Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why we will never compete in the SEC.

7,093 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Squadron7
TexanJeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I don't post a lot, but I need to chime in here. Quit trying to make us like everyone else. Being different is what make us great. The towels are much better than Pom poms or cow bells or anything else. Cheerleaders are for high school. I don't mind female yell leaders. We should do that. But no cheerleaders.

10 posts a year... That is not much.

Spreadsheet updated...
Chickenhawk
Slider won the thread.
Deadwood
AG
quote:
Guys who demand 'hot girls' on the sidelines simply can't procure for themselves an enviable date to the game.
News for you - most guys take hot ass wherever they can get it. There's a reason USC cheerleaders are popular and it's not because they lead cheers well.
Greg Costanza
AG
quote:
Cheerleaders are for high school

Weird that every other University has cheerleaders......since they are only for high school.
bluecouchstudios
AG
The whole girls vs yell leaders debate is a non-issue for recruiting or success on the football field. It has no effect whatsoever.

First, we will compete in the SEC this season. Let's chat after the game tonight.

Second, our #1 issue is the pettiness of our boosters and fans. Boosters allow how the team performs or how happy they are with a coach affect how much they "support" recruiting. Meanwhile, the sips are doing the opposite with Strong. If the current coach fails, the next coach will need studs too. We are too petty.

I think we win the SEC this season so this discussion will be irrelevant. Again, let's chat after the game tonight.
BRAVEAG
A&M prides itself on tradition, that's why we all love it. Why would we conform just to fit with norm just because other schools have cheerleaders... cheerleaders are often annoying and no one can make 100,000 people yell louder than the fightin' texas aggie yell leaders. So please respectfully FO
BRAVEAG
I'm actually shocked so many Ags are on the same page of getting rid of the yell leaders. Ol' Army and redass have gone out the window
Titan83
AG
Weird that New Army wants A&M to be just like every other university and high school once they get A&M.

New Army cheerleader lovers: go back home at Christmas break, do not come back for the spring semester, enroll in your local community college, and watch all the high school cheerleaders you want.

Don't worry about everyone else back at Aggieland, they'll figure out how to survive without your sorry ass(es).
Squadron7
AG
Not to not to put a damper on your hottie dance team on the sidelines...but it is 2016.

Which means that 25% of them will be trans.
Woodlands98Ag
AG
Why don't we just start chanting "block that kick" while we are at it. I hate schools that are basically just an extension of high school crap.
Squadron7
AG
The whole military band thing is just sooooooo patriarchal. And alpha.

I say we replace Patton and Noble Men of Kyle with show tunes.
Squadron7
AG
quote:
I'm actually shocked so many Ags are on the same page of getting rid of the yell leaders. Ol' Army and redass have gone out the window

There aren't that many. And what there are come here to TexAgs to talk about it during their periods.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.