Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Legal EASE as a benefit option

963 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Wonderer
drewbie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As a benefit, my company offers the option of signing up for Legal EASE. It is a discounted network of attorneys that offer plenty of services (adoption, custody, divorce, wills, etc.). I'm primarily interested in setting up wills, power of attorney, etc. Many of the other benefits are a specific amount of hours (between 5-10 hrs free) and then a 25% discount for each additional hour. I would only sign up for it for 1 year, do the wills, and then cancel the next. The fee is between $14-17/month. Anyone ever heard of them or used them? I googled and could not find much. Thanks!
dmart90
AG
Never heard of them, but as a point of reference, in 2010 I paid almost $700 to an attorney for wills, to set up a trust, and to create medical power of attorney documents. I have no doubt it is more now. My only concern with a service is how much they would be willing to customize things for you. At price, I'm guessing you are getting a one size fits all service...
Casey TableTennis
AG
quote:
As a benefit, my company offers the option of signing up for Legal EASE. It is a discounted network of attorneys that offer plenty of services (adoption, custody, divorce, wills, etc.). I'm primarily interested in setting up wills, power of attorney, etc. Many of the other benefits are a specific amount of hours (between 5-10 hrs free) and then a 25% discount for each additional hour. I would only sign up for it for 1 year, do the wills, and then cancel the next. The fee is between $14-17/month. Anyone ever heard of them or used them? I googled and could not find much. Thanks!
I'm a financial planner and often have clients want to use these because they are cheap. While these are better than nothing, I wouldn't consider them a substitute for hiring your on attorney on estate planning. You are generally getting someone very hungry for business and looking to do the work as efficient as possible (for their benefit). If it gets something in place, that is better than no action. If you are looking for properly considered docs, look for a qualified young estate planning attorney that can do work cheaper than an average attorney in your area.
The Wonderer
AG
I had a friend that had this through his employer. Let's just say that he routinely came to me to look over everything that the discount attorney did and changes were routinely made to make the documents fit my friend's needs instead of just being a template.

Hire an attorney that you like that works in estate planning. For just wills and POAs for a couple with no kids, you'll most likely be between $600-$900 depending on complexity of the estate. Price goes up with trust, kids, etc...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.