******BTHO Notre Dame******

27,448 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Rambotx
EclipseAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Seriously, I would think as a coach at ND, you should be excited to see the women's game grow by having great fans that actually care about the sport and show passionate support at the games.

Agreed.

Especially considering that was one of the largest crowds the Irish played in front of all year.

They drew 385 people to their first round match at home.
EclipseAg
AG
One other thing ... that save Jordan Day made on the low, hard shot to her left -- right after we had taken the lead -- was pretty darn good.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
SEC Plus picture was dark when we finally go it !
redd38
AG
If you were at the game and haven't watched the winning goal on SECN+ yet you should just to hear Dave go crazy.
David Ellis
AG
I wanted to provide a little background on the broadcast situation for the game yesterday and the difference between it and the broadcast on Friday. On Friday, the LHN/ESPN did the tu/ND game in the afternoon. Glenn Davis did the play-by-play. The same crew hung around and did the Ags game on SEC+ - basically the same way the SEC and SEC+ broadcasts were done. To do the broadcast of the Aggie game on Friday, they used an ESPN truck because the production facilities, control room, etc over at Kyle Field are in transition between the old facility under the east stands to the new facility under the south stands. The truck wasn't available on Sunday. Without a full production facility available at Kyle over the weekend, 12th Man TV had to go with a one camera broadcast, no instant replay etc. It was just the basics in order to get something up on SEC+ so folks could see it if they couldn't make it to the game. SEC+ took our radio feed on The Zone 1150 as audio for the video broadcast. It wasn't an ideal situation, but given the circumstances, the best that could be done. Don't know about next weekend vs Penn State. I do know 12th Man TV is working hard on it. The game will be available on local radio and out-of-town via the Aggieland Radio app. That's everything I know. Oh and BTHOpennstate.
jeffk
AG
Thanks Dave.

I enjoyed your call and it was nice to be able to watch the game until my SEC+ feed crapped out.
David Ellis
AG
quote:
If you were at the game and haven't watched the winning goal on SECN+ yet you should just to hear Dave go crazy.
I will admit, my emotional level was somewhat elevated.
mid90
AG
I'll have to watch it again; I couldn't hear you because I was screaming so loud at my computer.
1836er
AG
Is there anywhere to watch video of the game (if you don't have access to SEN+, Grrr DirecTV)? I haven't even been able to find a video of Kelley's game winning goal yet... and I'd like to watch the Notre Dame coach's postgame comments (to relish in the sour grapes).
birdman
kbtx has all three goals on their website
oklaunion
I think Stephanie Mahlerbe is overlooked as far as the hustle and soccer savvy she shows, especially since I didn't know if she would be back after her injury last week.
aggiejz
AG
quote:
I think Stephanie Mahlerbe is overlooked as far as the hustle and soccer savvy she shows, especially since I didn't know if she would be back after her injury last week.

I agree with this, and I thought yesterday was one of her best games. The game winning goal got started by her winning a ball in midfield, making a strong run and playing a great 1-2 with Miki.
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:

I agree with this, and I thought yesterday was one of her best games. The game winning goal got started by her winning a ball in midfield, making a strong run and playing a great 1-2 with Miki.

She was a haas yesterday.

She and BB ran their butts off!
HiddenAg2
quote:
I wanted to provide a little background on the broadcast situation for the game yesterday and the difference between it and the broadcast on Friday. On Friday, the LHN/ESPN did the tu/ND game in the afternoon. Glenn Davis did the play-by-play. The same crew hung around and did the Ags game on SEC+ - basically the same way the SEC and SEC+ broadcasts were done. To do the broadcast of the Aggie game on Friday, they used an ESPN truck because the production facilities, control room, etc over at Kyle Field are in transition between the old facility under the east stands to the new facility under the south stands. The truck wasn't available on Sunday. Without a full production facility available at Kyle over the weekend, 12th Man TV had to go with a one camera broadcast, no instant replay etc. It was just the basics in order to get something up on SEC+ so folks could see it if they couldn't make it to the game. SEC+ took our radio feed on The Zone 1150 as audio for the video broadcast. It wasn't an ideal situation, but given the circumstances, the best that could be done. Don't know about next weekend vs Penn State. I do know 12th Man TV is working hard on it. The game will be available on local radio and out-of-town via the Aggieland Radio app. That's everything I know. Oh and BTHOpennstate.
Thanks for the clarification David. I was wondering why the video feed was so bad when I watched the replay last night. Looks like the camera man didn't check his white balance level or select the correct filter for the sunlight. Maybe someone professional can help him out for Saturday's game? These are the most important games in A&M soccer history and we really need 12th Man TV to step it up and find a solution for the Penn State game. These little things are what can separate A&M from other SEC schools when it comes to broadcast production, etc. But I am grateful that we at least have a video feed for the games.
EclipseAg
AG
quote:
I think Stephanie Mahlerbe is overlooked as far as the hustle and soccer savvy she shows ...
Agreed.

I've been watching the replay this morning (great call, Dave Ellis) and the match was a lot more equal than ND Coach Theresa Romagnolo realizes.

She said the Irish were the "better team" for the "whole match" after the Aggies got their first goal, but that is a real stretch. As with most soccer matches, the momentum went back and forth.

In fact, I would say the Aggies had the majority of possession for the final 30 minutes after Notre Dame equalized and just as many dangerous chances. We didn't get a fluke goal; we had been working hard to advance the ball into the final third for most of the second half and we'd been having a lot of success.

Dave and his broadcast partners suggested that the Irish were a bit fatigued down the stretch, and I would agree. Didn't notice it live (probably because my eyes were closed ) but it's clear on the replay. Heck, you can see Karin Muya practically begging to come off the pitch for about five minutes before the Notre Dame bench reacts.

It's a shame Romagnolo wasn't more gracious in defeat.
mid90
AG
Notre Dame is trash. Seems to pervade their athletic department.

Football team Covering up a rape that led to the woman committing suicide. NNot telling that Teo's girlfriend was a complete fake until after the Heisman ceremony, at least a month after they has found out. Women's basketball (anyone remember Skylar Diggins being a crybaby when we won the national title?). And now women's soccer.
CDub06
AG
quote:
Women's basketball (anyone remember Skylar Diggins being a crybaby when we won the national title?).
We thought about getting some blue, green and gold confetti for the match since it worked so well in that title game.
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:
Women's basketball (anyone remember Skylar Diggins being a crybaby when we won the national title?).
We thought about getting some blue, green and gold confetti for the match since it worked so well in that title game.

Nice
aggiedrjdub
AG
Am an avid AG Sports enthusiast (ex-tennis player) and have only recently began following the soccer team more closely (well, the last 2-3 years). Very impressed with them. We have some tremendously talented seniors and underclassmen. Hoping we take advantage of our experience in the next 2-3 rounds. I will say, one player that stands out from me after watching a few games this season, the SEC tournament, and the first 3 rounds of the NCAs is the white/blonde haired (double french braided) midfielder, Mikaela Harvey. Wow! Seriously - what a talent! She is a fireball and seems to have a lot of poise, control and speed. She stands out for me among the other more note-able soccer stars right now. She's a freshman. Will be fun to watch this team progress next season without the seniors. Bring us a Natty Ags! Gig'em!
redd38
AG
Harvey is definitely fun to watch and has lots of energy. Once she learns to control it better she'll be a serious threat.
CDub06
AG
quote:
quote:
I will admit, my emotional level was somewhat elevated.
I just listened (Well worth it) and noticed you disappeared for a bit after the goal. Did they have to help you up off the floor?
mullokmotx
AG
Mikaela Harvey was the #4 player in the country coming out of HS by some people. She has missed about 8 games this year, first with a knee and then with an ankle. It's interesting when she goes up to head the ball in the midfield and as you saw Sunday she is not afraid to knock people over face to face.
Against tu Friday ND #7 was also asking to come out of the game. Didn't ND only use 3 subs against us?.
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
It's interesting when she goes up to head the ball in the midfield and as you saw Sunday she is not afraid to knock people over face to face.
...sometimes people who are a foot taller than she is. Very fun player to watch. :-)
redd38
AG
ND fans making up s*** over on allwhitekit...
http://www.allwhitekit.com/?p=13866#more-13866

They're kinda Baylor-ish
aggiejz
AG
Easily my least favorite athletics program in the entire country. Makes me happy to see them lose at any and every sport.
GigemNick
AG
Hmm. Kind of reminds me of when their player (can't remember the number) yelled at the ball girl, "give me the f***ing ball!" If only we had their class!
mid90
AG
quote:
Easily my least favorite athletics program in the entire country. Makes me happy to see them lose at any and every sport.
CDub06
AG
Interesting that Notre Dame fans are as whiny on the internet as they were at the game.
CDub06
AG
And I'd be hesitant to believe this started because of something done before kickoff. The coaching staff had already begun the whining to the NCAA officials about the fans and their awful confetti.
jeffk
AG
You monsters and your confetti!
Aggie Futbol
quote:

Anyone know why Morgan Andrews did not play more for Notre Dame? She was averaging like 70+ plus minutes coming into the game but only played 19 Sunday.

Andrews wasn't very good against Texas either. Our defense completely shut her down early in the game so they brought Muya in. Muya was more dangerous and scored to justify the substitution. She did tire pretty easily though and needed to be taken off the field to rest while our defensive line played all 90 minutes. Perhaps a little more fitness work is in order for Muya next season.

Rambotx
Pays to have the home field and 12TH Man advantage when playing a high powered team! Stay thirsty for soccer my Friends.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.