Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bishop Gorman vs Cedar Hill this Saturday

52,790 Views | 411 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PhatMack19
retribution_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Signing off. Night, y'all.

Less than one week till we BHTO UCLA.

SEE YOU THERE.
I won't be there, but good night though.

And strangely, I just want to say, I love you.

TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Folks aren't going to like that one...

That punk kid just doesn't know when to shut his damn mouth.
If you're like me, or Martell, and beat a team from another state in a game, you probably said something similar.

He's excited he won a game that clearly lots of people cared a lot about.

Y'all gotta take those sticks out of your asscracks.
MorgansPoint
AG
Lol
Texags is garbage
It was kind of entertaining reading through this thread seeing a handful of people thinking that a Texas HS power got exposed by 'some HS in Nevada'.
Tango Mike
Holy **** this thread is full of losers. Trowlan might be the worst
BMX Bandit
quote:
I hope Cedar Hill rolls their ass. He needs to be put in his place, and realize that his bullsh*t Las Vegas team is no match for real TX high school football.
Right Rigger
I feel dumb. I didn't know Bishop Gorman was able to recruit players from all over. Jeeze. Not really a apples to apples team. What if Cedar Hill could pull from all over Texas?
Right Rigger
WTF is happening to HS football??? It costs $70,000 per year to attend IMG?!?!!
bdgol07
AG
What was the tweet?
45-70Ag
AG
This thread. Lol

Most here hoping to see tm get broke in half by real Texas football and instead crushes the competition.

Amazing.
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
WTF is happening to HS football??? It costs $70,000 per year to attend IMG?!?!!

Little league dads will do anything for their Caydynns and Braydynns
Method Man
quote:
What was the tweet?
. . .
One said "TEXAS WHO?" and another "Updated United States Map!" with the pic below.

quote:

la_guns
Bishop Gorman is good about making teams look average. They were hands down the best team in every facet of the game. Size and speed on defense and they have an above avg qb.
Dr Lane Trowlan
quote:
This thread. Lol

Most here hoping to see tm get broke in half by real Texas football and instead crushes the competition.

Amazing.

He didn't crush sh*t. Their O-line & RB did. Tate was off target all night. He finally had a few long runs to pad his stats at the end of the game. His team is good, but forgive me if I'm unimpressed with his QB'ing.
Dr Lane Trowlan
quote:
Holy **** this thread is full of losers. Trowlan might be the worst

GFY.
45-70Ag
AG
I get it

He's no longer an aggie commit and he's the most overrated qb recruit in the last seventy five years.
SigAg6
AG
Tater tot won and earned bragging rights. Let him have his day
Junction1956
quote:
I get it

He's no longer an aggie commit and he's the most overrated qb recruit in the last seventy five years.
An outsiders' viewpoint.

Martell is not a D1 QB. Slot receiver, but not a D1 QB.

Best example would be Manziels' second year in SEC, the conference has enough film for DCs' to game plan. A small QB with speed and an average arm. Difference was his offensive line and Ali Walsh. Walsh will be great at Cal.

Roll Tide
Ragoo
AG
quote:
I get it

he is the #7 dual threat QB, at least that is what they said on the broadcast. . For his level of play last night that doesn't make him overrated.
Credible Source
AG
Cedar Hill is ass, my dude. Their lines got manhandled all night.
45-70Ag
AG
I was being sarcastic.

I think he will end up being very good if he stays with osu.
SoTexAg91
AG
For all those claiming that Texas high school football isn't what everyone says it is: BG recruits from all over the country. They get elite players from many different states. The beast they had on defense, #10, is from Hawaii. Many of their other standout players are hand picked from California.

Cedar Hill players are all from the attendance zone in their district. If BG pulled ONLY from a similar attendance zone around their campus in Las Vegas, certainly their team would be just a bit less impressive.

So to say that Nevada football is much better than Texas football is to completely ignore the facts. What if BG happened to be located in Alaska? Would Alaska high school football be superior to Texas high school football? Of course not.

Sorry to post the obvious but it seems that a lot of folks don't grasp this reality. An elite private school like BG or IMG who recruits from all over the country
cannot be compared to a school whose player pool is limited to their own attendance zone.

It's apples and oranges, my dude.
phillyag92
AG
All star team from Nevada versus one of many good teams from this state. Apples and oranges.
SigAg6
AG
I was only recently aware of these all star teams like IMG and Bishop Gorman. It does t seem fair to put them in the same national ranking as regular public schools. Do these kids live in dorms or does their entire family move so they can go to one of these athletic focused schools?
LSU Baseball Fan
As good as they are, teams like IMG, Monteverde Academy, and Gorman don't impress me much in high school athletics. It's easy to dominate other high schools when you're basically a small college that can recruit elite talent from anywhere.

What impresses me far more are the smaller schools that win because of great teamwork and coaching, not their ability to recruit 4 and 5-star talent. De La Salle in football, St. Anthony's in basketball, and St. Louis Catholic in soccer. In LA, John Curtis is a perennial powerhouse playing in Division 1, despite being a D-3 school based on enrollment. They don't recruit, they're just have incredible coaching and work ethic.
BMX Bandit
John Curtis doesn't recruit?

Can I interest you in buying a bridge?
JCRiley09
AG
Another Nevada team (Liberty Patriots from Henderson, NV) is coming to Austin this Friday to play Westlake
Ragoo
AG
quote:

everything in Louisiana is straight and narrow.
TXAggie2011
AG
Where was all this talk before the game?
AggieDruggist89
AG
quote:

For real...I grew up down the road from JC ... they recruit and it was in the 80's. I don't think they recruited nationally though.
Poodlebrain
quote:
As good as they are, teams like IMG, Monteverde Academy, and Gorman don't impress me much in high school athletics. It's easy to dominate other high schools when you're basically a small college that can recruit elite talent from anywhere.

What impresses me far more are the smaller schools that win because of great teamwork and coaching, not their ability to recruit 4 and 5-star talent. De La Salle in football, St. Anthony's in basketball, and St. Louis Catholic in soccer. In LA, John Curtis is a perennial powerhouse playing in Division 1, despite being a D-3 school based on enrollment. They don't recruit, they're just have incredible coaching and work ethic.
All of the schools you named recruit. They just recruit from smaller geographic areas than Bishop Gorman and IMG. Unlike public school limited to a single district with maybe 150,000 people, they draw from areas with much larger populations. I had two junior high school classmates attend De La Salle way back in the 1970's (De La Salle sports sucked back then). We lived over 25 miles from the school in another county. There weren't/aren't a lot of Catholic schools in the suburbs of the Bay Area. De la Salle is a beneficiary of being one of the few.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
I was only recently aware of these all star teams like IMG and Bishop Gorman. It does t seem fair to put them in the same national ranking as regular public schools. Do these kids live in dorms or does their entire family move so they can go to one of these athletic focused schools?
Bishop Gorman is just a high-powered catholic prep school, they've been around for 60+ years, and works like any of them do. You could apply there to be on their national championship mock trial team all the same.

They're actually under an agreement not to recruit. Do they? Almost certainly.

By all accounts, its a rigorous academic campus. But do they coddle athletes? Probably.

IMG Academy has a global recruiting staff and is a pure athletics academy, with a singular focus on training talented athletes. There, they have dorms for the athletes and a hotel for families that come down.

You just recently heard of IMG because their football team is new. Just 3 or so years old. Its core is really in tennis, soccer, and to host camps throughout the year for professionals to come down and do a little training.

You hear and read different accounts about the academic rigor at IMG. Historically, they focused on online/distance learning because its roots are as a tennis academy and elite tennis players have to travel a lot, around the country and world, as a necessity.

LSU Baseball Fan
quote:

Let me clarify. All private schools have to recruit to some degree to attract students and athletes, but what John Curtis does is nothing like the other schools I mentioned. All of the kids on the Curtis team are from a reasonable driving distance from River Ridge, which is just outside of NOLA, a very talent-rich area. It's not like they recruit tons of kids (or any kids) from out of state or even outside of the NOLA area.

They don't have to. Kids want to go to Curtis. It's a good school, and one of the cheapest Christian private schools in the NOLA area. It's a great alternative for parents that can't afford to send their kid to a Catholic League school like Jesuit or Brother Martin, but doesn't want to send them to one of the awful NOLA public schools if they live in a bad district. I'm not saying Curtis doesn't recruit, but what they do is nothing in comparison to schools like Gorman. Teams like John Curtis and De La Salle were great programs way before money changed the game in high school football. Curtis has been good since their second ever season in 1970. They'd easily have like 35-40 LA state titles if other coaches didn't complain and force them to play up several divisions, and they often still win. Just a remarkable program with incredible coaching.

Curtis also has the unique advantage of being a K-12 school, so J.T. Curtis gets an extra 3-4 years of coaching and weightlifting before many of his players are even in high school. And it's a small school, so he can personally coach all of his players. It's not like a huge 6A Texas school that has separate coaches for Varsity, JV, Freshmen, and/or middle school teams.
TXAggie2011
AG
FWIW, Bishop Gorman's recruiting isn't near the level of IMG's recruiting. Again, IMG has a global recruiting staff that you can read all about on their website. There whole reason for existing is to find elite athletes and get them to come down and train at IMG so they can tout all the elite athletes that have trained there on their next reruiting visit.

BG is mostly pulling kids from southern Nevada and California and while that's certainly a bigger range than a John Curtis seems to go after, you won't see BG walking out with 17 top-300 recruits. That they had the 3 or 4 big names this year is historically good for BG.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.