Howdy, TexAgs!

We've met a few times now, but in case you're new here or could use a reminder, my name is Chase Colston, and I am a co-owner/promoter of Troubadour Festival, which is coming to Texas A&M's Aggie Park on Saturday, May 18.

I'd love to take this time to personally invite you to the festival, which showcases 35 of the best and most celebrated barbecue joints from all over Texas (thus, the world) and live country music on two stages.

Here's what you can expect at Troubadour Festival:

Sample as much incredible smoked goodness as you can handle from nearly three dozen top-tier Texas barbecue restaurants.

We're bringing in massive names in Texas BBQ, such as Snow's BBQ, InterStellar BBQ, Hutchins BBQ, Dayne's Craft Barbecue, Hurtado Barbecue, and so many more. Twenty of our 35 joints are on the latest Texas Monthly top 50 list, with others earning Honorable Mention, Best New Joint, and other honors along the way.

We've got pitmasters who have been nominated for James Beard Awards, earned big spots on TV shows, and even one of the biggest BBQ brands in the world in Meat Church.

The food is straight up top-level. You'll see the normal staples such as brisket, ribs, and sausage, but we've also seen pitmaster creations such as brisket empanadas, smash burgers, smoked and grilled bone marrow, Old Fashioned-style pork belly burnt ends, and so much more.

Pro-tip: Come hungry, and pace yourself. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Take in live country music on two stages, featuring the hottest names in the scene.

We've got eight bands on tap on two stages, headlined by country music legend Travis Tritt. Tritt's stellar resume includes 41 top 40 singles, including five No. 1 hits, plus 15 top 10 singles, six Platinum (or better) albums, and two GRAMMY Awards.

He's joined by Texas Country legend Pat Green, William Clark Green, the red-hot Red Clay Strays, Cameron Sacky Band, The Lowdown Drifters, Joe Stamm Band, and Mikayla Lane.

Top to bottom we've got huge names and up-and-coming stars. And I'll just say this: If you haven't seen The Red Clay Strays live yet, you've got something coming.

It's just an all-around great day to spend with friends and family at Aggie Park.

We've got everything you need all in one place for a great day at Troubadour Festival. We'll have multiple full bars complete with Shiner and Lone Star Beers, Western Son Vodka, Angel's Envy Bourbon, Bacardi Rum, Cazadores Tequila, Topo Chico Seltzers, and more.

In addition to the barbecue sampling, we'll have a dozen food trucks (way more than last year if you know, you know), awesome local and regional market vendors, and great sponsor experiences from our biggest supporters.

The No. 1 compliment we get as a festival is the vibe we're a chill, laid-back event filled with people who love to spend a Saturday outside with great food, killer music, and cold beer. We love a good party, absolutely, but you're also not coming to a dumpster fire of a festival.

Tickets … and a quick word about us.

VIP tickets have sold out for Troubadour Festival, but we have BBQ & Music and Music tickets still available. BBQ & Music tickets include unlimited samples from all 35 BBQ joints and all the shows on both stages. Music tickets are good for the show on the Wood Stage sponsored by Optimum starting at 4:00 PM: Cameron Sacky Band, Red Clay Strays, William Clark Green, Pat Green, and Travis Tritt.

You can click here to see more about each ticket and buy yours.

I believe in full transparency, so I'm happy to put this out in the open.

When you support this event, you're not giving your hard-earned money to a huge corporate conglomerate or a ticketing company with monstrous fees. You're supporting two best friends of 30-plus years, our families, and the dream of putting on the best barbecue and country music experience we possibly can.

Our ticket prices have been the same for three years. We fight for lower ticketing fees. We know what it's like to be spread thin or face the realities of hard economies.

But if you can make it out this year, let me be the first to say thank you. We're going to bust our ass to give you the best experience possible.

Cheers!
Chase Colston