For those who didnt see it, how bad was the 1995 A&M-Tech game in Lubbock?

8,249 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgCat93
Frankie T
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was at that '95 game sitting in the Tech student section with a big maroon A&M shirt on. Later that night I supposedly stole a keg from a frat party. Just grabbed it ran out the front door apparently. I blame those refs for any actions I did at that time.
Frankie T
quote:
That game was 17 years ago. Who cares?
Also.... I know this is old but 33, you can GFY. The OP just brought more content in the 10 minutes it took him to post that than you have in your 10 years of posting.
AgDotCom
quote:
That game was 17 years ago. Who cares?

My post was made about 6 months after the Tech athletic department uploaded that video to YouTube. Prior to that, there was no distributable video available on the internet to show what an abortion of a game this was.

The controversial 1995 Tech game along with the '89 game had been discussed on this site since its inception. Both debacles were ridiculed and passed off as sour grapes by puff chested Tech fans because there was no video evidence to shove their denial up their ass....until this. This post was relevant due to that.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
The score remains 7-7 until, with under a minute, A&M tries to force passes while deep in their own territory instead of sitting on the ball and accepting a tie with the lowly sand tards. Thomas makes a pick 6 and couches are burned.
They show the video of this pick-6 in the pregame hype video before every Tceh game, as well as in any Zach's Club ad or any other business that Thomas advertises for ever. And the voiceover from it in most football commercials, too. It's their version of The Hit or The Andre Ware Helmet.
Deadwood
AG
We got treated worse than a ketch plate of wings in 89. 95 was nothing compared to that abortion.
jwal
Tech was a despicable team so desperate to beat A&M - that they literally did anything in full association with the referees to ensure that.

There was another game in Lubbock in 1999, where the Aggies trailed 21-19 in the closing minute of the game and completed a pass 30-40 yards to the Tech 10 yard line. Out of nowhere came a late penalty flag and a holding call or the like on Hemuli or one of the Aggie lineman. I don't think he did it and the Raiders cheap win was protected. Sadly they had to forfeit their very slim '96 and '97 wins over the Aggies.

If I recall correctly, Coach Slocum said afterwards that the flag came from the opposite side of the field - meaning the ref made a call from 40-50 yards away OR a LONG WAYS OFF. Never liked Tech again after these incidents.
Killer-K 89
AG
quote:
'89 game was worse.

Jamie Gill clearly fumbled when William Thomas hit him. That was crap. And I think Tceh grad Loyd Dale was the head ref for that game. Go figure.

Loyd was the head ref and a tech grad. He and I were good friends and partners in a land deal once. He was a bigger tu fan than a tech fan though. He never got along at all with Jackie or RC.
Born Maroon
AG
That game crushed my soul. Haven't been to a game in Lubbuttocks since.
Science Denier
AG
So, you pulled a thread posted in 2012 about a game in 1995?

W
T
F
bert harbinson
AG
^ Because we might get matched with them in a bowl.
Andy Farmer
Is this a dog kennel?

Lots of little *****es in here.
AgCat93
AG
quote:
We got treated worse than a ketch plate of wings in 89. 95 was nothing compared to that abortion.

One other thing to remember about the Tceh game in '89 in Lubbutt. One of the teams called time out late in the 4th quarter as Tceh was driving for the game winning score. After the time out, the ref whistled the ball into play before A&M's defense was even on the field, let alone set.

This was also the Whoop Ass game where R.C. gave a rousing pregame speech vowing to open a can of Whoop Ass on Tceh. Next thing you know, the team comes on the field with splotches of red all over their all white uniforms. Never, ever understood that ploy...
Frankie T
quote:
Is this a dog kennel?

Your mama's a dog kennel.
Frankie T
Frankie T
Frankie T
Dock
quote:
won 14-7 by Tech

scoreboard
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
Is this a dog kennel?

Your mama's a dog kennel.
Your face is a dog kennel.
MooreTrucker
Andy Farmer
Damn...why y'all ***gots gangin up on me?

****ed up, Holmes.
tford12
AG
I was at the game. First Aggie Football game I ever saw.....was 5 years old at the time, so I don't really remember much.
I only remember my oldest brother who had just enrolled at A&M being absolutely livid after the game and kind of throwing a fit.
VanZandt92
I don't honestly remember the 89 game. Was that televised back in the day?
AgCat93
AG
quote:
I don't honestly remember the 89 game. Was that televised back in the day?

I don't think it was.

I clearly remember the trip back to campus from Lubbutt and we listened to Cougar High destroy SMU 95-21. The Ags had the Coogs and Andre Ware the next week. That became the Helmet Game.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.