Final Four

3,573 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by happy days
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They will be the darlings for one more game. Give them their time. UCONN has had plenty.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Hand Of God
AG
I'll be pulling for Dawn's SC on Sunday.

Call me crazy, but I don't particularly enjoy Clark's demeanor. Hell of a ball player but a little too whiny for my liking. Sorta like Mulkey. Hell of a ball coach but poor temperament.
AggieEyes
AG
You have two options regarding the outcome of the game....

1. That's a 100% a moving screen and a foul. Paige Bueckers is about to blow the doors of Stuelke and score to give UCONN the lead and most likely the win.

2. Call the obvious foul. Sucks it had to end like that but it's the correct call.

Similar to how we still ***** about Donald Sloan being mobbed by UCLA with a no call.

The correct call was made and the team who ultimately deserved to win did.

Great game!
basic8
Moving screen is a moving screen; time in game does not matter. Good grief. Player did decide the game, just not the one some wanted. Especially University of espn conn mouthpiece van pelt.
Hand Of God
AG
If you think ESPN wanted UConn to win this game you haven't been paying attention.
AggieSports
AG
That call at the end was a tough one and could've gone either way. I felt bad for Uconn but glad to see Iowa come out on top. UConn will be back in the mix again next year like they usually always are. I've loved watching Caitlin play and don't know if there will be another college player like her anytime soon if ever. I know I've never seen anything like her in all the years I've been watching the game. The rematch with SC should be a good one, but not sure if anyone can take down Dawn's team this year. Just so talented and deep.
AggieSports
AG

It definitely looks like a foul from this angle especially with the lower body view. Watched the Uconn presser and Paige gave a very mature answer when asked about the call. She said that one call doesn't win or lose a game, and that she felt like there were a lot of plays they and she could've made throughout the game to not have even been in that situation to leave it up to chance at the end. Lots of respect for her. She's overcome a lot with injuries and has obviously grown/matured in the process.
safety guy
AG
When I first saw it live, I thought it was a work by the refs to get Iowa in the finals. But it was definitely a moving pick. The Iowa player sold it but it was the right call. But 2 plays uconn had that could have won the game for them that they messed up were calling the timeout under 10 seconds when they were advancing. Dont let Iowa get their defense set. That's how we beat Stanford in 11. Then uconn fell asleep on Clark's second free throw with 3 seconds left. If they get the rebound and call time out, they get the ball in the front court with over 2 seconds left down by 2.
themissinglink
AG
I mean, I'm sure the higher ups at ESPN are happy about the ratings bump for the final, but let's not act like a network based in Bristol, Connecticut with half a dozen former UConn players on the call or in studio during the game isn't going to have a UConn bias.
Hand Of God
AG
The Huskies don't stay down for long.
Southlake
It was just a moving screen or pick - that happens all the time. This was egregious . The call had to be made.
aggiedrjdub
AG
In other news, I will now be team Iowa on Monday night. Disregard my previous SEC SEC statement.
aggiebrad94
AG
Hand Of God said:

I'll be pulling for Dawn's SC on Sunday.

Call me crazy, but I don't particularly enjoy Clark's demeanor. Hell of a ball player but a little too whiny for my liking. Sorta like Mulkey. Hell of a ball coach but poor temperament.

I'll call you crazy. Clark is an amazing competitor. Has Staley apologized to BYU yet? I will never root for that race baiter.
aggiedrjdub
AG
No and she just went on record that she supports allowing transgender players into women's basketball. Women's sports - 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.
Gap
AG
Gap said:

Ridiculous game deciding call by the refs in favor of Iowa.

I wanted to go on record as changing my opinion on that call from Friday night. Seeing all the other angles that completely show the screener's lower body and elbows etc, it was most definetely a foul and probably not a hard call at all for the ref. The TV broadcast angle did us no favors in fully understanding it.
happy days
Agree with the missing link. i thought the talking heads were all biased for UConn. The coverage of the block was the worst. Censorship by omission. Van Pelt must have worked for the Biden campaign. My apologies for bringing politics into this, but there is no way an unbiased commentator can see that play or the subsequent video and claim that the official should not have made the call.;
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.