Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I rewatched the Arizona St game from last year...

8,268 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by C2 Ag 93
Dr Lane Trowlan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And three things really jumped out to me.

1) Addition by subtraction-Having Kyle Allen, Kyler Murray, & Jake Spavital gone will make us better. I wish them all the best, but I believe our program will be better without them. Spavital actually called a decent game that day, but the management of the QBs, the drama, and just the overall offense and QB play will be better without all 3 of them.

2) Damn, that D-line is legit. Garrett & Hall raised hell that day. Add in Moton, Mack, Zaycoven, Hardreck, Keke, and we have a chance to really have a good defense.

3) Christian Kirk is a freak. He should have a hell of a sophomore season.

Can't wait to open another season by whooping some Pac12 ass!
Mayhaw Jelly
AG
It's worth noting that ASU didn't exactly live up to expectations last year.
TxAg76
AG
Looked good outta the gate....wasn't so much on stamina
Hu11abaloo
AG
Ariz St sucked last year; next thread.
W
AG
there are a lot of similarities between 2015 Arizona State and 2016 UCLA
Sixers_Fan
AG
I feel like one of these threads comes out every week with the same hot takes... as long as they create conversation I guess
mcag83
AG
quote:
I feel like one of these threads comes out every week with the same hot takes... as long as they create conversation I guess

You could amp up the discussion by throwing out your definition of BBQ.
Sixers_Fan
AG
barbecue is when you put meat on the grill (like steaks) instead of cooking them in the oven like you normally would.
Cancelled
AG
What I always enjoy is the media pre-game: ASU is going to dominate TAMU. After: ASU isn't any good this year.

That said, we were an absolute disaster last year.
AgsWin08
Az. St. played Oregon tough so I wouldn't diminish our win.

A Sr. QB, a stable of RBs, top-shelf OL coach, 2-deep D Line will get another 2 wins this year that we could not have counted on last year. Those two wins will be UCLA and Tenn.

Just get ready to get real sick of Rocky Top, although white lightning ain't too bad.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
quote:
Just get ready to get real sick of Rocky Top, although white lightning ain't too bad.

Despite the 2005 Cotton Bowl (worst game day outcome I've ever attended, including the loss to Baylor), Rocky Top is probably my favorite school song outside of anything from Aggieland. Fun to sing and jam to, and if I were a Vol I would have that thing as my ringtone and constantly blasting from my back porch speakers every weekend.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
AgsWin08
^ I agree, Rocky Top is great, but by the 4th Qtr. I was sick of it. Might've been better if we hadn't been taken to the woodshed. During warm up, I could tell Tenn. was a much bigger team and it showed.
Triple-T
AG
BBQ is not the same thing as "Grilling!!!"
Sixers_Fan
AG
I forgot, sorry. You have to put barbecue sauce on your meat while it is being cooked on the grill for it to truly be considered BBQ
1, 2, 3-4-5 Sixers!
Creator of the Rojo Meme Workflow
MaroonStain
AG
Disaster = 8-5?!? What were 2003 and 2008...?
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
The disaster wasnt so much that we were 8-5, it was that we were 8-5 because the coaching staff refused to make any adjustment other than pull quarterback. If we couldnt score with a bubble screen and a bunch of delayed handoffs we didnt score.

"We will evaluate after the season" was a montra, or you know, we could have addressed what was wrong and maybe won a couple more games that season.
Rocco S
quote:
The disaster wasnt so much that we were 8-5, it was that we were 8-5 because the coaching staff refused to make any adjustment other than pull quarterback. If we couldnt score with a bubble screen and a bunch of delayed handoffs we didnt score.

"We will evaluate after the season" was a montra, or you know, we could have addressed what was wrong and maybe won a couple more games that season.
njohn87
AG
quote:

A Sr. QB, a stable of RBs, top-shelf OL coach, 2-deep D Line will get another 2 wins this year that we could not have counted on last year. Those two wins will be UCLA and Tenn.

Oregon wasn't very good last year.
Tango Mike
quote:

This is the weirdest moral victory I've seen on here yet.

A 6-7 team we beat lost to another 9-4 team, so our victory is pretty good!
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:

Nailed it

Sumlin was either clueless or just completely gave up.....

Disgusting
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
& our oline was god awful.... Like div 2 awful.....
MaroonStain
AG
July 25th and The Zoo is picking up steam heading into Fall Camp.
DayAg!
S
Whats entertaining is watching the naysayers come on here and give their opinion of Sumlin should have done this and Sumlin should have done that. We were bad last year, over, and over, and over. When in reality you can tell they know very little about what it takes to be a really good team. So they spew their ignorance and puff out their chest like they know everything it is to know. All the while, they are blissfully clueless about most anything about football other than a win/loss record on paper. Now that's entertaining.
Class of 65
AG
W)hen did Jake leave?
Citizen Reign
quote:
It's worth noting that ASU didn't exactly live up to expectations last year.
That's why A&M ***** slapped them 31-17. A much better showing than Oregon gave ASU.
Mike Elko
AG
quote:
W)hen did Jake leave?
Spav, not Hubes.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
I forgot, sorry. You have to put barbecue sauce on your meat while it is being cooked on the grill for it to truly be considered BBQ
BBQ is slow & smokey. The sauce goes on while you eat it.

Grill=\=BBQ
Yukon Cornelius
AG
rewatched too.. the two quarter back deal was horrible... and we couldnt get any yards on short runs...
Tango Mike
quote:
Whats entertaining is watching the naysayers come on here and give their opinion of Sumlin should have done this and Sumlin should have done that. We were bad last year, over, and over, and over. When in reality you can tell they know very little about what it takes to be a really good team. So they spew their ignorance and puff out their chest like they know everything it is to know. All the while, they are blissfully clueless about most anything about football other than a win/loss record on paper. Now that's entertaining.
Shut up
Sixers_Fan
AG
Why does my grill say "BBQ Grill" on it then???
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:

I know what it takes. More wins than we had. You can church it up all you want, but wins and losses are all that matter. Did you score more than your opponent? Yes or no. If you don't have enough wins to get to Atlanta, then the answer is to score more more while keeping your opponent from scoring as many or more.

Pretty simple actually. You geniuses that try to make it about something other than wins and losses are just looking for moral victories where they don't exist.

But keep tooting your pretentious "I know more than you about football" horn.

It's endlessly entertaining.

Slwdsm
quote:

Because it was made by a Yankee idiot, who like you, knows nothing about how to 'cue.
Speedystooth
AG
I remember wondering what the hell kind of offense is this?
Sixers_Fan
AG
Citizen Reign
quote:
If you're using briquets or gas, you're grilling
Slow cooking (170-190ish) with wood is BBQ.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.