Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hall & Garrett sacks empty

5,687 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tamu_mgm
Claud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of the best DE tandems in college football and one of the best tandems A&M has had at that position. I am so glad these guys wear the A&M uniform.

I know they have both been banged up recently but I must admit that I am disappointed that this tandem had 0 sacks against Bama this year against a true Freshman QB. And in their entire career they have only combined for 2 sacks against Bama.

On the flip side, one of Bama's top D-lineman, Jonathan Allen, has a career 4.5 sacks against A&M more than doubling Hall/Garrett combined. And we also all saw him rumble for a scoop and score.

Must be nice to have such a big, talented and deep O & D line as Bama does. Skill players are nice but Bama dominates the trenches. They can even win with a true Freshman QB who can't pass all that great.

bennyboobooboo
AG
You're sad that we didn't get any sacks against a QB that mainly runs zone-read and barely stays in the pocket?

I don't think you know how football works.
Hu11abaloo
AG
all your posts are sad faces and complaints.

we're 6-1, not entirely out of the playoff, and are approaching the better part of our schedule. lighten up.
Claud
bennyboobooboo said:

You're sad that we didn't get any sacks against a QB that mainly runs zone-read and barely stays in the pocket?

I guess you don't know anything about football stats. Alabama is 53rd in sacks allowed this year. So much for your theory that the QB is never in the pocket. He has been sacked 15 times this year.

Additionally, you think Bama's previous Qbs didn't stay in the pocket either??? I mentioned career sacks too.
Claud
Hu11abaloo said:

we're 6-1, not entirely out of the playoff, and are approaching the better part of our schedule. lighten up.
I guess you haven't looked at my many other positive posts....like when I said we can still make the playoffs.

Might want to check this out...

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2797718

Hu11abaloo
AG
Claud said:

Hu11abaloo said:

I guess you haven't looked at my many other positive posts....like when I said we can still make the playoffs.

Might want to check this out...

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2797718

pardon for not seeing all 27 of your threads today. just start a newsletter like we're all so anxiously waiting for.
45-70Ag
AG
Alabamas left tackle is really good and played a heck of a game against Garrett, just about made him a non factor.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
pretty sure we had a sack in that game, just not from garrett or hall...

It's hard when holding is literally never called anymore in the college game, unless it is full blown tackling by the O lineman. otherwise, pretty much anything goes these days...
tbone421998
AG
Irish_Man said:

Alabamas left tackle is really good and played a heck of a game against Garrett, just about made him a non factor.
Wouldn't say he was a non factor, Mr. Garrett just didn't get any sacks. He still had 3.5 tackles for a loss against Bama. Bama game
94chem
non-factor with 3.5 TFL.
Wooahhhh
AG
thread reads like fifth graders wrote it. again
swc93
AG
claud is a poor poster
Humorous Username
AG
Irish_Man said:

I would be a really great tackle too if I didn't get called for holding or hands to the face.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
bennyboobooboo said:

Sounds like you're describing Knight actually
SARATOGA
Quote:

Must be nice to have such a big, talented and deep O & D line as Bama does. Skill players are nice but Bama dominates the trenches. They can even win with a true Freshman QB who can't pass all that great.

So, you answered your own concern ?!
vander54
S
Irish_Man said:

Funny he didn't get graded well and Garrett was graded at our second best defender in the game.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-texas-am-alabama-grades-tides-pass-rush-shuts-down-aggies/
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

It's hard when holding is literally never called anymore in the college game
Hmm that's odd......seems like I hear our 5 getting called pretty often........
Red Skye
AG
Poor empty.
Tamu_mgm
AG
bennyboobooboo said:

Exactly. Part of the protection scheme against Garrett and Hall was quick throws, zone read, a lot of running the ball, and QB draws / sweeps.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.