* Liverpool 2023-2024 Thread *

72,058 Views | 1531 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by jeffk
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
akm91 said:

Maybe go for Adams? Good defensive option off the bench

NVM

I didn't realize the Adams transfer didn't go thru.

We should sign him ASAP!
OregonAggie
AG
AG@RICE said:

As I was saying, Lavia is exactly the kind of player we need....

I think Caicedo is exactly the player we need, especially with his familiarity with MacAllister. I think placing all of our trust in Lavia is a higher order right now than doing the same with Caicedo.

Doesn't matter now…we should just sign Lavia and be done with it.
gougler08
AG
OregonAggie said:

akm91 said:

Maybe go for Adams? Good defensive option off the bench

I thought they should've gone after him from the start but he just signed with Chelsea, no?
They pulled the deal
Unemployed
AG
So Chelsea is going to sign both Caicedo and Lavia?

If true, Liverpool just got emasculated.
jeffk
AG
Real talk? No one knows anything.
Unemployed
AG
jeffk said:

Real talk? No one knows anything.
Who knows...that's why I love soccer transfer windows. There are so many unreliable sources and misdirection that you don't know what's up or down. One day you're talking how awesome it is going to be with Player X on your team and the next day, he's signing with your rival.
jeffk
AG
And now we have confirmation of a Chelsea bid for 115 million to accompany their 55 million Lavia bid.

Pretty wild.

Edit - the bid hasn't officially gone to Brighton yet. Lol. Just announced that they intend to make the bid.
jeffk
OregonAggie
AG
LFG!!!!
jeffk
AG
Mac playing the 6

https://x.com/jamespearcelfc/status/1690732579836612608?s=46&t=FT9dEl7BC18FI3-fAszcow
ChipFTAC01
wangus12
AG
So does whoever wins this match get Caicedo?
AG@RICE
RossG_2
hoosierAG
AG
Helluva a pass by Salah for the first goal
hoosierAG
AG
Besides a few opps/counter attacks, Chelsea dominated that half.
jeffk
AG
Mo was NOT thrilled about coming off. Lol.

jeffk
AG
Point on the road vs a much-improved team while we still have no DM isn't a bad result.

Also made the need for that DM plainly obvious.
Unemployed
AG
A draw versus Chelsea...what's new?
jeffk
AG
Third "here we go!" from Romano about Caicedo just now.

Oh well. Would have been a good player for us, but hopefully we have another lined up. Right? Someone please tell me we have another lined up.
Unemployed
AG
jeffk said:

Third "here we go!" from Romano about Caicedo just now.

Oh well. Would have been a good player for us, but hopefully we have another lined up. Right? Someone please tell me we have another lined up.
Whoever that guys is, we're going to have to overpay since everybody knows that we're desperate and have absolutely no leverage.
gougler08
AG
Looks like Lavia will be heading to Liverpool though?
jeffk
AG
He might be going to Chelsea as well.
hoosierAG
AG
He may be going to Chelsea as well. Either way, Chelsea looking much improved (only one game though) and continue to make big moves. Will see how it pans out though. But it's definitely getting a little desperate now for Liverpool
jeffk
AG
Chelsea have spent an ungodly amount of money these last several years.
Unemployed
AG
Brighton paid $4MM for Caicedo 1.5 years ago.
AG@RICE
AG
I'm hoping we go after Ibrahim Sangare. Very similar profile to Fabinho and we could probably get him for around 35 million leaving room for one or two more quality players.
YNWA_AG
AG
https://x.com/skysportspl/status/1691039732879314944?s=46&t=N82a9zQKRUW7AdMYSRZLow
jeffk
AG
1) I hate how the URL change of Twitter makes imbedding difficult. Also, I hate sending people links to X.com.

2) Until recently, a team accepting a bid meant it was a done deal, right? Or am I misremembering?
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

1) I hate how the URL change of Twitter makes imbedding difficult. Also, I hate sending people links to X.com.

2) Until recently, a team accepting a bid meant it was a done deal, right? Or am I misremembering?

The fee is normally set first, then the player works out the personal terms (salary). I feel like it's always been like that but I may be misremembering too!

Oftentimes, agents/teams have already done some of the work beforehand with setting negation expectations but clearly that isn't always the case….I'm talking about you Caicedo! I feel like that is tampering but I'm certain it happens, just like when watching college football players committing to schools.
Unemployed
AG
YNWA_AG said:

https://x.com/skysportspl/status/1691039732879314944?s=46&t=N82a9zQKRUW7AdMYSRZLow
Let's hope he doesn't pull a Caicedo.
joemeister
AG
David Ornstein at the Athletic posted about 20 minutes ago that Lavia also agreed to go to Chelsea. Not sure where the Sky info came from. It doesn't look like any other the other outlets reported that. I'm guessing we have to go to the continent to find a new midfielder (or two).
Unemployed
AG
How embarrassing for Liverpool to get played by both Caicedo and Lavia.

jeffk
AG
We definitely got played by Caicedo's camp. But I think we'd moved on from Lavia middle of last week when we got our last bid rejected. There's been a couple of tweets about us making another higher offer to him this weekend/today, but those are all being floated by Chelsea-affiliated people.

It makes sense that we weren't able to get Lavia for what we thought was an adequate price so we moved on to Caicedo. Getting spurned by him might have made us rethink Lavia at a higher price, but I bet we've move on to whatever option is next. And knowing that we now are willing to spend bigger, there might be better options. Hope we find out who soon.
KCup17
AG
Since Todd's takeover Chelsea have spent 821M. And that doesn't include the Lavia deal. That is ungodly amounts of money.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.