Arsenal 2016-2017 Thread

134,078 Views | 1832 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by agdoc2001
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No Giroud or Ramsey. Both are still out. Rambo expected back after the next break. Coquelin has apparently had a magical recovery and will have a test before the Burnley match. Doubt he starts, but sounds like he'll be back quick
wangus12
AG
AustinScubaAg
AG
That is hilarious
byfLuger41
AG
That was awesome.

#moobs
wangus12
AG
Wilshire just missed an absolute sitter via the post. Has had a decent match, but he has to start putting goals away. He's had several chances the last few matches. Howe is playing him in the CAM spot. Still think he is better as a deep lying playmaker
chjoak
AG
He missed that purely because he is too one footed. Should have shot with the right but he had to let the ball come across his body so he could get it with the left. That little difference kills his angle and makes him shoot back across his body.
wangus12
AG

Apparently Lucas is out with a slight knock on the knee
wangus12
AG
Simply cannot find the final pass right now.
TXAggie2011
AG
Yaaawwwnnnnn.
wangus12
AG
This is a game where Giroud excels. They are giving us all the wide areas, but we aren't an aerial threat
wangus12
AG
1-nil on the 92nd minute. Stupid luck of a goal. Ox kicked the ball into Koss and over the line. Really tepid display after an awesome week. Burnley played deep and we couldn't break them open
Out in Left Field
AG
What a joke, clearly a handball
wangus12
AG
His arms are tucked and he's a foot away. He knows nothing about that. No chance does it get called
gougler08
AG
Well they all count, but man that was ugly
agdoc2001
AG
Hand of God!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GraciousRespectfulHochstettersfrog-mobile.mp4
OneBlitzer
AG
Missed opportunity. I loathe matches when points are dropped.

Edit: Just watched match. I decided to post what I had written in the last two minutes. I was only waiting for the final whistle. My mood did a total 180.

What a dramatic finish!! I was seething but now I'm going to sleep well. Huge to get all three points!
TXAggie2011
AG
Shouldn't have been an issue except Oxlade-Chamberlain decided he'd try to airmail the ball out of the stadium.

I can see why they're upset about it, I can see why it wasn't called.
AGSmith
AG
Hand ball or not, how was Kos not offside on the goal?
wangus12
AG
Watch closely. A lot of the consensus is that Ox never touches it. Its Koss's foot that kicks it up onto his own hand. He was onside when Theo heads it on so thus no offside
wangus12
AG
wangus12
AG

I think at times Ian Wright wants to thrash Morgan. That guy is such a ****

TXAggie2011
AG
wangus12 said:

Watch closely. A lot of the consensus is that Ox never touches it. Its Koss's foot that kicks it up onto his own hand. He was onside when Theo heads it on so thus no offside
If Kosc kicked the ball into his own hand, I would be absolutely livid if I were Burnley and rightfully so.

Either way, my point was that we boondoggled that opportunity, should have been neatly slotted home.
wangus12
AG
They have every right to be mad. Definitely deserved at least a point.
wangus12
AG
Happy Birthday to possibly my favorite Arsenal player. Wish we'd have given him one more year.

TXAggie2011
AG
I miss Rosicky. Fun play maker to watch, and seemingly a great guy off the pitch. A shame injuries limited him at times.

He was often underappreciated while with Arsenal, I think.

wangus12
AG
Sounds like everyone is coming back healthy from the international break. Rambo is still short and the boss said he won't be available this week or next. Same goes for Giroud who is just starting to run. Both are simply short of fitness and they aren't being rushed back.

Ozil is fit. There were rumors who'd been injured when he was substituted at the half against Scotland. Coquelin is also fit and ready to go.

In other news:

wangus12
AG
Iwobi also scored his first goal for Nigeria on a volley. Holding and Chambers looked good for the England U-21's.
gougler08
AG
Everyone back healthy from an international break?

What is this magic?
wangus12
AG
Jenkinson got in 60 minutes with the U-23's today. Still working back from the knee injury. I think he is suitable coverage for Bellerin.
wangus12
AG

Unchanged from the Burnley match. Lucas back on the bench. Ozil's birthday
Jason_Ag98
AG
What a disaster of a game by Xhaka!
gougler08
AG
Well that was dicey...but they all count
gougler08
AG
City and Spuds draw...top of the table!
AustinScubaAg
AG
Wow crazy game glad we held on. Shut off twice witj a two goal lead. Need to not do that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.