Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field Concessions Sales

8,295 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by crunchyo
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It always looks like an organization is volunteering in Kyle Field. Whether it be working behind the counter or participating in Kyle Field Sunday clean-up. If i recall correctly, it was about a 250-500 dollar donation given to your organization for working. I'm assuming it's all un taxed and not reported, so the AD is getting a great deal as it is dirt cheap labor and keeps everything off the books.

So why the clear bag policy for more food sales? Are we having trouble somewhere?

The Collective
AG
Doesn't Levy staff the concession stands? Still, I'm sure the deal was made with the worker assumption built into it... and perhaps Levy has asked our AD to tighten down on the rules of what can come into the game.
YankAg13
AG
The clear bag policy is primarily for safety, not to prevent outside food. They always had gate workers check bags, now the thinking is that that can be avoided, speeding up entry.
champagnepapi
quote:
The clear bag policy is primarily for safety, not to prevent outside food. They always had gate workers check bags, now the thinking is that that can be avoided, speeding up entry.

And I hear ya. But I bet we are still getting wanded and checked at the gate. It's hard to believe that the transparency of a bag will stop someone from wrapping a weapon in a towel or shirt or something....
chipotle
quote:
The clear bag policy is primarily for safety

YankAg13
AG
You may be right, but it's a lot easier to conceal food. This is just my opinion, but I personally doubt there's much concern about outside food being snuck into Kyle, and this won't do a lot to prevent it. This is just an exact copy of the existing NFL policy, so maybe someone there was worried about concessions sales, but again they claim it's about safety.
champagnepapi
chipotle
I'm going to get one of those clear bags and empty my junk drawer into it. Taking it to every game.
The Collective
AG
I agree for the most part on the clear bag policy; it's a CYA. They don't want to have an incident occur at Kyle Field and have lower security measures than other large venues.
sleepybeagle
AG
When did everything become so unsafe?
Cancelled
AG
quote:
When did everything become so unsafe?

When did everything have to be safe?
champagnepapi
Are these clear enough?

agnerd
AG
quote:
The clear bag policy is primarily for THE ILLUSION OF safety, not to prevent outside food.
FIFY
Terrorist that wanted to do harm would just terrorize the thousands of people trying to get into the stadium just like they've done at non-secure areas like airport ticketing areas.
Ag13
AG
lol at thinking this is to increase safety
AggsRule
You are correct, they are creating a worse situation by creating long lines to enter the stadium, if you ever go to a Texans game and wait until 15 min before entering the stadium, you can see this.
AggieHaylea13
AG
I get the whole bag uproar for those needing baby supplies or the elderly, but I am a 28 year old female and I NEVER take my purse into games. All I need is my debit card, car keys, cell phone, and water. If I need tampons I buy the travel size and put them in my pocket. So why are all these dudes whining? What is so important that you can't be without it for a football game?
MouthBQ98
AG
They know they'll have to wear cargo shorts to smuggle in their booze.
Ags06Win
AG
Concessions... We buy one take home cup per year.... Souvenir!

Otherwise... they are ridiculous!
DogCo84
AG
Vanderbilt banned ALL bags at last year's game in Nashville. Claimed that no stadium allowed bags any more. I politely pointed out that Kyle (and the NFL) allowed bags. It was damn cold that game and all I had in the bag was extra clothing, a pair of binos and a camera. I was damn near run off by the campus cops/security for even arguing with them about it.
Gone Camping
AG
Concessions stands are primarily staffed by volunteers. I know the stand behind the band is run by boy scouts and the mirror stand at the south end behind the old visitor section is run by 4H. Those two stands will probably never look like the one pictured above. All the volunteer groups work off of a commission on sales and those two in particular have folks working who have been running stands in Kyle for years. There are a few other experienced groups around Kyle as well and some newcomers who are really busting it. Find a group you want to support and that works hard and spend your money in their stands. They will appreciate it!

Now back to the regularly scheduled clear bag complaints...
Lone Stranger
On a similar note, those high school age looking kids at the gates directing you and scanning tickets are typically high school kids. A&M pays student councils, classes, etc $40/head per game to supply that labor. The stories they tell after games about drunk college kids trying to get in, what they try to bring in and what they just toss in the trash so they can go in without going back to the car/dorm are hilarious.

The homecoming dances, class bank accounts etc at most of the local schools are partially funded by all those high school kids scanning tickets. They also can enter the game when they are done working.

Unrelated Side Story; My kid and several friends didn't want to stick around for the Nevada game last year so I picked them up in front of the parking garage by the rec center and across the road from Kyle. I pull up and the yahoos are roaming/sampling tailgate cuisine from everyone that left stuff out and went to the game. Damn kids.......
Aggie Infantry
AG
force_upon_you
quote:
On a similar note, those high school age looking kids at the gates directing you and scanning tickets are typically high school kids. A&M pays student councils, classes, etc $40/head per game to supply that labor. The stories they tell after games about drunk college kids trying to get in, what they try to bring in and what they just toss in the trash so they can go in without going back to the car/dorm are hilarious.

The homecoming dances, class bank accounts etc at most of the local schools are partially funded by all those high school kids scanning tickets. They also can enter the game when they are done working.

Unrelated Side Story; My kid and several friends didn't want to stick around for the Nevada game last year so I picked them up in front of the parking garage by the rec center and across the road from Kyle. I pull up and the yahoos are roaming/sampling tailgate cuisine from everyone that left stuff out and went to the game. Damn kids.......
Your kids should be beaten and whipped. That will teach them respect.
steadfasttuna
AG
quote:
Concessions stands are primarily staffed by volunteers. I know the stand behind the band is run by boy scouts and the mirror stand at the south end behind the old visitor section is run by 4H. Those two stands will probably never look like the one pictured above. All the volunteer groups work off of a commission on sales and those two in particular have folks working who have been running stands in Kyle for years. There are a few other experienced groups around Kyle as well and some newcomers who are really busting it. Find a group you want to support and that works hard and spend your money in their stands. They will appreciate it!

Now back to the regularly scheduled clear bag complaints...

Might get banned for this but I avoid the ones clearly staffed by international student groups. I have yet to get satisfactory service from those types of groups.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Three bags? You moving in or going to a football game?

Do you even go to games or just complain on about stuff on line?

force_upon_you
quote:
I get the whole bag uproar for those needing baby supplies or the elderly, but I am a 28 year old female and I NEVER take my purse into games. All I need is my debit card, car keys, cell phone, and water. If I need tampons I buy the travel size and put them in my pocket. So why are all these dudes whining? What is so important that you can't be without it for a football game?

Gonna need to pull Rule 1 on you. Anything in a dress or perhaps gameday attire will do.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:

Can we at least stop butchering this quote?

You've misquoted him, and it doesn't really mean what you think it means.

Texags in its infinite intelligence does this about once a week.

champagnepapi
quote:

How you going to put all that in your gameday dress?
VanZandt92
quote:
I'm going to get one of those clear bags and empty my junk drawer into it. Taking it to every game.
AggieHaylea13
AG
quote:
quote:

Gonna need to pull Rule 1 on you. Anything in a dress or perhaps gameday attire will do.
There's one on the GB!
champagnepapi
Ya don't say?
crunchyo
quote:

Booze? Duh.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.