Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ken Starr out at Baylor?

30,399 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by duffelpud
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chimp is claiming that others will be let go before it gets to Briles. AD will probably be next.
ClassOf17
quote:
I would like to point out that not all Baylor students feel Art should be saved. My sister, who is a Baylor student, wants not only he, Starr, and McCaw fired, but the football program to be eliminated because this scandal has hurt the school's reputation. I have a number of friends who attend Baylor who feel the same way.

For the record, I despise Baylor more than most, but there are some reasonable people at that school too.

Baylor student here.. The entire culture has changed since Briles has begun winning, and not for the better. I hope he is let go, not because I despise him, but for the well being of my colleagues and friends.
PhatMack19
AG
From Chimps source, "We are not going to fire Moses(Art)"
TexAgs1992
Good to call out people you do not know. I can tell you my sister, who was a large Baylor football fan, will not be going to any games until Art is fired. So go on with your absolute statements about rational people who care about their university more than a game. I won't deny a lot will, but the ones I know will not be.
Rossticus
http://m.wacotrib.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-baylor-legal-moves-in-sexual-assault-saga-raise-questions/article_85f17db9-c0c1-5ce7-aa72-7476a95a1040.html?mode=jqm

Funny. For once, Ken Paxton punts to the federal government. You KNOW something greasy is going on whe Paxton cedes state authority on anything. What a spineless *******.
Ag13
AG
Can anybody think of any other instance where something that happens with the football program can reach up high enough to get the president fired, but the football coach gets to keep his job? This is crazy to me if Art isn't shown the door.
Macarthur
quote:
quote:
I would like to point out that not all Baylor students feel Art should be saved. My sister, who is a Baylor student, wants not only he, Starr, and McCaw fired, but the football program to be eliminated because this scandal has hurt the school's reputation. I have a number of friends who attend Baylor who feel the same way.

For the record, I despise Baylor more than most, but there are some reasonable people at that school too.

Baylor student here.. The entire culture has changed since Briles has begun winning, and not for the better. I hope he is let go, not because I despise him, but for the well being of my colleagues and friends.

Interesting. Can you expand on what you mean by the culture changing?
riverrataggie
AG
quote:
Can anybody think of any other instance where something that happens with the football program can reach up high enough to get the president fired, but the football coach gets to keep his job? This is crazy to me if Art isn't shown the door.

Nope. Even penn state fired paterno after he said he would retire. Wasn't good enough. They made a point and cleaned house.
valvemonkey91
AG
quote:

Underrated
vander54
S
quote:
Chip on XM 84 College Sports Radio now saying his sources said its official that Star is out.

Sports illustrated along with several other are reporting it as well.
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
quote:

Nope. Even penn state fired paterno after he said he would retire. Wasn't good enough. They made a point and cleaned house.
That's what I was wondering.

So you are going to fire someone for not investigating sexual misconduct within one department, but you aren't going to fire the head of that department?? Who was responsible for it happening??
The Collective
AG
Instead of choosing who deserves the blame, the Baptists simply took a quick look at the giving statements of all involved and got rid of the person who gave the least. In this case, goodbye Starr.
jb6092
quote:
This goes beyond just the football team. There were sexual assaults that did not involve an athlete that Starr did not take appropriate action on. For sure the majority are football related, but the culture extends beyond that.
Rossticus
Baylor WILL NOT fire Briles voluntarily. It would require intervention by an outside entity to force their hand. They'd sacrifice their own daughters to the football team before they'd cut ties. They've already sold their souls for this. There's no turning back for them. If they cut bait now then all the horrible things they've done have been for nothing and that's irreconcilable to them.
Rutedown
quote:
Instead of choosing who deserves the blame, the Baptists simply took a quick look at the giving statements of all involved and got rid of the person who gave the least. In this case, goodbye Starr.

Except Ken Starr is drawing lots more publicity to this. They really f'd themselves as people who don't know or care about Baylor know the name Ken Starr and what he is being canned for is drawing even more media attention especially during this election period. Any reputation they have left will go down the drain.
vander54
S
quote:
quote:
This goes beyond just the football team. There were sexual assaults that did not involve an athlete that Starr did not take appropriate action on. For sure the majority are football related, but the culture extends beyond that.

And this is why Starr was first. There may be more fired
Gladiator-91
AG
This should be complete house cleaning. Wouldn't surprise me if the NCAA lets players out of their commitments with no 1 year penalty for transferring.
Sid Farkas
AG
Drop dead KStarr and Briles...you'll both be smoking a turd in Pergatory before all's said and done. Lol
Cancelled
AG
My opinion: Baylor thought firing Starr would get them off the hook. However, I think it makes it even more difficult to not fire Briles. They have acknowledged there was a problem, if they don't fire Briles it will look like they are choosing football over the victims. I think the media is going to swarm and Briles will be out.

I really don't have any bias in this matter other than the fact that I hate Baylor more than any other team in the nation.
BOOM15
AG
At baylor, the President will go down before the Head Football coach. Briles could literally shoot someone on 5th avenue..
Cancelled
AG
I went to Baylor fans searching for baptist tears. Guys, we are really lucky to have such a wonderful site. That site its just a big turd with ads everywhere.
EKUAg
AG
The Musingsofstef blog seemed to indicate it was a broader issue than just the football team. If that is truly the case Starr had to go.

Now, they may try to save Briles, but .........
Ag13
AG
quote:
The Musingsofstef blog seemed to indicate it was a broader issue than just the football team. If that is truly the case Starr had to go.

Now, they may try to save Briles, but .........
Yep, Starr also needed to go due to the climate that had clearly been created at Baylor University regardless of if it involved football players or not.

But Briles should absolutely be held responsible for recruiting and bringing in past rapist/wife beating athletes and then refusing to discipline them at the end of the day.
ashley
The regents can only fire the President. They can tell the president to fire Briles. Briles can only be fired by the President. I would assume right now that the new President would fire more.
Of course, that's if this report about Starr being fired is true.
OlAg2001
Hopefully this is just the beginning
vander54
S
Waco's news station

http://www.kcentv.com/story/32051880/baylor-president-ken-starr-fired

Reporting it in Dallas as well
agregg07
AG
quote:
The regents can only fire the President. They can tell the president to fire Briles. Briles can only be fired by the President. I would assume right now that the new President would fire more.
Perhaps the BOR knew Starr wouldn't fire Briles, so they voted to fire Starr leaving the first order of business for the interim president to fire Briles.
swc93
AG
Starr should sue Baylor. He can use the Beebe Bucks the BIG 12 never paid out for schools not leaving for the PAC-10.
redd38
AG
I doubt the new president will fire Briles unless a new rape accusation occurs after the new president is in place.
duffelpud
AG
I went to high school with a group that ended up at Baylol in the 80's. They were all a bunch of self righteous hypocrites before they went and then they came out self righteous entitled hypocrites. I remember one dude in particular that enjoyed shoplifting when we went on school and church trips - he even stole Christian music albums from the Waco mall Bible book store when we stopped there for lunch on a UIL trip. ALBUMS! His senior year he got caught swiping jewelry from Red Bird Mall in Dallas, but the charges were reduced when he ratted out his accomplices, and he managed to get into Baylol anyway by keeping it off his permanent record.

Now I guess you would put that on your application, so there's progress.
Cancelled
AG
quote:
I went to high school with a group that ended up at Baylol in the 80's. They were all a bunch of self righteous hypocrites before they went and then they came out self righteous entitled hypocrites. I remember one dude in particular that enjoyed shoplifting when we went on school and church trips - he even stole Christian music albums from the Waco mall Bible book store when we stopped there for lunch on a UIL trip. ALBUMS! His senior year he got caught swiping jewelry from Red Bird Mall in Dallas, but the charges were reduced when he ratted out his accomplices, and he managed to get into Baylol anyway by keeping it off his permanent record.

Now I guess you would put that on your application, so there's progress.
I knew so many self righteous *******s that went to Baylor. They were the ones that wore the Jesus shirts and crap, but would screw you any way possible to gain an advantage. In my opinion, that is Baylor.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
About time they started cleaning shop around there. Briles is next,sorry fhukker.
ashley
quote:
quote:
Perhaps the BOR knew Starr wouldn't fire Briles, so they voted to fire Starr leaving the first order of business for the interim president to fire Briles.

This is what lots of Baylor people somewhat close to the situation are saying.
End Of Message
AG
Recent update from the depths of Baylor:

Starr to land position at Baylor Law.

Being dead serious. Just rumor for now, but coming from Baylor folks.
FrankWhite'56
AG
quote:
I knew so many self righteous *******s that went to Baylor. They were the ones that wore the Jesus shirts and crap, but would screw you any way possible to gain an advantage. In my opinion, that is Baylor.

You don't sound bitter at all...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.