Business & Investing
Sponsored by

New Residential or Commercial Developments in the Houston area ?

1,352 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by fullback44
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm trying to help a friend out in the Houston and surrounding area that recently got into sales. He was previously a 24 year HS defensive and special teams football coach so just helping him out a if I can.

He basically sells outside fancy LED pole lighting, custom street signs, park benches, large group mailboxes, and other stuff related to commercial and residential development projects. Is there a developers association or some type of published project listing he could go to? I know the city of Houston used to have a bid room but it's been 20 years since I sold into a similar market. Any help would be appreciated, just trying to help an old ball coach out. His company is not in Houston so he just getting started, kind of like just through him to the wolves. The company he works for is an established 45 year old company in north Texas and Tampa Florida area
agnerd
AG
I see advertisements for products like that in American Public Works Association magazines and Association of Water Board Directors.
fullback44
AG
agnerd said:

I see advertisements for products like that in American Public Works Association magazines and Association of Water Board Directors.

I will pass this along .. thanks
NoahAg
GHBA maybe?

From your description it may be worthwhile if he knocks on the doors of HOA management companies. Things like benches, signage, decorative lighting, etc. break all the time, and in neighborhoods with HOAs it is typically the HOA management company that coordinates those repairs/replacements.
fullback44
AG
Dam .. good advice also I'll pass this along as well
swimmerbabe11
landscape architects and land developers as well
lc2012
AG
Have him check Civcastusa.com

Many new residential developments publicly advertise their projects on CivCast. He'll have to sift through the projects to find the final landscaping and appurtenances projects that fit his products but they come up all the time. He can call on the plan holders list.
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Have him join AWBD and go to the summer conference. Needs to get in with operators, engineers, etc. for MUDs…tons of work in the industry.
OnlyForNow
AG
Best advice so far
fullback44
AG
lc2012 said:

Have him check Civcastusa.com

Many new residential developments publicly advertise their projects on CivCast. He'll have to sift through the projects to find the final landscaping and appurtenances projects that fit his products but they come up all the time. He can call on the plan holders list.
Dam.. looked at CIVcastUSA … talk about making it easy… he's gonna owe you more than a few meals, plenty of projects where they can bid on come of there stuff…plus just meeting the contacts

LMAO.. the world we live in today

This site will open plenty of doors .. Thanks for the advice,
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
There are a few large plan sites like that. I'd also recommend ConstructConnect.
fullback44
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

There are a few large plan sites like that. I'd also recommend ConstructConnect.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.