Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Roll Call for an incredible man and die hard Ag

9,446 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by Jugstore Cowboy
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some of you older Ags may know him, but we lost a great Aggie and man this Friday. James Giles ("Stormy") Kimrey '58 went to be with his Lord and Savior early this past Friday morning.

About as die-hard of an Aggie as it gets, Stormy not only supported the university and program in every way possible, including serving on the 12th Man Board with TexAgs legend dermdoc, and for decades wouldn't miss an Aggie game whether at home or on the road.

He grew up dreaming of seeing the world and visited over 80 countries with his beautiful wife Pat, his friends, and his family, going to far as:

- Summitting Mt Kilamanjaro with his son Mark while in his 60's
- Bungee Jumlping off Victoria Falls Bridge in his 60's
- Riding in a MIG to see the edge of the atmosphere in his 60's

As much as he loved A&M and traveling the world, nothing compared to the incredible love he had for his wife, his kids, his grandkids and his great grandkids.

You could never meet a person who had a bad thing to say about Stormy, he loved everyone he met and left a lifelong impression.

He always said he wanted to live to see the day his grandsons graduated from A&M, and less than 12 hours after my youngest walked the stage last Thursday, he let go of this world to fall into the loving arms of Jesus.

While he is deeply missed by everyone, the impression he left on this world will live on for generations.

Well done, good and faithful servant.

Here
TAMU74
AG
Here
redjalapeno-87
Well done indeed. Here.
Ag in ATL
AG
Here
Aggie97
AG
Here. May His Memory be Eternal
ftworthag02
AG
Here
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Here.

That is a life lived to the fullest.
#FJB
StinkyPinky
AG
Here
happy days
Here
Ags77
AG
Here
Gigem
Shoefly!
AG
My Sympathies for all Family and Friends. And Gig Em!
GrandStand93
Here
sharpdressedman
Here.
tbone421998
AG
Here
texag_89
(I am sorry Muy as I did not read your entire post before I posted below... So sorry for your loss as I pointed out Kimberly below as I was in school at same time as her)

Yep, as good of an Ag as that ever lived. He always had his room at the old hotel rooms at the end of the MSC open on game weekends and always like to catch up with the current students, especially with those that knew his children and the students from San Angelo.

Here is the company he founded which still is a great firm to this day: http://www.skge.com/

I am sorry for your loss Kimberly and all the Kimery family.

Gig Em Stormy!

Here.

_89
LatinAggie1997
AG
Here
Know Your Enemy
AG
He sent me a handwritten thank you note my first year as a student when I wrote a letter to the Batt defending him and some other old Ags with regards to the Greg Hill scandal and it was published.
SwigAg11
AG
Here
Ranch Dressing
AG
Here, thanks for sharing.
Muy
AG
He was definitely incredible at writing handwritten notes of appreciation and gratitude to many people he came in contact with.
lagoag
Here
strbrst777
So sad. Stormy was a good and outstanding young man; he never changed. I first met Stormy in 1956 in my first week as freshman. I was assigned to B Infantry of the Aggie Cadet Corps. Stormy was a junior and a civil engineering major from San Angelo. I had total respect for him then; that never changed. He had an easy-going disposition and the attitude of a mentor who cared. That describes the Stormy that I knew. After retiring and moving to College Station 20 years ago, I saw him several times at his hospitality suite and at Quarterback Club meetings. He was always welcoming a gracious. Stormy was one of the finest men that I have known.
John W. Welch '60
chick79
AG
Here. I met Stormy about 40 years ago. He was good friends with my in-laws. Definitely a diehard Aggie.
ABATTBQ87
AG
1958 Aggieland

Senior Favorites

BadMoonRisin
AG
Here.

Quote:

He always said he wanted to live to see the day his grandsons graduated from A&M, and less than 12 hours after my youngest walked the stage last Thursday, he let go of this world to fall into the loving arms of Jesus.

What a gift, for all involved. Rest in Peace.
FDT76
AG
Here.
Cool_Hand
AG
Here
Deke
AG
Here
greg
AG
Here
reload85
Here
akm91
AG
Here
Muy
AG
I was hesitant to post since I assume the Ags he knew might not be on the site anymore, but appreciate the words and shared this link with the Kimrey family who I know will love to read them.
2NU
Here
Gordo
AG
Here
dixichkn
AG
Here
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.