Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Manziel to Jets

17,901 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Lateralus Ag
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rudder2020 said:

It amazes me that you call yourself an Aggie. REAL AGGIES stand with Ags. REAL AGGIES don't put down their brothers. REAL AGGIES support people through tough times. Manziel may not ever play in the NFL again, but he could. It is not our job to say what he can do. Johnny F'ing Football is capable of anything he puts his mind to. Who's with me? Gig'em Johnny.

Aggie Class of 2024
says the poster who hasn't even attended A&M?
Claud
Browns last 2 seasons:
With JFF starting 2-4
All other QB starters 1-16

Many of you are dead wrong...JFF will play in the nfl again. Mark my words.
oysterbayAG
AG
His 4 game suspension is over and Johnny is ready to start galloping like an untethered colt over stressing the cardiovascular systems of the NFL's greatest defenders again !
TexAgs91
AG
flintdragon said:

DallasAg 94 said:

samin23 said:

Johnny in New York doesn't seem like a good off-field choice
I agree. I think the Las Vegas Raiders would be a much better choice.
Cleveland wasn't good either...

What kind of city can he flourish in?
College Station. But he couldn't wait to get out of that town.
oysterbayAG
AG
Johnny Manziel becoming the new Broadway Joe in the Big Apple would be the greatest sports hype in recent history ! It could rescue the declining NFL TV Ratings !
S.A. Aggie
AG
Johnny may play in the CFL or Arena Football but he has torched his bridges in the NFL. Too may QB's coming out of college offering more maturity and professionalism than any "game" that Johnny may possess anymore. He coked away his body, talents and brain matter too much to ever again be considered as a backup for any NFL team.
gopitt
It amazes me that Ags will support a guy who has brought more shame than fame to A&M. He's a druggie/alcoholic who has embarrassed himself on numerous occasions. An extremely talented guy who can't grow up. He is done and he will never play football again anywhere. Total jerk.
B/CS Dreaming
AG
Post removed:
by user
45-70Ag
AG
There's two places where the idea of Manziel playing in the NFL could still happen.

Manziels head
Texags

It's a shame and a what could have been but its over. Hopefully he overcomes whatever his issues are.
TxAg76
AG
TexAgs91 said:

flintdragon said:

DallasAg 94 said:

samin23 said:

Johnny in New York doesn't seem like a good off-field choice
I agree. I think the Las Vegas Raiders would be a much better choice.
Cleveland wasn't good either...

What kind of city can he flourish in?
College Station. But he couldn't wait to get out of that town.

Any teams in Amish country?
zephyr88
AG
S.A. Aggie said:

Johnny may play in the CFL or Arena Football but he has torched his bridges in the NFL. Too may QB's coming out of college offering more maturity and professionalism than any "game" that Johnny may possess anymore. He coked away his body, talents and brain matter too much to ever again be considered as a backup for any NFL team.
This is true. There's a small window of time for all players. Even a smaller window for those that have baggage.

For a while, I though Jerry never get over not drafting Johnny... until he realized what he has in Dak.
No Spin Ag
RecklessAg said:

Johnny is an addict, until he fixes that he has no shot anywhere. This is not speculation.
This to infinity and beyond. And with every passing year he'll become more of a Toombs than anything else, save with a Heisman and a stadium that he helped build.
RecklessAg
AG
Edmond Dantes said:

Quote:

Johnny is an addict, until he fixes that he has no shot anywhere. This is not speculation.
What? Of course you're being speculative. You've probably never even met the guy. Its the definition of speculation.

It's not speculation (like I said in my OP, but reading comprehension is hard for some), I'll leave it at that. I hope he can get it together.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Quote:

It's not speculation (like I said in my OP, but reading comprehension is hard for some), I'll leave it at that. I hope he can get it together.
I dont think you know what speculation means, because your statement is the definition of speculation. You cant just say "no its not" and expect other people to proceed on your premise. Not even saying your speculation is wrong, but its something you just made up.

You have no idea if this stranger is an addict. you have no idea if an NFL team would take a chance on him. You're pretending to have knowledge that you dont.
bluecouchstudios
AG
Edmond Dantes said:

Quote:

I dont think you know what speculation means, because your statement is the definition of speculation. You cant just say "no its not" and expect other people to proceed on your premise. Not even saying your speculation is wrong, but its something you just made up.

You have no idea if this stranger is an addict. you have no idea if an NFL team would take a chance on him. You're pretending to have knowledge that you dont.
How do you know RecklessAg doesn't know Johnny personally?
RecklessAg
AG
Edmond Dantes said:

Quote:

You don't have to believe me. I don't post alot, but I have no reason to come on a message board and lie about 1st hand information.

I have no idea if an NFL team would take a shot, but I speculate they wouldn't.
HoustonAg2106
AG
AggieOO said:

rudder2020 said:

It amazes me that you call yourself an Aggie. REAL AGGIES stand with Ags. REAL AGGIES don't put down their brothers. REAL AGGIES support people through tough times. Manziel may not ever play in the NFL again, but he could. It is not our job to say what he can do. Johnny F'ing Football is capable of anything he puts his mind to. Who's with me? Gig'em Johnny.

Aggie Class of 2024
says the poster who hasn't even attended A&M?
Says the poster who is a freshman in high school and probably more mature than Johnny Manziel.
clegg05
AG
rudder2020 said:

Aggie Class of 2024
Assuming this is satire
SeattleAgJr
clegg05 said:

rudder2020 said:

Aggie Class of 2024
Assuming this is satire
it is always a fine line between satire and idiocy.

just always assume idiocy.
Claud
gopitt said:

It amazes me that Ags will support a guy who has brought more shame than fame to A&M. He's a druggie/alcoholic who has embarrassed himself on numerous occasions. An extremely talented guy who can't grow up. He is done and he will never play football again anywhere. Total jerk.
More shame than fame???

Give me a break...You and Pitt's fan base would be absolutely thrilled to get a player like JFF.
Claud
gopitt said:

It amazes me that a Pitt fan, the same group of fans that still idolize Tony Dorsett, would even dare make the comments that you made.

Taken from Tony Dorsett - Life in the Fast Lane

"Dorsett, living in the limelight, decided to take full advantage of his status as a superstar. The same explosive personality that drove him on the field also characterized his life off the field. He became notorious for his extravagant and frequent parties. He frequented the local clubs, and more than once became involved in a scuffle. He lived the high life, filled with women, alcohol, and plenty good times."

"Because of his wild lifestyle and unproven, but widely rumored, drug use, Dorsett secured few endorsement deals to supplement his player's pay check."

PatAg
AG
Old School Wrecking Crew said:

The idiot who wrote that should be fired. There is absolutely not one scenario conceiveable that would result in JFF being back in the NFL. He is done. For life. End story.

If someone was dumb enough to write your post as an article, they would also deserve to be fired
grl38
AG
afraid it too late for JFF's professional sport career!!
oysterbayAG
AG
When you are 23, it's never too late !!!
SassyAggie10
Jff in New York
FishingAggie
rudder2020 said:

Aggie Class of 2024

I'm with you. JFF helped our university tremendously. I'm not disappointed with his pro career. I never thought he'd make it as a pro anyway. His doctor told me he'd never be great in the pro's due to his size.

I am disappointed with his choices after college. However, he is an Aggie and I support him. I support all Aggies and the Aggie network is phenomenal. It's (in my opinion) the greatest network on earth.

You'll be an Aggie someday. I'll support you. Remember this is the zoo. There's not a lot of rational thoughts in here barring a few. The zoo does not represent Texas A&M. It's a forum. That's all. Get to campus. You'll love it. You'll just come here to vent lol

Gig em
Lateralus Ag
AG
I love the outrage at people saying Manziel has been stupid since the draft.

Doesn't mean those folks don't support Manziel. Doesn't mean they are bad Ags.

From what i have seen, he has made decisions i think are dumb, but i don't begrudge him his choices. He did not choose the way I hope I would if in his place. But at the same time, I am still proud he is an Aggie and I will always hope he does well.

But some folks think he wasted a lot of potential. They are entitled to that opinion, and it doesn't make them bad Ags.

Save your outrage for something worth being outraged about. People calling JFF a dbag for making stupid decisions is not one of them.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.