you cant see under that is your kind of stupid. Every time your little lotion-ed up hands touch the keyboard it reeks with stuff only an individual like yourself can come up with.

ps:... Staff, amazes me why they let this clown hang around here.
We police this board ourselves through ridicule and facts. No need to be like the shag.
Ted Logan
AG
Why doesn't Lampkin just apply to OU as a normal student since he qualifies and then join the team at the end of August when Texas officially released him/denies admittance? Financial aid?
Bullet Tooth Tony
quote:
quote:
There are many old threads about Strong doing what was best for the kids first on here that can be bumped. Threads with sips bragging about him helping talented kids go to the school that would best fit them.
Ahh, the maroon kool-aid is strong (see what I did there) with the home fans today.

And if the roles were reversed you'd be bragging about Coach Swagger doing the same.
That is completely spin. It's because he wants to go to OU, period.

If the kid wanted to go to Boise, he would already be there, and this would not be a story - except that the media would be gushing over what a fair and stand-up guy Chollie is for allowing the kid to realize his dream of playing College Football.
Rocco S
Charlie Strong lied to Lampkin about Coach Ruph, plain and simple. Taking the recruit to task and applauding your midget retard coach for doing that is ridiculously stupid.
Wabs
AG
Isn't lying one of Chollie's 5 golden rules, or whatever he calls them?

Pot meet Kettle.
TX_Aggie37
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Freakin' NCAA. What's the point of an appeal process if it isn't timely??

Justice delayed is justice denied.
Oh, take off the maroon shades. The NCAA was never going to allow him to break his contract.

Lampkin should have brushed up on his espanol. Time for him to get away from mama and man up and attend Junior College.

Charlie should have told him Rumph was leaving...
This. If tu lied to him then IMO they broke the contract anyway and the kid has every right to be pissed and wanna jump ship
khkman22
AG
I was reading an Orangebloods article from June and it said that anybody denied admission is automatically released from the LOI. At this point there is no way he can take the required classes so he is effectively denied. He doesn't need a stamp telling him he has been rejected. That's why I think it would be worth a shot to try to expedite something through the court, because this is pretty cut and dry.

I know there's some more wording I saw in a previous thread that is in the LOI with regards to not qualifying, but I still think he has a small case.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
Isn't lying one of Chollie's 5 golden rules, or whatever he calls them?

Pot meet Kettle.
There are literally hundreds of posts at the shag and 247sip discussing Lampkin-gate, and almost 100% of those posts conveniently do not mention even a single word about Strong's and Rumpf's dishonesty and culpability in this mess.
    None of that surprises us about them, of course, because we dealt with those people for 130+ years. But (Thank God) we left them behind in the bdf.
    TXAGBQ76
    AG
    If a contract is a contract, why did chollie kick kids off the team who were not law breakers? What the kid learned is there are two sets of rules at a minimum at the farty acres...
    Furlock Bones
    AG
    it really is all about the kids at t.u.
    Aggie Joe 93
    AG
    quote:
    Ahh, the maroon kool-aid is strong.

The sip atom bomb!!!
    quote:

Ha! Strong himself said he wasn't paying attention to it. He cowardly distanced himself; while you're spinning....
    quote:
    And if the roles were reversed you'd be bragging about Coach Swagger doing the same.

Beyond stupid. The "If game", the favorite sip talking point. Dumb though. If the roles were reversed, no. We'd be blasting Coach Sumlin. AND your critical post would have already been wiped from any sip "discussion" board.
    wbt5845
    AG
    While I feel sorry for the kid, this is the best possible outcome for us. This maximizes the appearance of pettiness of the Texas coaching staff and will be used against them in recruiting for years to come (assuming they hang on that long).
    leftcoastaggie
    AG
    Charley took a chance on an academically questionable recruit and it didn't pan out. They should let it go. Maybe in the future there should be more oversight from their coaching staff and they won't offer kids who have no chance of getting into the university.

Who am I kidding, next year they will continue to offer barely functional special needs kids if it will boost their recruiting rankings. Charley forgot he wasn't coaching at Louisville anymore. How many of their recruits are not going to make it in this year? If it's more than one, that is all on those coaches and shows that their "core values" aren't worth the poster-board they were printed on. Throwing away a kids future to "win" in recruiting is despicable..... but not surprising.
    aggiehawg
    AG
    quote:
    Why doesn't Lampkin just apply to OU as a normal student since he qualifies and then join the team at the end of August when Texas officially released him/denies admittance? Financial aid?
    Uhhmm, money?? They can't offer him a scholly. He's from OOS.
    Aggie Joe 93
    AG
    And no Car Dealership jobs open at the moment? Something doesn't add up.
    NoneGiven
    AG
    quote:
    He cannot qualify for admission into tu. He did not break the contract. Impossibility of performance.

He was a risk of not being able to attend tu when Strong offered him. Strong took the chance, the kid didn't make it. But he's been cleared to play for other programs without the language requirement.

Boom

Did I do it right longhornhere55?
    Leap Day William
    So how many academic casualties are we looking at total for strong's frantastic 2015 class?

I'd love to get a reranking taking into account the players that didn't make it to campus.

That is how fran would occasionally beat mack at recruiting. He would take a bunch of grade risks to puff up the class's rating.
    LostInLA07
    AG
    He doesn't need a release. All he needs is for sip to process his application. Since he doesn't meet admission criteria, his application should be denied (in fact, the sips have no other alternative). They are intentionally sitting on it until the last possible moment.
    wbt5845
    AG
    To verify I am not being biased, I'll iften try to turn these things around:

Assume it's an A&M recruit who failed to qualify academically and Sumlinviproom was sitting on his LOI to prevent him from going elsewhere. How would I react?

I WOULD BE PISSED! Most normal people would be. I cannot imagine a scenario where I would think Sumlin is doing the right thing.
    StephenvilleAg77
    quote:
    So how many academic casualties are we looking at total for strong's frantastic 2015 class?

In addition to Lampkin, there's Gilbert, Clarington, and Ronnie Major who still haven't been admitted by utex yet. The sips think Major will get in. Clarington has a clearinghouse issue, reportedly it's a suspicious ACT score. Last I heard, Gilbert has basically disappeared.
      quote:
      I'd love to get a reranking taking into account the players that didn't make it to campus.

If the sips don't get Clarington, Gilbert, and Lampkin in, they likely drop to 15th or 16th in the national rankings of the 2015 recruiting classes.
      13 0 Branding Iron
      AG
      quote:
      He cannot qualify for admission into tu. He did not break the contract. Impossibility of performance.

He was a risk of not being able to attend tu when Strong offered him. Strong took the chance, the kid didn't make it. But he's been cleared to play for other programs without the language requirement.

At this point do not contractual requests for impossible performance and or court ordered/barred or statutorily barred actions constitute their own breach of contract and open them up to Deceptive Trade Practices/treble damages?
      PCC_80
      AG
      I think that this is going to backfire on Chollie on multiple levels. Texas High School Coaches will take note of how Chollie treated a prize recruit that did not qualify and will guide their highly ranked players in other directions. Chollie and his assistants may not even be welcome at some high schools. Other College Coaches recruiting in Texas will make sure that any recruits that they are interested in know how Chollie treated Lampkin. Finally, Lampkin will eventually play D1 Ball somewhere, most likely at OU. I think that if I were Lampkin and Chollie and the sips had cost me a year of eligibility I would be Super Motivated to meet the sips in the Cotton Bowl every October. I would make sure that I did everything in my power to inflict as much injury and damage on the opposing sip players that I could. Chollie is making a big mistake on many levels.
      LostInLA07
      AG
      And let's not forget that, by delaying the inevitable, #DumbassStrong is wasting a scholarship he could use to bring in his grey shirt QB. I guess it's not like the sips need any additional competition at QB though.
      Predmid
      AG
      quote:
      Strong did exactly what was best for the kid.

Explain how attending junior college rather than a 4 year university is exactly what's best for a kid?

ESPECIALLY when the incentives to sign the contract to play for Texas were based upon a complete lie regarding the future coaching staff?

He did learn a lesson. Never sign a deal with liars and cheats. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
      NoneGiven
      AG
      longhornhere55 wasn't rejected from Texas, he was taught a lesson.
      longhornhere55
      quote:
      quote:
      Even if a court could get involved, what are the chances that it would be dealt with in a timely manner? The damage is done.

Unfortunately, he seems pretty screwed in the near future. But if he finds the right lawyer, surely there's a way he can sue them for $$$
      Oh yea, suing because you weren't allowed to break your legally binding contract.

Big Bucks! Big Bucks!
      The Collective
      AG
      What consideration is Lampkin receiving?
      aginlakeway
      AG
      quote:
      quote:

In addition to Lampkin, there's Gilbert, Clarington, and Ronnie Major who still haven't been admitted by utex yet. The sips think Major will get in. Clarington has a clearinghouse issue, reportedly it's a suspicious ACT score. Last I heard, Gilbert has basically disappeared.
      quote:

If the sips don't get Clarington, Gilbert, and Lampkin in, they likely drop to 15th or 16th in the national rankings of the 2015 recruiting classes.
      But some sips still think they had a higher ranked recruiting class than we did? Really?
      NoneGiven
      AG
      quote:
      quote:
      quote:
      Even if a court could get involved, what are the chances that it would be dealt with in a timely manner? The damage is done.

Unfortunately, he seems pretty screwed in the near future. But if he finds the right lawyer, surely there's a way he can sue them for $$$
      Oh yea, suing because you weren't allowed to break your legally binding contract.

Big Bucks! Big Bucks!
      I see you have decided to ignore aggiehawg's "Boom"

That or you are failing at reading comprehension again.
      HTownAg98
      quote:
      quote:
      quote:

Big Bucks! Big Bucks!

Considering that "your" school has demonstrated a pattern of letting in students that weren't qualified, I'm guessing they should just let Lampkin in, right?

They must have some standards though, because they didn't let your dumbass in.
      Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
      See Subscription Benefits
      Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.