*** Round 1: OKC vs. MEM ** AND ** FLOPS v GSW ***

18,977 Views | 530 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As JVG said, it wasn't a punch.

What a bullcrap, yet unsurprising, call from the league.

Both arms end up extended for Zach. When does someone extend both arms on a punch?

[This message has been edited by Iowaggie (edited 5/2/2014 8:50p).]
Ganondorf
AG
This guy punches with both hands.

West Texan
AG
quote:
This guy punches with both hands.

**** Dhalsim
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Both arms end up extended for Zach. When does someone extend both arms on a punch?

NBA players aren't exactly known for their fighting skills.
Pahdz
GS is right, when have you ever seen an NBA player fight or punch correctly?

Second...if all he was trying to do was push, why aim for the head?

What I think sucks about this is the same night this happens shenanigans in ATL went unpenalized. I didn't see what happened there but sounds like maybe some action should have been taken there as well.
Pahdz
Also, I'm fairly certain Adams went for the nut shot and that's what set off Randolph. Like I said, master of the dark arts, like Lucio in soccer from Brazil. Does just enough to get under the opponents skin, but never get caught or never retaliate. Also apparently immune to fists to the jaw.
4stringAg
AG
I think this actually occurred pretty late in the 4th Q about 6:00 left in the game when the Grizz were down 20 or so making it even dumber when you consider that Dave Joeger should have probably had all his starters out at that point.
4stringAg
AG
quote:
From last night, this is the difference to me in the game:

Mike Conley: 2-10; 5 pts
Courtney Lee: 2-7; 4 pts
Tayshaun Prince: 0-1; 0 pts (did lousy job of defending Durant early in the game)

That's 60% of your Grizz starting lineup delivering 9 pts, and as I recall, most of Conley's and Lee's pts came late in the 3rd when the game was already 20 pt margin in favor of OKC.

That just isn't going to get it done. And if Prince is not going to at least slow down Durant, he needs to be benched in favor of either Allen or someone who can give some offense.

Lee has given little offensively this series, Prince gives you nothing for the series offensively, and Conley seems to have been bottled up more than usual this series.

going back to my post from last night, I had to laugh at the Memphis sports radio jocks not even mentioning these stats and claiming that it was Gasol and Randolph that need to "step up".
intmedag
AG
How is Conley's hammy?
Iowaggie
AG
Conley will be ineffective & sore.

I can't see him playing well, but he really hasn't been effective anyway.

[This message has been edited by Iowaggie (edited 5/2/2014 10:40p).]
Iowaggie
AG
Also, ironically, ZBo was nominated today for Kia Community award winner.
Pahdz
and Donald Sterling was set to receive an award from the NAACP
Gigem Trevas
Tony Allen questionable for tonight now. Going to take a miracle.
Deputy Travis Junior
Still think the suspension is total bs. That's not what a punch looks like.
Gigem Trevas
Iowa and Memag, I am not sure I will even watch the game tonight. Barring the game of their lives, I just don't see how it is going to happen.
Iowaggie
AG
I agree (Trevis Jr), but without Conley (and Calathes), and Allen now possibly out for the game, it wouldn't have mattered.

Even with all those guys, they still would have had a tough time.

Trevas, I'll DVR it tonight, but this is not worth me hurrying home to watch live.

[This message has been edited by Iowaggie (edited 5/3/2014 6:08p).]
Gigem Trevas
Yeah I guess I will set my DVR as well. I don't even know how I would react if they pull it out tonight.
Iowaggie
AG
Per twitter:
Tony Allen woke this morning with swelling in his eye, the result of Caron Butler scratching/hitting him in Game 6. Seeing eye doc now.

This is how I feel when I'm talking about the game.
Gigem Trevas
Probably going to get stupid hammered regardless of the result tonight. More than likely for the wrong reasons though. Potential starting line up of Udrih-Lee-Prince-Davis-Gasol. That lineup strikes fear into absolutely nobody. Will be supporting Memphis will my Grizzlies shirt tonight at least though.
TheDino
AG
Great start for Memphis.
Deputy Travis Junior
Great start, yea, but it doesn't matter. The refs won't let Memphis win. Expect double digit FTs for both Westbrook and Durant.
TheDino
AG
39 free throw in the 1st half. 24 of them for OKC.
Deputy Travis Junior
Yea okc is gonna get close to 50 FTs. That's just how this game is gonna be.
4stringAg
AG
Grizz lead in the 2nd quarter evaporated when the refs started calling every little touch on the Grizz and nothing on the Thunder on the other end. FTs let the Thunder back in it.

Now OKC pulling away in the 3rd, up by 11 after consecutive 3's.
Ag Natural
AG
The league definitely wants Durant to advance. The officiating is so crazy one sided. OKC can't be touched. Meanwhile they get away with playing VERY physical and handsy defense.

The Randolph suspension looks like a straight conspiracy at this point. Ironically the Grizz look a little better without him right now.
Bunk Moreland
League got all these game 7s, look how awesome!! And don't look how we make sure the crucial ratings teams like Indiana, okc, LAC, and Brooklyn will advance.
R0GUE
AG
Indiana and OKC are crucial markets?
Bunk Moreland
Do you even playoffs?

The indy Miami ecf rematch is the only thing potentially going on that side and Durant is about to be crowned mvp, and they are the 2 seed in the West.

Those are major storylines for the playoffs. Memphis moving on and Atlanta v Washington to see who loses to Miami in 5 doesn't even move the dial.
4stringAg
AG
OKC shooting 64% and hitting everything they throw up even with Grizzlies in their face. Insane shooting.
R0GUE
AG
Ah I see you think the storylines of a team are more important than the cities market size.

Either way the idea of an NBA/officiating conspiracy is ludicrous. We've heard it for years, and if it were the case you'd only ever see the Knicks/Laker/Bulls/Celtics/Heat rotate through the finals.
Bunk Moreland
I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, but stars and the big teams get favored in situations like this. It just happens. Whether it's natural or "encouraged" It happens
4stringAg
AG
Turned out to be a pretty decent season for the Grizz considering all the injuries and new ownership, coaching, etc. Very well could have won this series. I think Game 4 loss at home being up by 5 with less than a minute then losing in OT was a killer. Could have put us up 3-1 and forced OKC to win 3 straight....oh well. Looks like Dave Joerger may be a good coach for us going forward.

As all good Aggies say..wait til next year

[This message has been edited by MemAg92 (edited 5/3/2014 9:51p).]
R0GUE
AG
Might have been a different game with Randolph. Unfortunate for him to lose his head at this of all times.
Iowaggie
AG
Just finished watching, and I'm glad I didn't hurry home to get it all in live.

The series was lost when they blew game 4. You only get so many chances when you are playing a team that is your equal or better.

I don't understand why James Johnson didn't get any time tonight.
Pahdz
I don't get why Johnson didn't play for you guys either, especially since he got so many minutes in game 6.

I really enjoy the rivalry with Memphis. I don't hate the Grizz like I do some other teams, I think it's more of a respect rivalry.

Huge tip of the cap to Conley tonight for grinding through that hammy injury.

I'll also add that I've got some friends that work in media for the Thunder, and they've all said that Gasol is one of the best people in the NBA. On top of that add his on court game, hard not to like him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.