***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,375,832 Views | 28059 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Mr.Bond
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
linkdude said:

The Porkchop Express said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Really don't get why y'all are mad about that tweet. It's factually true. And relevant
I'm not mad at all. I'm pointing out that Chandler is an idiot who either doesn't know baseball or can't write a sentence.

It's like saying no NFL team dating back to 1920 that started off 0-4 has ever won the Super Bowl.
IMO it's pretty clear he's making a narrative connection between how this team and the 05 team started. That would be a really good season if it turned out to be accurate.
"The last team to start 15-25 and make the playoffs was the 2005 Astros".

See how easy that was?
astros4545
AG
Our announcer for tomorrows game

Farmer1906
AG
I haven't listened to a ton of her, but what I have, it's been perfectly fine.
Strategy
AG
Wishful Thinking Lineup Check:

Dubon 3B
Altuve 2B
Peña SS
Tucker RF
Alverez DH
Diaz C
Luperfido CF
Singleton 1B
Meyers LF

Bench

Bregman
Kissinger
McCormick

AggiEE
Harry Dunne said:

linkdude said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Really don't get why y'all are mad about that tweet. It's factually true. And relevant
I'm not mad at all. I'm pointing out that Chandler is an idiot who either doesn't know baseball or can't write a sentence.

It's like saying no NFL team dating back to 1920 that started off 0-4 has ever won the Super Bowl.
IMO it's pretty clear he's making a narrative connection between how this team and the 05 team started. That would be a really good season if it turned out to be accurate.

See how easy that was?

Haven't seen you in this thread for a while, you back to posting or were you banned?
W
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Shocking.

I could have sworn a bunch of people literally saw how slow his bat was.

It's not his bat that's slow. It's his reaction time.
yes, a "late" bat is also a slow bat
Silent For Too Long
texasaggie2015 said:

I've never really understood the Chandler Rome hate on here. He can be a little sarcastic and negative at times (as can most of our fanbase) but I think he really loves this team and loves covering them.
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah I know Chandler and he's a good dude so maybe that's why some of the hate bugs me. Who knows. I just don't see a problem with it at all and you really have to reach to come to the "he hates the Astros" conclusion.
The Porkchop Express
texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah I know Chandler and he's a good dude so maybe that's why some of the hate bugs me. Who knows. I just don't see a problem with it at all and you really have to reach to come to the "he hates the Astros" conclusion.
Just for the record, I don't hate Chandler at all, nor do I hate anyone who has anything to do with the Astros. I just think he's bad at his job. My guy Rajan writes circles around him. But it's just one sad old man's opinion, so no need to get upset about it. As my wife found out long ago, it's far easier to just ignore me when say something stupid than to try to convince me otherwise.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
MaxPower
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Dana was thrilled they were able to sign him.
ketch who is this?
Not sure why you call him ketch but he was referring to Chase Jaworsky from last year's draft.
All I do is Nguyen
We absolutely have a chance to sweep here. Seems like, besides Javi giving up ALL of the runs, our offense may be finding itself at the right time.

Just need the pitching to be on point and we will be okay.
Harry Dunne
AggiEE said:

Harry Dunne said:

linkdude said:

texasaggie2015 said:

See how easy that was?

Haven't seen you in this thread for a while, you back to posting or were you banned?
Not banned, just got busy and haven't posted much. Thanks for noticing.
All I do is Nguyen
Also this:

Harry Dunne
texasaggie2015 said:

Its good to know he's a good dude and I'm sorry to insult your friend.

I just don't like his style and I'll leave it at that. I have some LSU folks in my extended family and they feel the same…and we don't agree on a lot!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
MaxPower said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

ketch who is this?
Not sure why you call him ketch but he was referring to Chase Jaworsky from last year's draft.
we've all been calling him that with his Astros scoops for the better part of a year.

And I figured he was a recent draft but hadn't heard him mention that name. So aside from Woodpecker SS who just hit two tanks I don't know much more.
texasaggie2015
AG
Haha. I wouldn't call him a friend as much as an acquaintance. You don't owe an apology- it's just one of those things I've been trying to understand for a while now.
linkdude
AG
Pahdz
Cocaines a helluva drug
AustinCountyAg
MaxPower said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

ketch who is this?

It is because he knows things before everyone else. an insiders insider you might say
Buck Compton
AG
linkdude said:

This is the equivalent of getting over your driver on the tee box and waggling 10 times. Awful
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MaxPower
Not really anything noteworthy, other than him saying JV and Pressly prefer to stay in Houston (they have no trade clauses).
Hulla Baller
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Also this:

Whatever it takes
txags92
AG
Hulla Baller said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Also this:

Whatever it takes
With those two hitting over .300, we need Bregman to go sit with them and make it a throuple. A slump buster is a slump buster...
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MaxPower said:

Not really anything noteworthy, other than him saying JV and Pressly prefer to stay in Houston (they have no trade clauses).
JV preferred to stay in NY last year until he didn't.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

MaxPower said:

JV preferred to stay in NY last year until he didn't.

I think we were his only option so it helped us get him. He wasn't willing to go elsewhere.
TRM
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
JV would absolutely prefer to stay in Houston. I think Pressly would be open to it depending on the situation.
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

JV would absolutely prefer to stay in Houston. I think Pressly would be open to it depending on the situation.

I think he likes it here but maybe he wants to be the guy somewhere else.
txags92
AG
Farmer1906 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I think he likes it here but maybe he wants to be the guy somewhere else.
I think Pressly liked it alot more here before he got demoted to pitching the 8th in favor of Hader as the closer. If he could go to a contender and be the closer, I bet he would jump at the chance. But he would rather be the closer here.
texasaggie2015
AG
At the end of the day- I think everyone would prefer to stay. That means things are going well.

If things take a turn, there's guys who would like an opportunity elsewhere. And if things go south and Pressly can close games for a contending team, he would be open to a move.
tjack16
AG

Better than the first one at least
Mr.Bond
AG
tjack16 said:

A pair of undies with a **** stain would be better than the "Los Dodgers" bull ****
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MaxPower

If this happened to Angel Hernandez, could it increase his ball-strike accuracy?
Bulldog73
AG
tjack16 said:

I hate the dodgers, and I have no fashion sense, but I like it.
First Page Last Page
Page 552 of 802

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.