Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Best thing I've read on Baylor

22,283 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GoneForGood
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't normally repost things from premium but Gary79Ag posted this very worthy share.

quote:

Saw this on another board. Worth reading...HS Coach on Art Briles
=======================================================

quote:

"There are endless things to say about the ongoing developments at Baylor, and with many facts still missing, it's hard to say anything utterly definitive, but I felt like it was worth sharing a quote from a former high school football coach that claims to have known Art Briles on a personal level for decades:

'This day has been decades in the making. All the shady, vile, amoral attitude and behavior of Art Briles' "win at any cost" philosophy has finally caught up to him. He's been racking up a debt against Karma for years and now the bill has finally come due. You reap what you sow, Art. You reap what you sow.

This day is for the high school kids you tacitly encouraged to inject poison into their bodies. This day is for the high school kids whom you openly encouraged to play dirty in order to intimidate the opposition. This day is for the high school kids who suffered severe dehydration and needed hospitalization because you prevented air conditioning in the visitor's locker room in order to gain a competitive advantage.

This day is for the high school coaches who had to put up with game film missing entire offensive series of your teams so you'd have a competitive advantage. This day is for the high school coaches who you refused to shake hands with after they upset you and ended your winning streak.

This day is for the college coaches who had to put up with your false allegations of recruiting violations when you didn't get the kid you wanted.

This day is for the college kids who you blocked their transfer when they wanted to be closer to their ailing parents and siblings. This day is for the college kids whom you enabled to continue to do bad things at the expense of learning accountability and integrity so you could continue to win games.

But mostly, this day is for the young women whose lives were destroyed by your lack of morality, humanity, and decency. This day is the end of your career on the sidelines. And if you stop to listen, you can hear above the anguished cries of self-righteous indignation from your cult of Baylor fans in Waco the sweet, melodious chorus of justice from heaven's angels. May their anthems ring in your ears for eternity.'

So with that, to all the Baylor people that continue to blindly defend Art Briles, I say shame on you. And to all the Baylor fans that are patting themselves on the back and self-congratulating Baylor for "doing the right thing," shame on you too.

The right thing to do was to fire Briles last August when this dumpster fire of pure evil finally came to light. Instead, Baylor and its fans chose to defend Briles at the most disgusting levels. They screamed that this was all a conspiracy and that people were just jealous of their success. Well guess what Baylor? The only conspiracy were the sickos at your "Christian" school going to criminal lengths to cover up rape.

As it appears, the Baylor Board of Regents only fired Briles because Ken Starr threatened, and still does, to go public with what the external investigation found. Starr refused to be a scapegoat, leaked that he told the regents to release the full external report, and left the regents no choice but to fire Art Briles.

Just a few days ago, after getting the Pepper Hamilton external report, the regents were planning on canning Starr and doing everything they could to keep Briles. So now Baylor wants people to celebrate them for making the hard decision and "doing the right thing" after actively harboring a Rape Enabler for years?

Give me a break Baylor. You didn't chose to "do the right thing." You were pinned into a corner and forced to."

RAB83
AG
Thanks Talon. This feels true. Personally I was shocked when they fired Briles. I never expected them to do what is right. And having made that step, I'm wondering why no one else has been fired. Now it makes sense.
45-70Ag
AG
I have no idea what's true or what isn't. But briles and tbe Baylor leadership are terrible people.

Whatever is in the unreleased report must be god awful
SECond2noneAgs
AG
Briles & Baylor are all sorts of ****ed up
DallasAg10
AG
Thanks for sharing this with us lolpoors. The ESPN 30 for 30 on this should be called "House of Cards".
agfan2013
AG
Good quote, but it could have used a few less "this day is for..." In there. We got the point after the first 3 or 4.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
Good quote, but it could have used a few less "this day is for..." In there. We got the point after the first 3 or 4.

But that's kind of the point. It's overwhelming what a piece of **** Briles had been his entire career.
Talon2DSO
AG
Wouldn't it be great if that was a full page ad in the Waco paper?
RockOn
I doubt that was written by "some coach". Sounds like it could have been written by any internet fan who's kept up with the stories for a few years.

And what coach uses the word "whom"
TMartin
Well, Baylor is still in the Big 12 and that has always been the goal.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Isn't Briles the one whose parents were killed in a car accident when he was in college?

It's almost as if he used the sympathy people have about that tragedy to get them to overlook what a slime bucket he is.
Mike Elko
AG
quote:
Wouldn't it be great if that was a full page ad in the Waco paper?
Sounds like a TexAgs challenge! I'm sure the funding is possible...
Mike Elko
AG
Oh, and F Briles and Baylor!
Frisco - Ag
AG
Truth
AgDotCom

Briles' reaction to this post:

JA83
AG
quote:
And what coach uses the word "whom"
Funny thought: Mike Sherman was an English major, and is currently a HS coach in Cape Cod...

But, nah, he's too classy to use an anonymous tweet... he'd sign and send a personal letter.
ashley
That wasn't written by a high school coach. It's worthless without a name attached anyway.
VanZandt92
Wow
Talon2DSO
AG
Not so. It has articulated what many in the state have been thinking. As an anonymous posting, it still has value. I'm not sure who wrote it but they did a good job.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Thanks for sharing
FtBendTxAg
AG
Didnt Briles come out with a book a few years back about his personal life and literally every one slobbed his icky wicky over it. Our society all carries pitchforks.

I don't like the dude, so don't get me wrong. But damn.
FtBendTxAg
AG
This was definitely written by an aggie btw.
uneedastraw
His real start was at sweetwater (not counting his first year). Sweetwater was nothing in football and had been nothing for a while. It was thought that "injecting poison" was rampant amongst the football team in the early 80's. sweetwater went from nothing to state champions in less than 5 years thanks in part to the belief of them "Injecting poison". The physical growth of the Freshman to their junior years was extremely noticeable and a major emphasis was put on strength training. The town rallied around the success and the football team was worshiped.

Briles left after 83 but I would guess took what he learned at sweetwater with him and then must have expanded his "competitive advantages" along the way.
chipotle
So this is a quote from a quote from another site about a guy who knew an unnamed coach that kinda knew art? Seems legit.
1996OlAg
AG
WOW!
Agsrback12
quote:
So this is a quote from a quote from another site about a guy who knew an unnamed coach that kinda knew art? Seems legit.

This is so true. Mfbarnes sock for all we know. Internet can skew reality.
DallasAg 94
Sounds like a former coach Briles lost along the way, who followed his successes along the way.

Also, it is hard to believe he had much impact in Sweetwater. His coaching career was an assistant there and he was only there for 4 years... likely only 3 football seasons.

1979: Sundown (Tx) HS - Asst
1980-1983: Sweetwater HS - Asst
1984-1985: Hamlin HS - 27-1-1
1986-1987: Georgetown HS - 4-15-1
1988-1999: Stephenville HS - 135-29-2

Stephenville is where I've heard so many rumors circulate. I'm guessing it is there that the author knew Briles.

Unless of course it was in Georgetown and his 4-15 record was the result of players unwilling to participate in "his ways." My perception is Georgetown is more affluent and players would be more educated and less willing to win at all cost.

In my HS during the '80s, we had lots of players that were believed to use PEDs. They always denied it, but were always quick and educated to dispel any myths or misinformation.
letters at random
I know someone who coached at Stephenville after Briles left, and I've heard for years that he's dirty.
oneeyedag
The on field antics of briles and his players support the assertions of playing dirty to intimidate opposing teams rings true.

Patterson at TCU has made several negative comments regarding briles and his team. As did Michigan State staff and players.

The preponderance of the evidence suggest, at least to me, the piece is probably fairly accurate.
ashley
Go back and read. The guy says Briles prevented air conditioning in the locker room and suffered severe dehydration because.
That absurd and no coach would have written that. Only gullible people that want something to be true would that.
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
Go back and read. The guy says Briles prevented air conditioning in the locker room and suffered severe dehydration because.
That absurd and no coach would have written that. Only gullible people that want something to be true would that.

Hi Ashley Briles.
letters at random
It says he prevented AC in the visiting team's locker room. I have never heard that, but I would not be surprised at all if it were true.
suburban cowboy
AG
Thanks for sharing
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
That wasn't written by a high school coach. It's worthless without a name attached anyway.

I knew as soon as I saw the OP that ashley would come running along to defend Briles and say that no coach would have written that.

You never fail to be the ultimate Dairy Queen groupie.
ashley
I did not defend Briles. I said a coach did not write that article and that it is absurd to think kid suffered dehydration because of an unairconditioned locker room.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.