Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Moorehead did nothing wrong

9,086 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aeon-ag
JMJLAW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agree with all he said. Apologized only because we live in a pathetic period in history where everything requires an apology.

You want to ditch on your commitment? Can't talk about loyalty because that might hurt widdle feelings, require a "safe space," and an apology. Pathetic.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Definitely required another thread
Ozamataz Buckshank
AG
quote:
Definitely required another thread
Probably could use like 3 or 4 more, actually
fieldtrailer
AG
Not as bad as his tweets about missing fine food in indy.
TX_Aggie37
AG
I agree Moorehead's points were accurate, but I also don't understand how anyone is surprised Martell decommitted. At all.
Schrute
I keep reading that his tweets cost us 2 recruits. Tate "reopened" his recruiting before any of AM's tweets. The Lindsey guy was never coming to A&M anyway. That leaves Netherly - so we lost 1 recruit because of the tweets.

I think we'll be alright...
Zip 88
Tweeting is an abomination!

#thoushaltnothashtag
gaudiz
AG
I second that. The only mistake he made was using twitter.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
well, as soon as Moorehead is recruiting grown adults, he can communicate that message. While he's recruiting HS kids, he probably should cater to their behavior and attitude. 100% agreement from the 30+ crowd and 100% disapproval from the HS crowd is a horrible idea when your job is to recruit and teach HS kids.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Just because something is true or what we think, doesn't mean we should be tweeting it. Especially the coach at Texas A&M who is responsible for recruiting...
Ex-liberalag12
If Beaty said that he would have been praised. Just sayin...
Citizen Reign
quote:
Agree with all he said. Apologized only because we live in a pathetic period in history where everything requires an apology.

You want to ditch on your commitment? Can't talk about loyalty because that might hurt widdle feelings, require a "safe space," and an apology. Pathetic.
Yeah, because being a hypocrite on a national stage is always the right thing to do.

"I know you're committed to the hogs but drop them and come play for me"
"Why would you want to be loyal to their coaches when you could be loyal to me?"

"I can't believe you have to audacity to decommit from my school." "You have zero loyalty."

What a fn moron!
TXAggie2011
AG
I'd be less annoyed at him if called himself out for leaving Virginia Tech for the same position at A&M.

I can only assume "his dad kicked his ass" when he came here.
2thFixinAg
quote:

I'm sure he apologized because Someone above him told him to do so.
Schrute
I hope Cedar Hill beats the piss out of Bishop Gorman on August 27th
MikeA245
chase128
AG
Moorehead is the last one that should be talking about commitment. How many jobs has he bounced between lately?
Citizen Reign
quote:
You must be 12. Kids decommitting is common place at all schools. Coaches crying foul is not.

A lot of QB's have been leaving A&M. So, either A&M is not paying enough or coach is making promises that are hard to keep.

Here is the promise coach should make. "I promise you that chances are slim you will start as a true fish." "If you outwork and outperform the others, and also show incredible maturity, you will have a great shot at being our guy."
45-70Ag
AG
Moorhead can tweet about loyalty all he wants but until he stops recruiting athletes verbally committed to other programs it's stupid.

Having said that, there's no way he should stop recruiting those other kids. There's no loyalty in college athletics with coaches who leave all the time and with kids who want what's best for them.

Just a game
Ag4coal
quote:
quote:

Yeah, because being a hypocrite on a national stage is always the right thing to do.

"I know you're committed to the hogs but drop them and come play for me"
"Why would you want to be loyal to their coaches when you could be loyal to me?"

"I can't believe you have to audacity to decommit from my school." "You have zero loyalty."

What a fn moron!

This this this. What he did was a little ***** move because of the fact that his job is predicated on convincing kids to do the exact same thing he's hating on
Schrute
quote:
quote:
You must be 12. Kids decommitting is common place at all schools. Coaches crying foul is not.

A lot of QB's have been leaving A&M. So, either A&M is not paying enough or coach is making promises that are hard to keep.

Here is the promise coach should make. "I promise you that chances are slim you will start as a true fish." "If you outwork and outperform the others, and also show incredible maturity, you will have a great shot at being our guy."
I'm mid 30s and my cousin's kid plays for Cedar Hill.

BTW, I don't disagree with any of your points, even though they had nothing to do with my comment.

Citizen Reign
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm mid 30s and my cousin's kid plays for Cedar Hill.

BTW, I don't disagree with any of your points, even though they had nothing to do with my comment.

You didn't mention you cousin and your comment had nothing to do with the OP's post.
Class of 65
AG
Adults should not play with little children toys!
JMJLAW
AG
I admit I polluted the board with redundancy, but I was in meetings all day and this was my way of coping with all the stupidity I've seen.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Offseason

Somebody post tits
Amazing Moves
You couldn't be more wrong. Coach Moorhead tries to get prospects to decommit from other schools every year in recruiting. He is preaching a double standard. What he said has merit but, he is in no position to communicate it. Plus, it doesn't apply to the recruiting business. Which he has a job in.

gopgabe
AG
The fact that this has 14 blue stars is worrying.

We are in the business of trying to get people to come here and play for us.

When you sh*t talk teenagers, it's not a good look.

He's what? 30? FFS.
Seamaster
AG
His only mistake was apologizing.

These are baby kids that have no backbones.

Bye.
Memphis 7
Jail time will do him good!
2thFixinAg
quote:
The fact that this has 14 blue stars is worrying.

We are in the business of trying to get people to come here and play for us.

When you sh*t talk teenagers, it's not a good look.

He's what? 30? FFS.

See if you can draw the connection and the reason why this type of thing is a problem.

Define the word Commit.

Ask yourself why decommit is a recent addition to the English language.

Reread this.
"An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal or tolerate those who do."
Frisco - Ag
AG
quote:
Just because something is true or what we think, doesn't mean we should be tweeting it. Especially the coach at Texas A&M who is responsible for recruiting...
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:

I have nothing wrong with Moorehead's tweets IF he has never and is not intending to ever 'flip' a guy committed to another school to switch to A&M. if however he has been out there trying to flip guys, then preaching about sticking with commitments comes across as hypocritical.
CorpsAg11
AG
quote:
I keep reading that his tweets cost us 2 recruits. Tate "reopened" his recruiting before any of AM's tweets. The Lindsey guy was never coming to A&M anyway. That leaves Netherly - so we lost 1 recruit because of the tweets.
It was being discussed on every show on ESPN today and it is being tweeted about (negatively) by recruits from around the country. The fallout will be more than 1 recruit. Our recruiting will suffer for a couple of years.

There was nothing inaccurate about what he said, but why does everything have to be said on social media? Attention? Mission accomplished.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:

I have nothing wrong with Moorehead's tweets IF he has never and is not intending to ever 'flip' a guy committed to another school to switch to A&M. if however he has been out there trying to flip guys, then preaching about sticking with commitments comes across as hypocritical.

Coach Moorehead is only at Texas A&M because he jumped ship from Virginia Tech which had given him his first big boy coaching job.

And he didn't come because he was promoted. It was a lateral move.

Coach Moorehead got his feelings hurt and whined on Twitter about it. It's not hard to see that.

I don't know what would have been worse. If he lost his head, (might have been drunk?) and got too emotional...or was serious and is a huge hypocrite.
AgPediRPh
AG
Whether or not you agree with Moorehead, venting to recruits on Twitter is always wrong.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.