Golden State wants Dirk

3,395 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ATM9000
clobby
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love Dirk for everything he has done for the Mavs but I would still love the guy just as much if he went there for a title. It would allow the Mavs to move on to rebuilding the team and give Dirk a chance for one or two more titles.
Phat32
AG
He has a title. Why would he do this?

Good luck GSW. Do they want Wade and Duncan too?
R0GUE
AG
Dirk already said on the radio he only opted out to restructure so they can build a better team. He said the only way he leaves is if they play 4 rookies around him.

What I'm worried about now is that this will get under Cuban's skin, like Maury did (which resulted in the Chandler Parsons deal), and the Mavs will throw obscene money at Harrison Barnes in retaliation.
Matsui
AG
He isn't going anywhere.
PatAg
AG
If we legit opt to rebuild(and do it well) I would probably end up watching more warriors games then mavs next year. Love Dirk.
fightinags2013
AG
I don't think many longtime Mavs fans (myself included) would be upset with Dirk at all if he decided to aim for another title elsewhere. I don't think he will leave, but I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did.
Look Out Below
AG
Can't see why Dirk, LeBron, Duncan, Wade, et. al. would go anywhere. All are old (or rapidly approaching it) and all have a ring.
hph6203
AG
Breaking news: Mavericks want to sign Lebron James and have the cap space available. More on the 6 o'clock news!
Olsen
AG
Dirk will retire as a Mav. I think Durant is a possibility for GS.
TexagChris17
AG
Why would GS want Dirk?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Why would GS want Dirk?
their whole schtick is based on having high volume shooters, and having so many of them, that if one or two are having an off night, the others cover for them. Harrison Barnes was supposed to be one of those guys, but he turned into a pumpkin this year. Dirk would be a huge upgrade on offense. Meanwhile, they have good defenders around him to cover for his defensive weaknesses. Its actually a really good fit.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I don't see how Dirk is a great fit for them, unless he would just come off the bench. What position is he playing? He definitely won't be taking draymond's minutes at the 4. Is Dirk playing the 5? There would be absolutely no rim protection. Or is he just coming off the bench when draymond is resting?

I wouldn't be pissed at Dirk for leaving, but I really don't think he will.
R0GUE
AG
He'd have to become a role player/backup to fit in. He'd be the new David Lee.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
I don't see how Dirk is a great fit for them, unless he would just come off the bench. What position is he playing? He definitely won't be taking draymond's minutes at the 4. Is Dirk playing the 5? There would be absolutely no rim protection. Or is he just coming off the bench when draymond is resting?

I wouldn't be pissed at Dirk for leaving, but I really don't think he will.
C: Bogut
PF: Dirk
SF: Green
SG: Klay
PG: Curry

He fits very nicely. Then when they go small, they can go:

C: Green
PF: Dirk
SF: Klay
SG: Iggy
PG: Curry
ATM9000
AG
Bogut, Dirk wouldn't work at this point in their careers. Bogut works really well on defense when he's surrounded by a bunch of guys who can cover a ton of ground quickly... like Bogut, Dirk moves poorly on defense now. Any team that has 2 competent big men offensively would destroy that lineup.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Bogut, Dirk wouldn't work at this point in their careers. Bogut works really well on defense when he's surrounded by a bunch of guys who can cover a ton of ground quickly... like Bogut, Dirk moves poorly on defense now. Any team that has 2 competent big men offensively would destroy that lineup.
What team has two competent big men offensively?
AggieDub25
Okc. Assuming they retain Durant, but Ibaka and Adams showed to be pretty good.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Okc. Assuming they retain Durant, but Ibaka and Adams showed to be pretty good.
Also Kanter,
ATM9000
AG
In the west, the Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Grizzlies all would pose bad problems for a Bogut and Dirk lineup.
PatAg
AG
who is stopping that lineup on defense though
ATM9000
AG
Who stops the current Warrior starting lineup and small ball alignment on defense consistently? Basically nobody... You just hope they go cold.

That team almost never lost because they lacked something on offense. The few times they did lose, it was when they lost control defensively almost every time. If they lose their defensive balance, they'd quickly fall back to a mid pack playoff team again.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.