Morant video

2,933 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Iowaggie
Lake08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shows him holding another gun. That kid is filthy rich but will end up killing somebody
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Or....

txagman1998
AG
Crazy. I was reading a separate NBA news article and when I saw the link to the Morant news, I assumed there was something wrong with the algorithm and I was being fed an old news story. Nope, sure enough Morant is in trouble again and the penalty could be much harsher the second time around.
Iowaggie
AG
If re-doing the 2019 draft tomorrow without knowing the NBA discipline for Morant (could be indefinite), Zion's current health (who knows), how do you draft the top 5?

Also in draft: Jordan Poole, Can reddish, RJ Barrett, Darrius Garland, Tyler Herro, and Keldon Johnson
Guitarsoup
AG
Iowaggie said:

If re-doing the 2019 draft tomorrow without knowing the NBA discipline for Morant (could be indefinite), Zion's current health (who knows), how do you draft the top 5?

Also in draft: Jordan Poole, Can reddish, RJ Barrett, Darrius Garland, Tyler Herro, and Keldon Johnson
If you are taking into account Morant having multiple gun violations in 3 months and Zion playing about 25% of games, Darius Garland has to be #1 overall, right?
Iowaggie
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Iowaggie said:

If you are taking into account Morant having multiple gun violations in 3 months and Zion playing about 25% of games, Darius Garland has to be #1 overall, right?

All that can be true and logical yes, and I still might roll with Zion or Ja. They are still special talents so I don't know.

Silver Arrows
AG
Truly an idiot. He seems like someone that has never had to face any consequences of his actions. The NBA is going to hammer him this time around.
amercer
AG
What in the name of F16 is wrong with a man carrying a gun around?
dbryanc87
amercer said:

He has a recent history. Here's the full text of the tweet:
"In order to be paid, potentially, hundreds of millions of dollars, Ja Morant agrees to be bound by certain employment restrictions by his employer. These gun restrictions aren't arbitrary, they are related to his past behavior that the team & the NBA found unacceptable. Given Ja's recently been involved in a series of alleged criminal gun incidents: flashing a gun at the Pacers team bus, accused of threatening a teenager with a gun in a pick up game at his house, and flashing a gun in a strip club on Insta which led to a big suspension, it doesn't seem crazy to me for the Grizz to request that their franchise player not be involved with firearms. If he disagrees with the team's demands, he can leave the NBA & find employment elsewhere."

Guitarsoup
AG
amercer said:

Really?

Getting an LTC and carrying concealed properly in your waistband is one thing.

Pulling a gun at a pickup game, then at an opposing team bus, then at a strip club, then dancing in a moving car while holding one on Instagram live is another thing.
amercer
AG
Yeah I'm sure that's the issue.
GigEmMortis
AG
Silver Arrows said:

Truly an idiot. He seems like someone that has never had to face any consequences of his actions. The NBA is going to hammer him this time around.

They absolutely should. But I doubt they will. It will probably be something like 20 games. Honestly it should be for half the season, minimum. Getting busted for the same offense no more than 3 months apart is asinine to me, and it shows that he clearly has no remorse for his actions in his previous gun-related issues.
Iowaggie
AG
Guitarsoup said:

amercer said:

Really?

Getting an LTC and carrying concealed properly in your waistband is one thing.

Pulling a gun at a pickup game, then at an opposing team bus, then at a strip club, then dancing in a moving car while holding one on Instagram live is another thing.

I'm not sure you've seen the instagram live video because it would slightly change your statement about dancing in a moving car. Also, I think "pulling a gun" is a bit of a Skip Bayless type of stretch when you read the stories.

The thing with the opposing team bus is part of a much bigger story. Of note, the idiot who showed Morant in the live video (with 112 viewers) is the same "friend" who got into it with the Pacers players during the game, specifically James Johnson who is one person in the league nobody should mess with (YT video below). What wasn't shown was that after the game, the talking kept going and Pacers George HIll went up to former teammate Steven Adams and suggested he get Ja out of there to de-escalate the situation, which Adams did. Saying that, if the NBA really thought there was any possibility that a gun had been pulled on an opposing team bus, Morant wouldn't be in the league, nor should he be in the league.

The incident that is hardly discussed is the mall one where his mom called Ja because she felt disrespected, and Ja & friends (allegedly) threatened the mall worker. To me, this is the worst of them all, including the pickup game fight where he (allegedly) flashed a gun. The instagram stuff is stupidity, but nothing illegal or morally wrong. A mom calling her son to fight a minimum wage type of worker at a foot locker, and then him coming out there with his friends to do it is what I think is truly suspension worthy. It was a pre-meditated bully move, not Instagram stupidity.

After the first suspension, people really blamed Ja and his friends & family he keeps. Now, they are just blaming Ja.

The instagram live video of Ja holding the gun...
Iowaggie
AG
The way I expect this to go:

Ja gets a 16-19 game suspension. I am not sure whether it will be announced before or after Adam Silver's State of the NBA speech, but it will be discussed.

Media will be "debating" whether that was not enough or was it too much. Race will be mentioned, and comparisons made, and then the next outrage story will happen.

There is a sliver of the Ja Morant story that reminds me of JFF as I really think both struggled with the near immediate explosion of fame that both experienced after being overlooked going into college. There are a lot of differences, of course, but I feel like the social media role is a bit similar.

WC94
AG
I think that song is worse than flashing a gun.
Iowaggie
AG
Iowaggie
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.