Best catch of the year?

4,689 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Anchor
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Dyson's catch tonight may be the best of them all. Hamiltoni's was just pure speed. Dyson"s is ridiculously hard

Wish I knew how to post it

I love the speed, though.

That kind of speed is beyond "hard."

It's an impossible catch for 99.9% of the league. They literally can't make that catch, they can't get there.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Umm, that dude dove halfway over the wall to rob a homerun, not stand on a cement wall and catch a foul ball.

He dove over a wall? You're being way over dramatic there.
Reading comprehension?
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Umm, that dude dove halfway over the wall to rob a homerun, not stand on a cement wall and catch a foul ball.

Reading comprehension?

Saying he dove half way over the wall is still over dramatic. The catch was made as he got to the wall.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Reading comprehension?

Saying he dove half way over the wall is still over dramatic. The catch was made as he got to the wall.
Look dude, I'm sorry I implied a catch was better than your cubbies, but watch the video. He is halfway over the wall, by definition. LITERALLY halfway over the wall.
TXAggie2011
AG
He jumped, made the catch, then his momentum took him into the wall.

It was a great catch, but I do think its a bit much to say he dove halfway over the wall. He mostly fell into and over the wall.
The Lost
quote:
quote:
Dyson's catch tonight may be the best of them all. Hamiltoni's was just pure speed. Dyson"s is ridiculously hard

It's an impossible catch for 99.9% of the league. They literally can't make that catch, they can't get there.

Agree with this. Dyson slowed down to just time jumping on the wall. Hamilton was full sore full extension. Half the league starters could make dysons catch, no one else gets the ball billy caught.
The Anchor
AG
quote:
He jumped, made the catch, then his momentum took him into the wall.

It was a great catch, but I do think its a bit much to say he dove halfway over the wall. He mostly fell into and over the wall.
And for goodness sake he didn't rob a homerun. If he didn't touch the ball it would have landed in play. I'm getting tired of announcers and sports anchors saying they robbed a homerun when the ball would have landed in play.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Reading comprehension?

Look dude, I'm sorry I implied a catch was better than your cubbies, but watch the video. He is halfway over the wall, by definition. LITERALLY halfway over the wall.
Pretty sure you geniuses are talking about different catches.
Represent830
AG
Think we have a new winner.... and it was made by a pitcher...

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/198610130/zach-mcallister-makes-kick-save-to-catch-liner/
Ag_07
AG
No.

There's way more skill involved in all the previous nominees.
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Agree with this. Dyson slowed down to just time jumping on the wall. Hamilton was full sore full extension. Half the league starters could make dysons catch, no one else gets the ball billy caught.
half the league could not have even gotten close because they don't have the speed to get there. Dyson is one of the fastest players in the MLB today.
The Lost
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

half the league could not have even gotten close because they don't have the speed to get there. Dyson is one of the fastest players in the MLB today.

One of those moments I wish stat cast had publicly available data... Would be fun to look at his speed on that play to confirm/deny each others theory.
The Anchor
AG
quote:
Think we have a new winner.... and it was made by a pitcher...

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/198610130/zach-mcallister-makes-kick-save-to-catch-liner/

That's awesome.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.