Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why is Washington ranked above Texas A&M

15,617 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgPediRPh
AggieCVQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
turboboost said:

Question:
Why is Play Action working for Washington when the running game is non existent?

Is it possible that Stanford D is "not that impressive"?

They're missing starting CBs I believe
turboboost
AG
AggieCVQ said:

turboboost said:

Question:
Why is Play Action working for Washington when the running game is non existent?

Is it possible that Stanford D is "not that impressive"?

They're missing starting CBs I believe
That would explain it. They are passing to open WR at will.
Meximan
biobioprof said:

... bigly ...

marble rye
AG
Bc for the last 2 years we have come out strong and highly ranked and then tanked.
Mr. Black
Wow! U-Dub is killing Stanford!
zephyr88
AG
Stanford is their *****...
mlb87
AG
I think Washington might be better than us -- Browning is killing it.
BassCowboy33
riverrataggie said:

They lose tonight.
turboboost
AG
mlb87 said:

See this is where we always get in trouble with our thinking. If you look at this in a 4D perspective, we have a better d than Stanford. That QB had virtually no stress all night. We wouldn't let that happen.
vonmazor
turboboost said:

mlb87 said:

See this is where we always get in trouble with our thinking. If you look at this in a 4D perspective, we have a better d than Stanford. That QB had virtually no stress all night. We wouldn't let that happen.
Eh.. Stanford is a very talented team. I think their offensive play calling has been their downfall, but Washington has been downright impressive. Rank them above a+m for now.

Plus, Chris Peterson.
biobioprof
Meximan said:

biobioprof said:

... bigly ...

Didn't watch the debate?
Inspector Javert
Well, now this is an awkward thread.
turboboost
AG
vonmazor said:

turboboost said:

mlb87 said:

Eh.. Stanford is a very talented team. I think their offensive play calling has been their downfall, but Washington has been downright impressive. Rank them above a+m for now.

Plus, Chris Peterson.
I partially agree vonmazor,

I think we've had a conglomeration of better wins compared to Washington. I may be wrong, I haven't delved into the supporting opinion here but I think we've played a more challenging schedule than Washington. I also mentioned that Washington has not been exposed yet and Stanford has so question continue to remain. This season can become the premise to justification as to why rankings should not be divulged until the 4th or 5th week of the season.
DropDemNuggetz
AG
Random comment of the day, but I totally forgot Chris Petersen was at U-Dubb now. It would certainly appear to be a re-affirmation that home boy can coach.
turboboost
AG
DropDemNuggetz said:

Random comment of the day, but I totally forgot Chris Petersen was at U-Dubb now. It would certainly appear to be a re-affirmation that home boy can coach.
Yeah, it was only a matter of time before we heard from that program again. If we had that type of patience with K Sumlin, we might start winning a ton of games...wait, we are!
CapCityAg89
AG
rljtamu said:

Washington has played 3 patsies and took OT to beat unranked Arizona ... while A&M has beat ranked UCLA and Arkansas pluse Auburn. So why are they ranked above us?

'Cause we're soft as tissue paper.
The Debt
rljtamu said:

... while A&M has beat ranked UCLA and Arkansas pluse Auburn.

Oh we pulsed auburn
force_upon_you
riverrataggie said:

They lose tonight.
they won bro. they won.
ScottishFire
AG
King
AG
riverrataggie said:

They lose tonight.
oops
Kemo Sabe
Wow Stanford was thoroughly anal-lized by UWash. Stanford is out of the running and Christian mccafreys heisman campaign is now in the toilet. You don't recover From that magnitude of a beatdown.
jdls13
AG
If the last 2 years have taught me anything it's that rankings don't mean **** for us until at least 6 weeks in. I don't care what any other team does. If you handle your business in the SEC you will be in the playoffs
rebelAg02
Pre season rankings are "a bunch of hippy dippy boloney." Unless you re the defending champ, the rest is a waste of time till half way through the season.
riverrataggie
AG
King said:

riverrataggie said:

They lose tonight.
oops

Yeah. Was wrong on that one. Lol.
Allen76
AG
I hate when a Pac 12 team turns out as strong as they are ranked. Pac 12 is generally over-ranked IMO but maybe that is just me. I was with the OP, but after last nights thrashing of Stanford..... WU is legit I think. They stopped McCaffery anyway.

The crazy thing is the three front runners for Heisman before the season started (McCaffery,Watson,Fournette) ...... have all now seemed to have fallen behind Lamar Jackson. At least today we get to see Jackson vs Watson.
JJxvi
AG
Stanford threw for 184 though, that should raise their avergae passing yards per game above 150!
Chickenhawk
riverrataggie said:

They lose tonight.
brotheraggie
Just play the games
aggiehawg
AG
Allen76 said:

I hate when a Pac 12 team turns out as strong as they are ranked. Pac 12 is generally over-ranked IMO but maybe that is just me. I was with the OP, but after last nights thrashing of Stanford..... WU is legit I think. They stopped McCaffery anyway.

The crazy thing is the three front runners for Heisman before the season started (McCaffery,Watson,Fournette) ...... have all now seemed to have fallen behind Lamar Jackson. At least today we get to see Jackson vs Watson.
The Heisman race is wide-open. Fournette likely will drop off as LSU struggles and defenses have the blue print on how to stop him at the LOS.

The head-to-head of Jackson versus Watson will be interesting tonight. My inclination at the moment is that Petrino has Jackson put on a show while his defense confounds Watson. There's a blue print for how to do that, too. (See, Saban, Nick.)
halfastros81
AG
So why the hell is Stanford ranked in front of us!
TexanJeff
AG
jdls13 said:

If the last 25 years have taught me anything it's that rankings don't mean **** for us until at least 6 weeks.

FIFY
AggieRugger04
AG
biobioprof said:

UW winning the trenches on both O and D bigly right now.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.
burlesona
AG
riverrataggie said:

They lose tonight.

Oops.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
riverrataggie said:

They lose tonight.

Good call.
vonmazor
I honestly think that if a&m doesn't allow ucla back in the game, and maintained the two td lead, a&m would be ranked top 7.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.