Sip spin machine starting up about Dodds being scared to play A&M

5,502 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Bozo_Casanova
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
It's widely reported that A&M is trying to get out from UT's shadow.

Widely reported by Chimp Brown.
Mr. Fancy Pants
Disappointing to see 33 buying into the spin. I assumed he was smarter than that. My mistake.
Bonfire, this is Rivalries. Are we basing all of this banter purely on what is officially stated by each university?
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
Who's taking their ball and going home?

Fail. We're not going home. We're taking our ball to a better game. We're trading in a for a newer model. We're moving out on the money grubbing, self-obsessed girlfriend, for a younger, hotter piece of tail.

quote:
You're the ones that are bailing out after the network you approved but never thought would happen ended up coming to fruition.

Fail again Cletus. No one bails to the SEC. Capitalizing on golden opportunities is only "baling out" from the perspective of losers and cowards.

Fancy Pants, I'm not buying into any spin on either side. I'm just stating what others believe.

I've been consistent through this whole ordeal. Each university is acting in its own best interest. There are a whole lot of reasons, excuses and speculation being discussed. At the end of the day, the Aggies need to do what's best for them and the same goes for UT.

There are those on this board that are hyperventilating over every frickin thing that is said and written.

There are too many important things in life to worry about rather than where my university plays its sports.
Muy
AG
We're not calling and texting our sip friends going ape*****over this, but they are doing it to us. Poor little sawed off sips just didn't see this coming. If it wasn't so damn cute it would be sad.
MosesRAB-93
AG
Good bye to texas university,
So long to those afraid to fight...
ChemEAg08
AG
Dont worry in a couple years, after they build back up they'll wanna play... Then after we beat the crap outta them, they'll pull an Lsu - pull out and offer an "equal opponent" (ie texas state)...
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
The entire state would like to see the game, even Ketch and other austin radio guys have stated.

The only reason the game will not be played is because Dodds is a bitter little arrogant control freak who has now been outed as such.

As Aggies, we would like the game, but we're not gonna beg.

But we are going to rub in your tea-sipping faces anytime we want that Dodds is absolutely scared of Texas A&M and the SEC.
MasonStorm
you wanted to step out into the sun, you have.. you canceled the game when you canceled being in the big 12. you wanted away from TX, that has been granted (ask Arky and UH how much their threats have worked on TX sched).

the fact that you want to game is probably the exact reason TX won't play, because its the only spite chip left. There is nothing else they can do (beyond add Rice) to get back at A&M.
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
you canceled the game when you canceled being in the big 12.

Judge
You stupid klanny morons are missing the point. We are willing to preserve the 100 year old rivalry because it's a staple of college football.

But we really don't give a **** if you guys are too scared and want to use this as an excuse to run away. We'll go about our business as if you didn't exist.

[This message has been edited by Judge (edited 9/21/2011 4:32p).]
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
Poooooor phvcking butthurt little sippers.
landman1
quote:
The Big 12 Conference, not any particular school, the Big 12 Conference made a concious decision to limit the exposure of our student athletes to a level that was not market. Another conference, when asked by A&M officials, offered a better exposure level for obviously more money. So we made a deal.

The SEC schools made between $15-18 million last year, a number which gets diluted by the addition of another school. A&M made $20 million in the Big 12 and stood to make that for the forseeable future. Actually, you made a little more than that last year because while Texas and OU turned down the exit fees paid by Nebraska and CU, the ags didn't.

So is this aggie math that $18 million is more than $20 million?

Oh, and the SEC let's their schools seek tier 3 rights just like the Big 12 does as the ags agreed to last year. Georgia and Florida each make about $10 million a year on theirs.

So once you get there, are you going to start screaming about revenue equality again?
Gigem314
AG
quote:

No we didn't. Texas played OU as an OOC rival with no problem. Florida plays Florida State. Clemson plays South Carolina. Georgia plays Georgia Tech. texas is the one canceling the game, we both know that.

quote:
you wanted away from TX, that has been granted

No, we wanted away from the Big 12 and its crappy leadership. Might want to get your facts straight.

quote:
(ask Arky and UH how much their threats have worked on TX sched).

They needed the texas game, we don't. We'd simply like to continue the rivalry, because it's one of the most recognized in all of college sports. We don't have to threaten texas. Because texas is already threatened by the fact that we joined the best conference in America.
Red Five
AG
How many times have Florida and Georgia colluded with ESPN and CBS to drop an SEC conference game to third tier so it can be aired on their network?
DayAg!
S
quote:

Thats fkcin Einstein brilliant right there.

If I had to go through life knowing I was that fckin stupid, I'd have to off myself in the next minute.
Judge
landklan doesn't understand that adding A&M allows the conference to negotiate for more TV money. His entire little whiny afraid-of-Daddy diatribe is rendered completely McKenzie'd by this fact.

Get back to shutting the **** up.
DayAg!
S
quote:
So once you get there, are you going to start screaming about revenue equality again?

Um.. no,I dont recall anyone ever screaming about the revenue. You dumb ****. When will any one of you pin headed, slack jawed, loose ass, idiots ever realize what this is all about.I really didnt think that sips were actually this stupid.

Bette yet, just stop breathing for about 10 minutes and do us all a favor.
landman1
So Red Five you're saying Texas colluded to get the Rice game on the LHN? What, they got ESPN to drop it from prime time on Saturday night to the LHN? That's the only game that's been on so far, so that has to be the collusion your alleging.

Give me a effing break.

Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
We've never made $20M from the Big 12. Ever.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
What, they got ESPN to drop it from prime time on Saturday night to the LHN? That's the only game that's been on so far, so that has to be the collusion your alleging.

Was the Rice game on ESPN last year?
Bonfire1996
AG
I can't wait to bump this thread when A&M gets $25 million+ in 2013. Hell I hear it could be $30 million.
Bonfire1996
AG
And yes, Texas colluded with Beebe and the Big 12-2 media partners to get the Rice game, as well as another conference game, on the LHN. This action caused the rest of the Big 12-2 schools future financial hardship compared to other conferences current media climates.

Hence, we gone
A History Of Violence
AG
Of course A&M is begging.
Why wouldn't the Aggies want a soft team with which to end the season?
Agristotle
AG
It's very simple. Bowtie has already said we will play them anywhere, anytime. But look at it from the chickenhorn perspective. We will be playing in THE best conference and then on Turkey Day kick their butts on national TV! What can they say? "Yea, but we have more money!?" They HAVE to duck us so they can CLAIM superiority, and that is what the chicken horns have always done best, claim superiority.
Red Five
AG
quote:
So Red Five you're saying Texas colluded to get the Rice game on the LHN? What, they got ESPN to drop it from prime time on Saturday night to the LHN? That's the only game that's been on so far, so that has to be the collusion your alleging.

What about the Kansas game? Are you saying that game wouldn't be on FSSW otherwise? "Texas leaves more money on the table to be in a conference than anyone," remember? All those big time dollars you bring in, surely all of your games would be televised. You sips assure us of that constantly. No, that game is on the LHN because ESPN bribed Fox to bypass it with their 2nd tier pick, evidenced here:
quote:
Fox, which holds the Big 12's cable rights, granted LHN a limited waiver to allow ESPN to shift the games from ABC to Longhorn Network this season. A source said Fox agreed to the change when ESPN offered certain selection considerations for college football games, including the possibility of relaxing its broadcast exclusivity and allowing Fox to televise Big 12 football games on its broadcast channel starting in '12.
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2011/07/05/Longhorn.aspx

But by all means, go ahead and tell us some more about ESPN and Texas just playing by the rules and not abusing their relationship at all. ***.
88jrt06
AG
I'm certainly not in the minority when it comes to Aggies willing to continue to play UT-Austin, but do differ from most this way:

NO TO THANKSGIVING...the SEC sched. just won't permit it; we'll likely have another conf game
the week after. Priority #1: SEC wins, and
championships. Late Nov. is for closing the deal, not misty, water-colored old rivalries.

YES TO TEXAS...If, and only if they want...no
pleading. We will play Texas pre- or very early conference. Texas can even make the call, 'cause they're king.

--- Week prior to Red River Shootout ---
--- Week after the Red River Shootout --

Then, they can play their patsy conference games and we can do what Chancellor Sharp said. If Texas does what they've done with
consistency (Dictate!), then GTFO, horns.

Drive a stake through Thanksgiving with Texas
and play an OOC game when it doesn't damage your conference prospects...focus on SEC.

We'll get so into the SEC, Ags, that Texas will quickly become a minor priority. Trust me on that one. They need us, not vice-versa
Jesus Quintana
quote:
NO TO THANKSGIVING...the SEC sched. just won't permit it; we'll likely have another conf game
the week after.

The SEC schedule ends the weekend of Thanksgiving, no teams play games after it (at least this year). SC-Clemson, UGA-Ga Tech and UF-FSU all occur on that weekend. I would not want to play them early in the year, they might want that though just to try to stick it to us.
BaylorBold
ATM should either play Texas or us in the OOS.

Both would be too tough
Wipey
AG
quote:
Why beg us to keep the game?

We'll see who's begging when your shitty strength of schedule and no conference championship game keeps you out of a major bowl game.
Whistling For Flies
I'm glad Texas refuses to play us. I fully expect them to keep refusing, and that's fine by me. I want high school recruits to know that the Dodds, just like most sips, is a pu55y.
texaggie90
AG

[This message has been edited by texaggie90 (edited 9/22/2011 12:02a).]

[This message has been edited by texaggie90 (edited 9/22/2011 12:03a).]
MasonStorm
Only place in Texas for high school recruits to watch A&M will be in college station. Tech and Baylor gain ground on A&M in in state recruiting due to A&M's decreased in state exposure.
dirtyred
GHT27, the sips won't play the Ags pre or post RRS because they don't want to schedule back-to-back losses, if possible.

The root of the issue is that the Ags will be an SEC team and we all know how the SEC teams treat the whorns. The whorns are absolutely shitting themselves over this dilema: Continue playing the Ags and risk getting fisted on national TV every year or duck the Ags but risk the "Scared sips" tag. The whorns are really in a no-win situation created when their egotistical AD painted them into a corner.

Edited to ad: Mason Storm wins "Most Ignorant Post of the Year" award. Wow!

[This message has been edited by dirtyred (edited 9/22/2011 10:35a).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.