Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Josh Walker-No longer with program

10,249 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jamag87
strbrst777
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"These incidents happen with non-athletes and Corps members all the time." All the time? I believe in second chances after some offences, but seriously doubt if JW makes it back in view of the focus on domviolence by athletes in the NFL and colleges. But "a second chance" for one is "no chance" for another. I refer to the numbers limits on athletic teams. Players are been kicked off teams for all kinds of reasons, i.e. scholarships not renewed. The JW situation is sad. He has nobody to blame but himself. Where will he end up? Have no idea.
cap9059
AG
quote:
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-a-m-lb-suspended-returns-home-after-domestic-violence-charge/

Woman Beating LB...don't want to keep one around....
FIFY
nomadic_ag
AG
He'll do well at Baylol
force_upon_you
quote:
quote:
Just posting to say it appears I was wrong. Unfortunate situation. Guy deserved what happened.
same, I assume this means the AD has more information on the situation than what is public.

Good riddance dude.

Hope the mother has a fully recovery physically and emotionally.
I applaud you for admitting that you were wrong. Not many people can do that. You argued with me for a long time about the situation, but in the end I was correct in what needed to be done.

You would do well to be more accepting of my logic in the future.
W
AG
just to clarify...

Sumlin can kick a player off the team / out of the program...

but he can't kick someone out of school --- right?

this was Walker's decision to sit out the semester / drop-out
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Looks like the tone has changed on this thread, compared to the last....

Glad to see it.

Gig'Em
dcAg
Looks like he could go right to OU and be welcome.
fessparker
AG
In spite of the perception that Sumlin has no control over anything, he does demonstrate a tremendous amount of control over how he addresses the personal failures of his players with the press. He states the status of the player and moves on. I love it. He does not get out the bus to make numerous passes back and forth to satisfy the press morbid interest or make himself feel better.

Coach seems genuinely interested in helping the young men he leads become better men (Johnny being the exception that proves the rule). Again, I love it.

Though I have no direct knowledge, I am confident every player knows the hard boundaries. Just as every Air Force Officer knows that (among other things) driving up to the front gate drunk is a career ending event, I have little doubt the players know certain choices will be grounds for harsh action. As stated by others, Sumlin and his staff's initial handling of this difficult situation is to be applauded.

Let us not forget once an Aggie always an Aggie. Here's to hoping Josh can do the hard work to recover from this terrible choice. Here's to reminding Josh that his future is not completely defined by this action but makes some of his dreams a much more difficult hill to climb. Why not us fellow Ags holding full shovels refrain from throwing dirt on Josh's grave just yet? To quote Monty Python, Josh would likely be inclined to say, "I'm not dead yet."

As to his GF and daughter, praying for complete physical and emotional healing.
sharpdressedman
quote:
Just posting to say it appears I was wrong. Unfortunate situation. Guy deserved what happened.
Underrated post. I appreciate her candid, to-the-point comments, and her willingness to admit error.
John Dutton
AG
How exactly, does Monarch's post, deem him/her to be a "total racist?" Everything that was stated, is fact. Race has nothing to do with this situation, and through out the most over used term in the last 8yrs... "Racist"
BJC
AG
quote:
Idiot fool; don't need him on the team...nor in school. Now that you messed up your life and the ones supposedly the closest to you, go play at Alcorn or Southern. What an idiot...you just pissed away the biggest opportunity in your life.
monarch,

"go play at Alcorn or Southern"

Really? You sound like an utter ignoramus...

For your information Alcorn St. and Southern are both HBCU institutions that play Division I football as well, they are both in the SWAC along with Prairie View A&M (the other Division I football institution in the TAMUS). Pending the outcome of the investigation of the alleged domestic abuse, he is presumed INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY; in the meantime his chances of going to any other institution to play football and/or attend as a regular student are also in doubt.

...and we Ags wonder why have a reputation for being "narrow-minded" with "biased" folks like monarch.
BJC
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
Ragoo
AG
quote:
just to clarify...

Sumlin can kick a player off the team / out of the program...

but he can't kick someone out of school --- right?

this was Walker's decision to sit out the semester / drop-out
I doubt the truth will ever be revealed. He may have been forced out by the administration or chose to withdraw on his own.
BJC
AG
quote:
Total racist? BS. A realist? Yes.

Kids who pull stuff like Walker did, if they never return to TAMU, end up at a place like TSU, Southern or some other SWAC school. Some end up at Lamar or McNeese. They mess up a chance to get one hell of an education, play games on national TV in front of crowds over 90-100000 every week and make a good name for themselves at a great school for a great program. Now, you might be getting the opposite: crowds of maybe 10-12000/game, old stadiums, no TV and a suspect, at best, education. If this plays out and Walker never comes back to TAMU, do you really think he will play for a top flight D-1 program? No way- no HC in his right mind will touch him.

White skin, black skin, yellow or green- Walker really messed up his future. My concern now is that his daughter and his girlfriend are safe and frankly, I don't think you will see him in a maroon uni playing at Kyle Field again.

monarch,

Again you sound like an ignoramus; there are now a total of 20 Division I football teams in Texas: 12 in Division I-FBS and eight in Division I-FCS.

Due to the changing college football landscape, nowadays in order to go to the NFL/CFL you do not have to go to a Division I-FBS P5 program; there are many recruits who are going to Division I-FBS G5 programs and they do fine. Also some recruits are eschewing Division I-FBS programs altogether and are opting to go to Division I-FCS programs to play more and still make it to the pros.

The days of having a big-name are slowly but surely winding down...Two seasons ago Baylor and TCU won the Big XII and made a NY6 bowl and last season UH won the AAC and won their NY6 bowl. SHSU has been a Division I-FCS playoff participant for the past five seasons and Prairie View A&M, a Division I-FCS program in the SWAC, who abstains from the Division I-FCS playoffs, is a contender this year for the SWAC title and the auto-bid to the Celebration Bowl against the MEAC champion.

Again, stop being ignorant...
BJC
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
jamag87
"kicked off the team by Sumlin"

C'mon man, give JW a little of the credit for that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.