Tech students left out

4,817 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Aggie1
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tceh students react to being left out

This **** has never happened, Chea said. Ive gone to every single home game since 2009. I left for a year, then I come back for the first game of my graduate student year, and like what the hell, I cant even get in.
RyanAg08
AG
It's like college applications all over again.
BaileyAg
AG
quote:
zing!
Bitter Old Man
AG
For RyanAg
Bitter Old Man
AG
Well, the Tceh fans were having a Facebook circle-jerk over selling out the stadium season tickets for the first time ever, so I guess thye now see the effects of that....

Maybe they should run down to Ace Hardware and buy some stick on numbers for the bleachers and start selling tickets like normal schools...
AgBQ07
AG
quote:
Corporal Punishment
AG
quote:
yelling, chants, and obscenities could be heard from the 400 to 500 locked out students

Is the writer sure they were outside?
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
How did they actually let the word "****" into their student paper article?
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
it actually says **** in the article. tech gonna tech
The Collective
AG
quote:
During a news conference Friday, Tech Athletics announced the Campaign for Fearless Champions, according to a previous article in The Daily Toreador.

I didn't realize this was a real thing.
WestAustinAg
AG
Spoken like a true millenia:

I think they should either sell less normal tickets or get rid of the student section all together, Madsen said

Mathguy64
AG
So Tceh student tickets are just open seating bleachers? No preassigned ticket/seat? Am I missing something?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Hey, there's another school with a student section nearly 3 times as large with a much better conference schedule. Too bad you couldn't get in though.
AgBQ07
AG
Chea must not have been there during the Leach years, because that's how it worked in 2003-2004. If you didn't camp out in line for hours or sleeping with the Saddle-Tramps, you didn't get in.

I had several "friends" from high school that bragged about being part of the resulting riots on Facebook.
AgBQ07
AG
**** double post
AgBQ07
AG
wtf TexAgs?
MooreTrucker
AG
Correct, mathguy. They come in a specific gate, through turnstiles the keep count, and can sit anywhere in specific sections. No tickets and no assigned seats, just "student sections".
MooreTrucker
AG
AgBQ, I don't remember any such riots, and I've been hear for a long time. The only game I remember selling out was the Texas game of 2008.

The students camped out in "Raiderville" to be the first in line to get in, but I don't recall anyone being turned away back then.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
During a news conference Friday, Tech Athletics announced the Campaign for Fearless Champions, according to a previous article in The Daily Toreador.

I didn't realize this was a real thing.
Yeah, Kliff's big marketing thing is "Fearless Champions" , from the school song.
Token
AG
quote:
How did they actually let the word "****" into their student paper article?
THIS
austinm14
AG
quote:
it actually says **** in the article. tech gonna tech
Tard extremely hard
BadMoonRisin
AG
quote:
Blaze Whites, a senior restaurant, hotel and institutional management major from Port Aransas

Perfect name for a tech student.
wbt5845
AG
Well, you get what you pay for...

lulz
texags08
AG
quote:
quote:
Blaze Whites, a senior restaurant, hotel and institutional management major from Port Aransas

Perfect name for a tech student.

She put her stage name on the application...
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
Correct, mathguy. They come in a specific gate, through turnstiles the keep count, and can sit anywhere in specific sections. No tickets and no assigned seats, just "student sections".

So student seating at tceh is basically like 1980s euro soccer stadium seating where all hell would break loose and people would get killed. That makes all the sense in the world to me now.

And yes, that means that in more than 32 years of going to and watching A&M football games I have never once taken in a game at that crappy dustbowl of a stadium. As a corollary, that means I have never hador been exposed to RaiderRash (tm) whick I feel sure is a good thing.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
This is why you have your students pull tickets throughout the week. The first come first serve thing is the stupidest system imaginable. Here's a good idea: let's have 15,000 inebriated college students line up outside the stadium all day in the 100 degree Texas heat and waste hours of their lives, then all at once plow through the gates, run through the concourses and down a few dozen stairs, and then fight over who got to row 1 seat 8 first.
Falsedawn
AG
quote:
SigAg6
AG
quote:

POTD
2wealfth Man
AG
Arky is going to pound on them like a drunk tech sorority sloot at 2 in the morning. I'll be watching from the ceiling.
chigger
AG
$52 for a sports pass??? Is that right? I think ours was $100 or more 20 years ago...
TechTard
I've heard the athletic department will have a couple of cases of ****** to hand out so the whiny little *****es can wash the sand out of their vaginas, and either continue tailgating, go to a sports bar, or go home.

Of course, they will probably add a $0.14 per semester hour fee to pay for it.
Hood
AG
quote:
quote:

POTD
Looks like it'll be the runner-up. But not a bad showing from the OR board. I do predict we'll take down more than any other board besides Premium.
TexAg75
AG
Not sure if it isstill true,but for many years LSU also had a first-come student section with gates opening 90 minutes prior to kick. Plenty of other schools do the same. Almost everyone except A&M seats students in the endzone.
mikefromdilley
AG
quote:
This year, with record ticket sales, we dont have the amount of seats we
had last year, Blayne Beal, associate director of Tech Athletics, said.
We sold about 7 or 8,000 more season tickets this year than we did
last year. Thats just less room for students.
Man, can you imagine if Cook or Justin Moore made this statement about Kyle Field? The meltdown would be absolutely TREMENDOUS.
Aggie1
AG
quote:
Beal said, but we still encourage students to show up early. Showing up at game time probably doesnt put you in the best position to get a seat.
Maybe this is one solution to getting Ags out of tailgating areas and into Kyle sooner to watch march-in
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.