For those who didnt see it, how bad was the 1995 A&M-Tech game in Lubbock?

8,225 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgCat93
AgDotCom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well.....this bad, actually.

1st Zebbie Lethridge "non fumble" that would have given A&M the ball on the Tech 30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=agt60-AsS5E#t=465s

Then, as further evidence of the officials' screw job.....err, I mean "incompetence", we have this alleged punt catch interference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=agt60-AsS5E#t=5171s

Then with 9:52 left to go in the game and the score tied 7-7 we have the 2nd Lethridge "non fumble":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=agt60-AsS5E#t=9379s

Then, on the very next play when Sone Cavasos subs for an injured Lethridge we have what can only be described as the most blatant biased call you'll ever see that cost us 7 points.....a blind high school ref can't miss this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=agt60-AsS5E#t=9484s

The score remains 7-7 until, with under a minute, A&M tries to force passes while deep in their own territory instead of sitting on the ball and accepting a tie with the lowly sand tards. Thomas makes a pick 6 and couches are burned.

I watched it live in '95, and this is the first video I've seen posted that reveals to non-witnesses the utter corn holing we received that day. Hard to believe your eyes unless you want to acknowledge the highest of comedies. Even the TV announcers join in the dumbassery, not knowing the defense CAN advance fumbles in college ball since 1992.

Maybe one of these days someone will post the '89 game in Lubbock, believe it or not it was equally as bad. The officiating crew was suspended after one of these two games, which year I can't remember. Whatever the case, both of these games should be in the W column.

That game was 17 years ago. Who cares?
FNG
'89 game was worse.

Jamie Gill clearly fumbled when William Thomas hit him. That was crap. And I think Tceh grad Loyd Dale was the head ref for that game. Go figure.
dermdoc
AG
I was at both of those.

Both almost surreal but, to me, the '89 game was the worst officiated game I have ever seen.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
e=mc2
AG
And the 95 game is one of the wins Tech agreed they would vacate as part of the largest NCAA scandal in history with over 90 athletes in 11 sports.

Oh well, we got screwed that year and in '87 and '89.

Maybe someday that POS school will get around to setting the record straight w the NCAA.

[This message has been edited by e=mc2 (edited 3/28/2012 7:15a).]
Happy Kuykendahl
SWC officials were even less accountable than Big 12.
one thumb 81
AG
DotCom, I just impressed that you stayed up until 1:30 putting that together
Hood
AG
89 was worse than that? I'm not sure how officials are allowed to keep officiating after calls like that.

That's absolutely horrible.
Caleb Russel`s pass rush
I'd never seen that before, that was insane
Sensei John Kreese
AG
Was at both and everyone was aware the officials blew the calls even without replay in the stadium.
BohunkAg
AG
I was there, but who gives a f-ck....17 years ago.

All I remember is the f-cking stands breaking at the Jones and what a piece of sh-t that place was.
annie88
AG
I was there and have been since 1984.

edit, actually I wasn't there but watched it.

Was amazed at how many times Tech pulled one out of their you-know-where.

On to the SEC boys.

and I went to Lubbock last year and I guess they made more improvements than just the additions cause I didn't think it was that bad, Bo.

Baylor is bad.
Southern Miss was a shyte hole
compared to those, Lubbock is the damn Taj.

[This message has been edited by annie88 (edited 3/28/2012 11:30a).]
Lloyd Christmas
Do you have any stains on your panties?
Classy Gentleman
Sean Jeffrey Babineaux IV
AG
Still waiting.
LonghornLegend
See where Simms got blown up out of bounds and the A&M refs somehow were unable to see the blatent foul after the Bonfire tragedy. That was perhaps the finest example of home cooking ever seen. From the hotel to the referees, Texas got screwed in that game.

I still like the Tech game where you have one of your top administrators bravely swinging his binoculars... but hey not as cool as pulling a sword on a cheer leader at SMU years ago.

As for complaining about living in the 1995 and earlier years, isn't that nearly a requirement for Aggie Football mental health? Oh year, and son't look at Football before jackie Sherrill either.. as that timeframe doesn't count either

[This message has been edited by LonghornLegend (edited 3/28/2012 12:13p).]
RetiredpostalMarine
BohunkAg
AG
I think I boned your old lady before.

[This message has been edited by BohunkAg (edited 3/28/2012 12:27p).]
3rd Platoon
AG
Sone Cavazos is from my hometown and is a family friend. He's a great guy; too bright for Tech. That said, I've asked him about that fumble-non-call, and he won't answer me. He knows that Tech CLEARLY got away with a very, very obvious fumble. It's not as if it were even a close call.
Caleb Russel`s pass rush
quote:
Do you have any stains on your panties?

***** hasn't answered any of my pm's on FUPAmeet.org either
LonghornLegend
guitar boys pappy can put that pictue up as much as he wants. he knows it's not me, but like I always say without a healthy dose of delusion it is very difficult for Agggies like guitarboysdaddy to survive.

Especially when I put up those pesky facts I too would run to put up a picture to distract.

it's a good strategy... works best in elementary school and junior high though... and perhaps at A&M ...
RetiredpostalMarine

I know for a FACT it is you.
e=mc2
AG
Don't care about the fat globs of cow dung on the thread, but those calls are ****ing brutal. Still pisses me off!
Drink Juice, Shelby
AG
Simms tight roped the sideline like a ***** and got popped. Too bad.

Your punt returner shouldn't have let ball graze his shoulder. Pretty obvious on replay.

Poor legend.
vegasaggie
holy **** you are ugly
NoHo Hank
AG

Longhorn legend's tried and true weapon to get his woman from the refrigerator to the bed.
Sensei John Kreese
AG
Who are those two fat tubs of ****?

[This message has been edited by Sensei John Kreese (edited 3/28/2012 10:25p).]
OldArmy1606
personally I think pulling a sword on a smu male cheerleader is pretty awesome. Don't get on our field when you aren't welcome.
Caleb Russel`s pass rush
Tommy, come on dude, he was unarmed, why not just kick the **** out of him
Hood
AG
quote:
"Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a *****! You just drew a sword on an unarmed man!"

"Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate our field with his ****ty existence.
Post removed:
by user
dermdoc
AG
I was there. Typical tech game in Lubbock.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
liner98
AG
This game was lost due to the ugliness of the coaches shirts worn on sidelines that day. LOL!!
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
I was at that game, and had the pleasure of knocking the piss out of some Tceh frat boy in the parking lot after he took a swing at an old Ag and knocked his glasses off his head. That game will always be the biggest screw job I've ever seen. On the last fumble, the same official (the referee) who says it wasn't a fumble and is fourth down throws his beanbag when the play happens. Instinctively, he throws his beanbag to signal the fumble . . . then remembers that the game is in the bag.

Glad we don't have to play at that ****hole anymore. What a ****ing joke those Jawas were.
BohunkAg
AG
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19951013&slug=2146698

quote:
`Corrective Measures' For A&M-Tech Officials
Seattle Times News Services

The Southwest Conference said it had taken "corrective measures" against the officiating crew that worked last weekend's Texas A&M-Texas Tech game.
One controversial call nullified an A&M touchdown in the game, won 14-7 by Tech. Another nullified an A&M fumble recovery.
The SWC issued a brief statement: "The Southwest Conference office has taken corrective measures as a result of errors of judgment and officiating mechanics made by its officiating crew. . . . No further comment will be made regarding the matter."
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.