The dichotomy of Geoff Ketchum and the rivals network

13,713 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by the Ambassador
Fremont
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
If there was some linear regression model like

W = 2.1 *S + 1.7 with a r2=.86

W= Wins & S = Star Average

then we could calculate what texas's star average should have been based on the 2010-2013 season results.

I expect that over rankings should start in 2006-2007 time frame, this coincides with 1. Ketch's belief Mack can do no wrong following the 2005 MNC 2. the SECSECSEC talking points go into full gear and Ketch wants to show that texas is outrecruiting UF, LSU, Bama, etc.

Conversely, A&M landed notoriously underranked players like Manziel, Evans, Joeckel, Moore etc. Based on our wins totals from 2010-2013 (with 2011 being an aberration due to horrific conditioning), what should our recruiting average be?

Here it is: http://www.cfbtn.com/2014/09/recruiting-and-performance.html
MikeRoEconomist
AG
quote:

then we could calculate what texas's star average should have been based on the 2010-2013 season results.

I expect that over rankings should start in 2006-2007 time frame, this coincides with 1. Ketch's belief Mack can do no wrong following the 2005 MNC 2. the SECSECSEC talking points go into full gear and Ketch wants to show that texas is outrecruiting UF, LSU, Bama, etc.

Conversely, A&M landed notoriously underranked players like Manziel, Evans, Joeckel, Moore etc. Based on our wins totals from 2010-2013 (with 2011 being an aberration due to horrific conditioning), what should our recruiting average be?

Never thought I'd be able to say "Wins and Losses aren't distributed normally, so you really should use a logit-regression instead" on TA's, but today is my lucky day apparently.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
The Chode of Ethics will pump sunshine. It's the fatass way.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
To answer the OP... the big 12 is no longer "major college football"

Therefore ketch can stick to saying that you can't win major college football with 3 stars....

but you CAN win the big 12.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
quote:

Never thought I'd be able to say "Wins and Losses aren't distributed normally, so you really should use a logit-regression instead" on TA's, but today is my lucky day apparently.

Me am dumbie
Coppell97
AG
DtAg00
AG
Take it to the http://www.footballstudyhall.com/
AnglerAg92
AG
quote:
I put it to you, Ketch - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?

As I kept reading the OP, I began imagining Otter giving his speech!
the Ambassador
AG
quote:
Hey the Ambassador, we are coming to London tomorrow, any place to watch the Aggie game on Saturday night there in merry old England?

Oh yeah, Ketch is in the business of making money, you don't have to tell the truth, you have to pander to your subscribers. Please see all the cable "news" stations.

I don't think the Aggie game is showing anywhere in London. There's a place in Haymarket called Riley's Sports Bar that will show college football, but they are limited to the ESPN Euro feed. I think they'll show Bama vs. Florida in the evening and maybe some other games afterwards by request.

Interesting link regarding the recruiting class analysis.

And yes, I must have been running from Ebola and ended up catching it or something like that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.