Other SEC tourney games

3,823 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Rudybryan
Kbeauty63
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LSU is stomping Auburn (Auburn only scored 5 in the 1st quarter). Currently 71 -37 with over 6 minutes left in the game
Kbeauty63
AG
LSU wins by 30 points. Florida & Ole Miss are neck & neck with less than 2 minutes left
Gap
AG
Semis on Saturday:

South Carolina vs Tennessee
LSU vs Ole Miss
AggieSports
AG
After SC dominated the early part of the game, Tenn has cut the SC lead to 2 with 4:27 left in the game. Will #1 go down?
AggieSports
AG
Tied at 71 under a minute
Craigy
Terrible D idea Tenn
Gap
AG
Thru 4 years, Cardoso was 0-1 shooting 3's for her career.
AggieSports
AG
Unbelievable finish to SC/Tenn game. 6'7" Cordosa who has never hit a 3, banked 1 in as time expired to give SC a 1 pt win. You don't give any player an open look from 3 with a 2 pt lead. Players shoot those shots in practice all the time. Any player can make a shot 1 time. Very poor defense by Tenn. Total gut-punch for Tenn after coming back from a 23 point deficit.
BQ_90
AG
Both benches just tossed in LSU SC game, they are opting out,who's,left to play
Gap
AG
Now we get to talk about a huge brawl instead of basketball. Really a negative mark on the LSU and South Carolina programs.

When the in your face aggression goes to this type of fight, it is a step way too far.
emoney
AG
This South Carolina/LSU game is crazy. A fight broke out that resulted in Cardoso, the entire bench of LSU and South Carolina minus one who didn't leave the bench ejected from the game with 2 minutes left in the game. SC is up 73-66.
BQ_90
AG
They are saying players came off bench will be eligible for first game in ncaas]
Gap
AG
Neither of these teams will play anyone who can beat them in the first round no matter how many players they have available.
Cedar09
The first round of the tournament South Carolina will have 6 total players and lsu will have 5
Leeman
Cedar09 said:

The first round of the tournament South Carolina will have 6 total players and lsu will have 5
Apparently not true. Only fighting penalty will do that.
BQ_90
AG
Cedar09 said:

No they won't, they clarified it, only 3 players I think will be out
magnolia tiger
Only player from either team ineligible for game 1 is Cardosa.
slatermikan
Almost had multiple fans on the court as well. Pretty quick security response in this one.
fitzwatema
AG
That was one crazy sequence there, 20 minute delay reviewing . Then toss Cardoso as well as sending both benches to the locker room for leaving the bench area! Definitely not a good look for those two programs.
eATMup-Reveille
Is ANYONE surprised that a Mulkey led team is involved in this?! She's a POS!!
aggiedrjdub
AG
I think she just gets worse the older she gets. Does she win? Yes, but the way her team plays is bully ball. I was watching the game yesterday thinking how crazy both teams were playing. I cannot believe how sketchy Angel Reese was playing. Swinging elbows, pulling hair, etc. I'm not saying it wasn't coming from both sides, but she certainly seemed to be initiating it.
WBBALLFAN84
Go check out Mulkey's post game press conference.
Kbeauty63
AG
WBBALLFAN84 said:

I saw the snippet on ESPN - basically whining that Cardosa should pick on someone more her size... WTF? And then she said she should have done it to Angel Reese...

At least Dawn Staley apologized to the Bball fans
Houstonag
AG
Mulkey lost control last year. With all her antics and the people she recruits makes them entitled.
trackaggie76
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I think she just gets worse the older she gets. Does she win? Yes, but the way her team plays is bully ball. I was watching the game yesterday thinking how crazy both teams were playing. I cannot believe how sketchy Angel Reese was playing. Swinging elbows, pulling hair, etc. I'm not saying it wasn't coming from both sides, but she certainly seemed to be initiating it.
I know she wins games but I am so thankful she didn't end up here!
WBBALLFAN84
There are lots of ways I can comment on this entire situation. Where I landed is the famous quote from Remember the Titans by Julius: "Attitude reflects leadership". This can't be more evident when you juxtapose the comments of Staley and Mulkey in post game press conferences.
justnobody79
Kbeauty63 said:

WBBALLFAN84 said:

I saw the snippet on ESPN - basically whining that Cardosa should pick on someone more her size... WTF? And then she said she should have done it to Angel Reese...

I'm a fan of neither team and neither coach, but Staley is worse than Mulkey off the court with her victimhood and political games. If you believe her apology was sincere and not playing politics then I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. They are both trashy coaches that recruit trashy players.
Kbeauty63
AG
justnobody79 said:

Kbeauty63 said:

WBBALLFAN84 said:

I'm a fan of neither team and neither coach, but Staley is worse than Mulkey off the court with her victimhood and political games. If you believe her apology was sincere and not playing politics then I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. They are both trashy coaches that recruit trashy players.
Oh I'm not a fan of either myself. And agree with your assessment of Staley's apology. HOWEVER - she at least MADE one, unlike Mulkey who just whined....
Bucketrunner
Mulkey has a total lack of self awareness
frenchtoast
Swamp witch gonna swamp witch
BQ_90
AG
i hope the ncaa puts them in same bracket, the rematch could be fun
magnolia tiger
You can almost guarantee they'll be on different sides. They want a final 4 or champ game matchup. For ratings they'll want Iowa in there as well.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I'm not sure I agree about Dawn Staley. She does have some instances where she clamors on about equality etc, but I can kind of see her growing in maturity as a coach as the years pass by. She immediately apologized for what happened; said it would be addressed internally, and from what I can tell did not throw gasoline on an already explosive situation. She gave props to the LSU player for apologizing to her. Mulkey did the exact opposite. In fact, she has amplified the situation and made it worse with her post game comments. Her team is a mirror image of who she is as a coach. Tough and dirty. Angel Reese is one of the dirtiest players I've seen in a very long time. Not saying Kamilla is innocent but she took a lot of hostile non called fouls before that transpired.

BQ_90
AG
magnolia tiger said:

You can almost guarantee they'll be on different sides. They want a final 4 or champ game matchup. For ratings they'll want Iowa in there as well.
i bet they do not want that as potential finals game, they don't wanna fight to break out in the title game.

And they'll try to get Iowa in the finals, can see LSU and USC meeting in FF, with Iowa in the other bracket
magnolia tiger
Maybe so, I'll take a LSU vs SC matchup in the final 4. Has been one of the better matchups of the year and both teams should be a full strength if that time comes.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.