Real Estate
Sponsored by

Who is buying these freaking bcs rentals?

9,068 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JSKolache
jac4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Brand spanking new complex on Holleman in between N Dowling and 2818 has signs that say "Immediate move in available." I guess with enrollment at 59K at TAMU, there is still money to be made in student housing.

Frisco - Ag
AG
quote:
This town is on crazy pills. I paid $215k for my house 9 years ago. I could sell it in 24 hours for $270k...but where would I move? Bubble has got to pop in the next two years.
That increase in really nothing
bqce
AG
I wouldn't call it nothing, but it's not unprecedented.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:

Brand spanking new complex on Holleman in between N Dowling and 2818 has signs that say "Immediate move in available." I guess with enrollment at 59K at TAMU, there is still money to be made in student housing.

At least 4 new complexes have just opened in the 2818 and Dowling area. Traffic is now completely gridlocked at the rush hours. Absolutely NO infrastructure was added to accommodate these hundreds and hundreds of new apts. There are more on the way on Holleman just a few yards down towards the Barracks .
The county and the city needs to step up QUICK with a plan to add roads and traffic control to this booming area.
jac4
AG
quote:
quote:

At least 4 new complexes have just opened in the 2818 and Dowling area. Traffic is now completely gridlocked at the rush hours. Absolutely NO infrastructure was added to accommodate these hundreds and hundreds of new apts. There are more on the way on Holleman just a few yards down towards the Barracks .
The county and the city needs to step up QUICK with a plan to add roads and traffic control to this booming area.

You're telling me. I drive that stretch multiple times per week taking my kids to school. Dropping the kids off at school takes 15 minutes longer now than it did 2 weeks ago before TAMU was in session. First world problem for sure

SECeded
SECeded
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is primarily a TXDOT issue from my perspective. 2818 from the bypass in CSTX to at least the airport (but eventually all the way back to 2818/6 north of Bryan) needs controlled access feeder roads just like Highway 6 to keep 2818 moving at all times. I don't see that happening anytime soon but all other solutions are band-aids.
I'm talking more about Dowling and Holleman. This intersection is totally shut down in the morning and afternoon now. Hundreds of new apts opened this month without any improvement in an already horrible intersection. Its even effecting Rock Prairie now as a lot of Dowling traffic is trying to head to RP in order to bypass Dowling/Holleman.
SECeded
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm talking more about Dowling and Holleman. This intersection is totally shut down in the morning and afternoon now. Hundreds of new apts opened this month without any improvement in an already horrible intersection. Its even effecting Rock Prairie now as a lot of Dowling traffic is trying to head to RP in order to bypass Dowling/Holleman.
Gotcha. I'm reasonably sure CSTX has competent staff people available to try to fix those problems (at least they seem competent when encountered at activities around town and reluctantly roped into talking about their job) but I have no idea where that intersection fits on their priority list with the finite number of city dollars for such projects.
the city limits runs down Dolwling. only half of that intersection is in the city MEANING that they will have to actually cooperate with the county !
No hope whatsoever for any help now....
scrap
AG
Good deals can still be found in BCS. Have a friend closing on two duplexes on Thursday. Average cost of each duplex $110k and each expected to bring $1400-1500 monthly. I just closed this week on a 4 plex expected to cash flow $2800/month within a year....property bought for less than $150k. Just gotta keep your ears and eyes open and network, network, network. Lastly when a good deal comes along, act don't hesitate or you will lose.
scrap
AG
quote:
quote:
This town is on crazy pills. I paid $215k for my house 9 years ago. I could sell it in 24 hours for $270k...but where would I move? Bubble has got to pop in the next two years.
That increase in really nothing
Yeah it is not NOTHING, even an Aggie can see that, but it is less than 2.8% per year......yawn.
JSKolache
AG
REITS & Russians are buying it
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.