Barker article

1,655 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by greg.w.h
AggieSports
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/womens_basketball/cessna-barker-would-be-missed-but-a-m-cant-miss-out-on-getting-better/article_b9e71d52-f77f-11ee-a1e5-57d16152af5b.html

Cessna nails it!!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Tough to read, but true. I really admired Janiah and thought she had/has so much potential. Something just wasn't clicking here for her. Do I think she could have pushed thru and become the star we know she can be? Yes. Is that the mentality these days for most? Sadly, no.

Unfortunately, we don't know what's going on behind closed doors. Maybe the coaches believe Janiah, although immensely talented, was distracted or becoming a distraction. AC, Lauren, and Endiya were all business. Focused, driven, top notch work ethic, etc. Coach Joni even stated that she loves the fact that AC can show Janiah her work ethic. Barker seemed to be there for fun, for the show, bc she knows she will ultimately be drafted. What is more unbelievable is that she knows Joni is tied into USA basketball and that her husband is connected in the WNBA. Why knowingly walk away from that? Head scratcher.
aggieFann
I think that was a very honest article. On paper Barker was the best player on the team but often times in games, she didn't play like the best player. I hate to compare the two years since she was injured mostly her freshman year but she didn't really improve from 1st to 2nd year in my opinion. However, she is talented nonetheless and it will be interesting to see how to replace her since It seems that she was also a big recruiter for other players.
greg.w.h
AG
Janiah threw herself off the island. Is what it is.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.