******BTHO Arizona (NCAA Tournament)******

12,821 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Aggie Futbol
aggie67,74&76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
7-2 Ags with 45 seconds left!
aggie67,74&76
AG
7-2 Ags Final!
TXAG4EVR
AG
Whoop!
Rambotx
Bring on the Irish!
CDub06
AG
Told y'all.
McJulie-O
AG
Whoop!
McJulie-O
AG
And Get some rest!
MROD92
Gig 'Em!!! BTHO the Irish
EclipseAg
AG
We looked very sharp offensively ... lots of great ball movement and aggressiveness in the final third.

Didn't look so hot defending set pieces but it's understandable given the big lead.

Maroon Milita looked and sounded great ... 12th Man was in full force.

Considering that not long ago we were lucky to be able to watch weak, shaky Internet feeds of Aggie soccer a couple of times a year, it's amazing to log into the SEC Network and Chromecast a match like tonight's. Technology is great.
EclipseAg
AG
What was the deal with Arizona's Daisy Duke-style soccer shorts? It's like Tony Amato accidently ordered kids sizes or something and they didn't have the budget to exchange them.
McJulie-O
AG
I particularly liked the different camera views and angles of our plays.... some of the goals went by so fast that you needed to see them over and over to catch what happened...
Penaltykick
Lol. It's a "west coast" thing (yeah, AZ isn't on the west coast, but...). They "roll" their shorts. Really notice it at showcases when there are a lot of teams from So Cal and teams from the east ...
mid90
AG
quote:
Lol. It's a "west coast" thing (yeah, AZ isn't on the west coast, but...). They "roll" their shorts. Really notice it at showcases when there are a lot of teams from So Cal and teams from the east ...
I've seen lots of our girls roll their shorts too....
HiddenAg2
I've been following A&M soccer closely for over a decade and that was probably the best half of soccer I've ever seen. A 5-0 beatdown of attacking soccer. After the first 10 minutes where Arizona was more physical than A&M and created a few chances, the Aggies opened up full throttle and ran the Cats off the field. It was pretty special to watch.

Notre Dame is a good team and will be a challenge on Sunday. They did not play well against Texas today and probably should have lost, but they are more than capable of knocking A&M out of the tourney if A&M doesn't bring its A-game. But if the Aggies play like they did tonight the rest of the tourney, they will be in the College Cup and could even upset UCLA with a few breaks. A&M was that good tonight.
CDub06
AG
That may have been the best atmosphere that I've been a part of. And that was probably the most resounding win I've seen. That's a first round final in the second round.
gambochaman
AG
two things:

1) that is the most complete game i have seen us play since in the tournament since i started following aggie soccer. so proud of the effort. there was crisp passing, GREAT finishing, and solid defense.

2)thank God for the SEC network
Expert Analysis
AG
Offensively that was one of the better games we have ever had. Could have had 10 goals with the quality chances we had. The big lead let us rest the starters which should help Sunday. Offensively once the seniors go out we are not nearly as good, thankfully they are all reasonably healthty right now.
Defensively we were just not very good all game. The starting unit only gave up one goal but it easily could have been more. We should have been down 1-0 except for an amazing play by jordan to prevent a goal. We had too many turnovers on our end of the field and let zona make numerous runs behind our back line especially in the first half. We will need to fix that immediately as we are now facing teams with more playrers capeable of scoring when given the chance. Generally we recovered well, but we put ourselves in some bad positions.
Another good turnout on a night with the chance for bad weather. Didn't really seem like a whole lot more than last week but they said there was 50% more....2200
gougler08
AG
When is the game on Sunday now? Looks like I'll have to plan out my sporting day between nfl and the ags
jeffk
AG
None of you were the asshat complaining about Mrs. Sumlin on twitter, were you?
Expert Analysis
AG
Game is at 1:30.
hsvag
What HIdden said.The most overpowering 30 minutes of soccer I have seen in watching G's teams for 9 years. They really hustled, made intelligent passes, and the big thing was had quality shots on frame. At one point we had 6 goals in 9 SOG and a high SOG to Shot percentage, unheard of for a G team. There is still the tendency to shoot with pace versus accuracy, but last night was golden. And thank God for Meghan, she compensates for what can be a shaky defense at times. Keep it up against the Domers!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
I switched from Time Warner to Uverse to get SEC Plus but the WATCHESPN still shows non support by TWC

How do I get SEC Plus to show support by Uverse. Did this yesterday but today same results .

Any help appreciated .
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
quote:
I switched from Time Warner to Uverse to get SEC Plus but the WATCHESPN still shows non support by TWC

How do I get SEC Plus to show support by Uverse. Did this yesterday but today same results .

Any help appreciated .
Plus - how do you edit a post?
CapCityAg89
AG
Top right of my watch ESPN app has a config icon. You probably just need to log out and log back into u verse.
mullokmotx
AG
Our attendance was the second highest last night:
UNC 4211
A&M 2212
Stanford 1693
UCLA 1617
FSU 1009
UF 933
UVA 574
PSU 468

On Allie's second goal Liz ran right in front of the keeper just like Kelley did on her second goal and I think that distracted the keeper. I was impressed that the crowd stayed the entire game. As stated earlier Jordan really saved us early in the game. At the half their keeper had more goals allowed than saves. She was really animated after Kelley's second goal, maybe because her teammates allowed Leigh to get so close. What amazing timing on that goal. Very impressed that we came out after the half and scored so quickly.
EclipseAg
AG
I've seen the rolled look before, but Arizona's uniforms just looked small.

My wife noticed it first. She asked why they were wearing volleyball shorts.
Aggie Futbol
The team played well against Arizona. An entertaining game to watch with plenty of scoring and excitement. Oddly enough we could have played better on both ends of the field. Too many give aways with passes up top and through the middle and somewhat loose in the back at the begging of the game. Mueller hit a few poor passes that resulted in turnovers and Streigjt lost her mark on the break away that Day saved. AZs first goal came fr between Streight and Cousineau. Their second goal started from Muellers mark. Beyond those things the back played well in their role of starting attacks. Readers here have to remember that this is an attacking team where the backs are expected to insert themselves. On the attacking side I really liked the speed of play by all the ladies and the passing. A few of the girls tend to be too selfish but against AZ there was much better distribution. This will be more important against ND as will great team defense.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.