Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

VIP Connection???? What is it???

33,086 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by 97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Ask Brandon about posting the contents of the letters in Aggies Only.

I am in communication with Brandon and he is looking into it. There is already an older 2005 e-mail sample in the Aggies Only forum, but considering the e-mails I have are from 2007 and we're still in the heart of season, I don't want to post any info publicly at this time until Brandon gives me an okay.

"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do!" - Aggie Code of Honor
Ag_EE_88
AG
If the VIP Connection were sent from an A&M computer, wouldn't that make them public records which anyone can now request?
monarch
S
I am sure by now BB has had numerous conversations with Fran, and if anything is found to be out of order, I hope he is gone.

I have been on the fence with Fran since day one, always defending him but in the back of my head questioning what he was doing coaching wise. Not any more- if there is any wrong doing, any hint of anything illegal, he needs to go. Now.

This institution does not need this cloud hanging over it like the cloud that has been hanging over our football program since Fran came aboard. Instead of people focusing on the players and this board and it's contents focusing on the players, we focus on what Fran is or isn't doing.

I say enough. This situation is the last straw, right or wrong, innocent or not. Unload the guy now.

I love my family...

[This message has been edited by monarch (edited 9/29/2007 12:05a).]
cpscAG06
AG
This thread is my hero, i wish there was a way I can make this thread have my kid. HMMM i will look into that.. in other news Fran's resume is all over Monster.com. ahaha
BusterAg
spadilly
S
page 4
The Asset 07
AG
just when I think texags is a waste of time... something like this happens.

"Texags, we know stuff... but only afterwards."
MaroonSpirit
AG
p. 4
eric76
AG
When you're paying someone $2 million a year, you don't even want an appearance of impropriety.
Artimus Gordon
One thing you can say about Fran, he makes questionable decisions both on and off the field. This VIP thing reeks of utter stupidity. Why in the world do you risk such negative exposure for a mere $14,400.00 per year and I don't care if you gave the money to the little sisters of the poor.

It is high time that AD BB closes the book on the Fran era. He is not worth the negative publicity he is bringing down on the program.
koolaid_chugger
Holy Crap
Tailgate88
AG
Brent's Bio:

Brent Zwerneman is a senior sports writer for the San Antonio Express-News, where he covers Texas A&M University and the NFL’s Houston Texans. Zwerneman has previously written “Game of My Life: 25 Stories of Aggies Football” and “More Tales From Aggieland” for Sports Publishing LLC.

He covered the Aggies for four years (from 1995-99) as a columnist for the Bryan-College Station Eagle, winning three Katie Awards from the Press Club of Dallas and two Headliner’s Awards from the Press Club of Austin in that span. Zwerneman has since covered the Dallas Cowboys and helped cover the San Antonio Spurs for the Express-News.

Zwerneman was a first-team all-district basketball player at Class 4A Oak Ridge High School, north of Houston, and he then played college baseball at Sam Houston State University, where he was a pitcher. He also served as editor of the university’s Houstonian newspaper, which won first place in the state under his guidance.

Zwerneman later took a couple of postgraduate classes at A&M, before shelving the ivory tower teachings for book writing in his spare time. Besides covering a couple of Super Bowls and the Olympics, two of Zwerneman’s claims to Aggie fame are playing a little catch in the off-season with John Scheschuk, the 1999 A&M baseball squad’s team captain, and being cousins with former Aggies standout track athlete Rob Graf.
Wheatables02
AG
Wowza! Not Brent's background but the info!
Texas 1836
AG
PAGE 4!!

http://www.wildershow.com/video
Sink Maggots
awesome
gravy97
AG
Fourth Page B's
Post removed:
by user
OrygunAg
AG
History.
EK Gill
It really is crazy that he thought this wasn't going to be a big deal.

[This message has been edited by EK Gill (edited 10/11/2007 11:40a).]
Hobbes01
AG
Way to go Coach!
CU04_
Texags: We Canned Fran
tamuags08
AG
Craziness. This was right on par with AggieGrant.

I freaking love TexAgs.

[This message has been edited by tamuags08 (edited 10/11/2007 12:06p).]
TPS Reports
AG
Holla!
Shiner Bock
this thread should be forwarded to local newspapers as well as espn, so they can see the date and know where it busted

[This message has been edited by AggieJoe08 (edited 10/11/2007 12:10p).]
Redassag94
AG
We need a Hall of Fame threads section...

I am going to start believing everything I read on Texags till somebody proves it wrong.

RedAssAg
Class of '94
I've got my pot and I am banging it... deal with that!!
Scorebook
AG
I thought the poster was a little silly at the time too...good one 97.

When I think of this thread I'll always think "Wreck of the old 97"

[This message has been edited by Scorebook (edited 10/11/2007 12:26p).]
dustinwill
this could end up being an all time great thread....thanks 97
C-2 92
AG
I know I am late to the party but, "Wow!"
mv09
quote:
I am in communication with Brandon and he is sending the information to Coach Fran.

fify
SECTAMU#1
Can't wait until Jeff Tedford gets here.
BOBHICA
AG
Wow...I wonder who the VIP is that sent the newsletter to a friend, who sent it to a friend, who sent it to 97.

Some friendships are going to be seriously tested.
SwampFox
Hahaha I had the first response! And I was a jackass! I'm TexAgs famous now!
aggieswin90
AG

Is his property for sale yet?

4711 COPPERFIELD DR
BRYAN, Texas 77802
RickSawyer
AG
quote:
Brent Zwerneman is a senior sports writer for the San Antonio Express-News

Didn't this story first break in the SA Express news....???????

-Rick
BQ78
AG
Reading e-mail 4, it sounds like 97 (or a friend?) was sent the e-mail by McKenzie to get him interested and then he disclosed it here on Texags or am I reading something wrong? Not cool on 97's part if so.

[This message has been edited by BQ78 (edited 10/11/2007 1:06p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.