Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Clemson files suit against the acc.

5,146 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Aggies2009
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit

Welcome to the sec
Ugly
AG
Hope Syracuse, Boston College, Pittsburgh, etc. have secured their spot in the Big12.
Panama Red
AG
No need for that.

Those schools will stick in the ACC.
HoustonAg2106
AG
What leg does Clemson and FSU have to stand on? They signed a contract, how is that not enforceable? I guess they are hoping for a settlement so they just don't have to pay as much for as long as the contract states
Panama Red
AG
Among other things, they are saying that the contract does not say what the media has been portraying to say. One thing is that the ACC does not own their meteorites if they leave the conference.

JWinTX
BMX Bandit said:

Welcome to the sec

No, they won't get into the SEC, as South Carolina is already there and there's a gentleman's agreement to not add another school in a state that already has a SEC team.

I mean, that's what I was always told...
BMX Bandit
here are the legs they are standing on:

the only rights that Clemson transferred to the ACC were the rights to certain games played while Clemson was a member of the ACC and not to any other games, including, but not limited to, games played if and when Clemson is no longer an ACC member

the Withdrawal Penalty of Section 1.4.5. is unconscionable, unenforceable, and void as against public policy

neither Clemson nor any other ACC member owes any fiduciary duties to the ACC
greg.w.h
AG
BMX Bandit said:

here are the legs they are standing on:

the only rights that Clemson transferred to the ACC were the rights to certain games played while Clemson was a member of the ACC and not to any other games, including, but not limited to, games played if and when Clemson is no longer an ACC member

the Withdrawal Penalty of Section 1.4.5. is unconscionable, unenforceable, and void as against public policy

neither Clemson nor any other ACC member owes any fiduciary duties to the ACC
So the Grant of Rights was a fable concocted* by ACC members to get more money…
BillgoCU
Clemson also pointed out they have never authorized the ACC to sue FSU, which seems reasonable given the two are in the same boat.

As an aside, the Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville market was in the top ten in viewership amongst ESPN and ABC college football broadcasts all last year, so there may be some incentive to have/keep Clemson by ESPN/SEC (as opposed to potentially losing that market to B1G carriers)

TBD
Faustus
Panama Red said:

Among other things, they are saying that the contract does not say what the media has been portraying to say. One thing is that the ACC does not own their meteorites if they leave the conference.

Good luck trying to divest those schools of their space junk if they abscond.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Seems like it is just a matter of time (a few years at most) until Clemson, FSU, and a few others will be in the SEC.
HowdyGetRowdy409
JWinTX said:

BMX Bandit said:

Welcome to the sec

No, they won't get into the SEC, as South Carolina is already there and there's a gentleman's agreement to not add another school in a state that already has a SEC team.

Always watch out for the team in Orange. They are sneaky.
BQ_90
AG
I never thought that in all this realignment the B12 would come out ahead of ACC and PAC12
annie88
AG
whoop1995
AG
HowdyGetRowdy409 said:

JWinTX said:

BMX Bandit said:

Welcome to the sec

Always watch out for the team in Orange. They are sneaky.
Besides the one in Texas just wait till the other oranges join like clemson, and okie state

Interesting but incorrect at times article about orange teams
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/orange-college-football-teams-are-having-a-moment/

No maroon mentioned when A&M won a national championship
I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1980-1981, 1983-1984, 1990, 2004, 2008, 2010
el_guapo
Panama Red said:

What kind of country do we live in if we can't own our meteorites?
greg.w.h
AG
el_guapo said:

Panama Red said:

The Arrow and the Song
BY HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW
I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend
45-70Ag
AG
Sisyphus
el_guapo said:

Panama Red said:

The ACC contract is meaty. But the SEC rights are meteor
Panama Red
AG
Faustus said:

Panama Red said:

Good luck trying to divest those schools of their space junk if they abscond.

Well done.
Know Your Enemy
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

What leg does Clemson and FSU have to stand on? They signed a contract, how is that not enforceable? I guess they are hoping for a settlement so they just don't have to pay as much for as long as the contract states

They were drunk when they signed it.
BMX Bandit
UNC on deck

Krautag81
I use to think that as well.
GinMan
AG
JWinTX said:

BMX Bandit said:

Welcome to the sec

Aggies2009
AG
Bring em into the SEC. Screw usce
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.