Astros 2015 improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series UPDATED OP WARNING

3,085,988 Views | 31862 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mazag08
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Hinch is playing the odds, but Fields looked really good out there. I would have left him in.

If we end up chiting the bed this year it'll be from playing the odds. They will live and die by these statistics. At some point you have to just roll with who's hot. Fields has been on fire lately and should've never been pulled.

And I don't blame Preston. It was a either a bomb or an game ending out. Now if it was a gapper and we needed him to bust out of the box and he stood there and watched it then I'd be pissed.
pnsagdad
When you have 11 hits and only score 4 runs, that is really frustrating. Nothing makes me want to throw a puppy through a wall more than leaving the bases loaded with only 1 out and not scoring a run.
miller0926
AG
The fact that we are all complaining and heartbroken about a 3-4 roadtrip is awesome. Not trying to be "Mr. Positive", but the team was in every game and lost by 1 run 3 times.... and we still have the best record in the AL.

I'm starting to get nervous about the Mariners though. They're hot and have finally made it back to .500 and have the tools to close this gap in a hurry.
McGibblets
AG
Mengden starting for the first time in high A tonight
mm98
AG
quote:
Mengden starting for the first time in high A tonight
Mengden has been awesome so far this year. WHIP under 1.0 with 40 IPs.
Frok
AG
Rockets season is over. Time to turn my full attention this way. Go Astros!
Guitarsoup
AG
Go Astros!
Frok
AG
Shouldn't you be saying Go Missions!
mazag08
AG
Welcome back the rest of Houston. You've missed an incredible two months.
HossAg
AG
quote:
Welcome back the rest of Houston. You've missed an incredible two months.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Yeah Lego stros
mazag08
AG
quote:
Go Astros!

Now I have to be your friend? Is this real life? :p
miller0926
AG
Welcome to the Crush City thread
mAgnoliAg
AG
Yeah really. Soup pisses us all off in the rockets thread and then makes us be his friend for Astros and texans
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
Go Astros!

Now I have to be your friend? Is this real life? :p
I had season tickets back in the good seasons.

I had to cover the Astros during the bad seasons and got burnt out of them and the new owners, so have pretty much ignored them since I quit shooting so much.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
Yeah really. Soup pisses us all off in the rockets thread and then makes us be his friend for Astros and texans

Soup is good people, y'all.
Houston Summit
AG
Aggie 2001 and Michaelangelo on the other hand... I won't miss those fools this offseason, I'll just say that
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:

I'm pretty much a typical Houston fairweather fan, though.

I grew up in NOLA/SA, so never had a baseball team. I cheered for the Braves because that was my little league team in SA. Moved to Houston and gave up my Braves fandom for the Astros, but can't say I am a great fan over the last few years. Plus I knew Berkman in HS (we went to the same church, our dads are friends) and played a game against him in club since I played on a Boerne team.

I'll always be a Saints fan over the Texans, but love JJ like the rest of Houston.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:

Here I am being good people and showing off my ridiculously good baseball skills:

mazag08
AG
Just to catch the newbs up..

It's..

Springer Dinger
Carter Farter (when he decides to try)
Castro Blastro
El Oso Blanco (Evan Gattis, also known as caveman)
Tucker ****er
Colby Jack
Marwinning (Until the captain is called up)
Singleton Dingleton (he'll be here soon)
Conger Bonger

And yeah.. Crush City
TajMaballer
AG
Go Stros! I can only follow them on Twitter through the official account and some bloggers, but some good people to follow:

@EvanDrellich
@JuliaMorales
@RoFloESPN- Your typical ESPN tweeter, but is a Houston guy, so he will occasionally talk Astros.

Anybody got any other accounts to follow?
mazag08
AG
quote:
quote:

I grew up in NOLA/SA, so never had a baseball team. I cheered for the Braves because that was my little league team in SA. Moved to Houston and gave up my Braves fandom for the Astros, but can't say I am a great fan over the last few years. Plus I knew Berkman in HS (we went to the same church, our dads are friends) and played a game against him in club since I played on a Boerne team.

I'll always be a Saints fan over the Texans, but love JJ like the rest of Houston.

Just renounce your faith and go Astros full time. The rebuild and the process will make you happy. It's working
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Here I am being good people and showing off my ridiculously good baseball skills:

Impressive reaction time
Coby
AG
Y'all might hate me. My pro allegiances are Spurs, Astros, Cowboys.

I'm from SA, so it kind of makes sense. I've just always loved the Astros. Even over the last few years.
mazag08
AG
quote:
Go Stros! I can only follow them on Twitter through the official account and some bloggers, but some good people to follow:

@EvanDrellich
@JuliaMorales
@RoFloESPN- Your typical ESPN tweeter, but is a Houston guy, so he will occasionally talk Astros.

Anybody got anybody else?

Check Crawfish Boxes everyday.. especially our very own Irish Pete!
Houston Summit
AG
For sure. Also, Brian mctaggart is a good follow for breaking Astros news
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just renounce your faith and go Astros full time. The rebuild and the process will make you happy. It's working
It is definitely working.

I gave up all my Braves stuff over a decade ago. I was even there for the extra inning game where Burke and Ausmus bombed them home.
mazag08
AG
Just don't get Tag twitter updates on your phone. I'll be at a closing with a client and all the sudden BREAKING NEWS!... 30 straight tweets 10 seconds apart about meaningless crap. I'd rather subscribe to catfacts.
mazag08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It is definitely working.

I gave up all my Braves stuff over a decade ago. I was even there for the extra inning game where Burke and Ausmus bombed them home.

Ha, I'm more of a Braves fan than you. I saw Hayward and Freeman in single A.. and that same year.. I saw Brandon Hicks and Jordan Schafer in double A
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
Just don't get Tag twitter updates on your phone. I'll be at a closing with a client and all the sudden BREAKING NEWS!... 30 straight tweets 10 seconds apart about meaningless crap. I'd rather subscribe to catfacts.

Yeah I would never have breaking news tweets alert me on my phone. That's asking for trouble (especially for Tag)
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Just to catch the newbs up..

It's..

Springer Dinger
Carter Farter (when he decides to try)
Castro Blastro
El Oso Blanco (Evan Gattis, also known as caveman)
Tucker ****er
Colby Jack
Marwinning (Until the captain is called up)
Singleton Dingleton (he'll be here soon)
Conger Bonger

And yeah.. Crush City

It's a cong DONG Bro
mazag08
AG
Ya I used to follow Tag, Astros official twitter, crawfish boxes, climbing tals Hill, and CFTXAG.

The only one worth the text update was CFTXAG.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Impressive reaction time
While holding a 18lb camera/lens in my left hand.

In a couple hundred MLB games attended, that is the only ball I have caught. Caught two at Olsen.
pnsagdad
What do yall plan to call a Correa home run? Good luck with that one.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
What do yall plan to call a Correa home run? Good luck with that one.
A Gone-orrea?
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 911

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.