Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What two OL issues was Sumlin talking about?

11,001 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MB19
daryl gersch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wasn't McCoy the backup to center last year? Wasn't he snapping the ball all last year also. At least in practice against the #1 D unit? IMHO. He won't get it now. He has been off on his snaps from the beginning with UCLA. I hope JT knows what the secondary plan is at center. The QB has too much on his plate to worry about the snaps. Do we have another center?
MooreTrucker
AG
daryl gersch said:

Wasn't McCoy the backup to center last year? Wasn't he snapping the ball all last year also. At least in practice against the #1 D unit? IMHO. He won't get it now. He has been off on his snaps from the beginning with UCLA. I hope JT knows what the secondary plan is at center. The QB has too much on his plate to worry about the snaps. Do we have another center?
Do you honestly think that if Turner thought he needed a different center that he wouldn't have him in there already? As has been said, McCoy's other assets are pretty good, such that no change is deemed necessary.
Ribby P
AG
Maybe one of the two things were the OL tipping off plays...

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/texas-am-ol-tipped-plays-to-alabama-defense/
HBCanine08
AG
Ribby P said:

Maybe one of the two things were the OL tipping off plays...

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/texas-am-ol-tipped-plays-to-alabama-defense/
pinche gringo
AG
Rocco S said:

Asking a true freshman to block Jonathan Allen was a ridiculous plan, but not sure how we could've avoided that matchup.

Hold him. Just like how everyone we play does to Garrett.
Meximan
Signel said:

Quote:

1) The guards can't block
That is unfair... hasn't been an OL this year that has blocked bama better.
Putting a foot in the thread's proverbial door to bring this back up; has there been any analysis on this? Did A&M actually block Alabama better than anyone else has all year long?

PFF probably can figure this out, but I'm asking sincerely. It is a good point to discuss, and a positive to take away if true.
Mark Fairchild
AG
You deserve a blue star!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
MB19
AG
daryl gersch said:

McCoy redshirted last season. This is his first season as a center "for real" if you will. He has the talent, just not the experience. He is a young player, and I just wonder if he isn't over thinking all of his assignments. The consequence is some of his snaps just aren't good.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.