Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

@TheTateMartell

23,371 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
Deputy Travis Junior
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tate has a nice arm and is clearly a D-I athlete, but here's reality: scouting high school QBs (who usually run 1 read offenses against unathletic, overmatched defenses) and projecting how they'll do in college is a complete **** show. A few years ago, our own Jackie Sherrill said that Garret Gilbert was the best looking QB prospect he'd seen since Dan Marino. And Gilbert played high level Texas ball. I don't know what they play in Nevada but I doubt it's very good.

Here's how you get good quarterback play. Recruit legit D-I prospects, coach them up + observe their practice performance against real athletes, and see who rises to the top. You don't succeed by playing hot shot true fish no matter how good they are. Even plug and play coaches like Leach and Briles don't start fish and instead opt for players with a few years of experience. I'd like to get Tate into the program and see what he can do, but if he goes somewhere else, it feels more like losing an unscratched lottery ticket than a crushing blow to the team (Especially as he's said he wants to play right away).

I wouldn't say this for other positions, but at qb, give me some lower ranked less physically gifted prospects who are willing to sit on the bench and learn a few years over the ultra blue chip qb recruit that insists on playing in year 1. I sincerely believe that option 1 will result in better performance more frequently than option 2. The QB position is just too mentally complicated for true fish regardless of athleticism and arm strength.
runontexas
AG
quote:
Leave the kid alone
JR Ewingford
At least our team is so elite. Recruits??? Doesnt matter.
revolutionAG
quote:
At least our team is so elite. Recruits??? Doesnt matter.
Meximan
On any given day, in any given thread, here are your various Texags posters:

And because Texags has its fair share of jerks and bullies who think their shtick is cute and funny:

phatbc
This is the worst thread. It's pretty pretty pretty preeeettty bad
Cornerback31
AG
I thought the excuse was, " My account was hacked ". There is no social redeeming value to social media.
zephyr88
AG
I'm looking forward to THIS YEAR'S quarterback... the rest will work itself out.
NavyAg92
AG
It's almost if everybody forgot about Nick Starkel, 6'4" out of Argyle, TX.
VatoLocoAggie
quote:
It's almost if everybody forgot about Nick Starkel, 6'4" out of Argyle, TX.

Who?
BombayAg
quote:
Yes, that has been pointed out to me. See my previous response. I blame my iPad! Sorry!

Mrs Goose, and I apologize for my ride response as well. sorry
Spyderman
AG
Jackie Sherrill said that Garret Gilbert was the best looking QB prospect he'd seen since Dan Marino
Classof19
AG
quote:
Why does this matter? We will play with whoever wants to be a Texas Aggie.
Exactly. If you don't want to be here, don't come.
BrandoC
AG
Nick Starkel will beat him out anyway.
Sniffing Accountant
AG
He gone
Dennis Reynolds
quote:
Nick Starkel will beat him out anyway.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
A Town Ag
Cheerleading is a sport?
Amazing Moves
quote:
PI heard from a source that told me about Kyle and Kyler very early on that Tate is going to de-commit soon.

Hope he was wrong, but does not look good.

Not trying to make a splash just passing along info.
He de-committed when he went to visit other schools.
P.C. Principal
quote:
quote:
PI heard from a source that told me about Kyle and Kyler very early on that Tate is going to de-commit soon.

Hope he was wrong, but does not look good.

Not trying to make a splash just passing along info.
He de-committed when he went to visit other schools.

This. People should accept the fact that Tate very may well might go elsewhere. Oh well, we've already learned that having a star qb won't solve all our problems
libertyag
AG
quote:

This. People should accept the fact that Tate very may well might go elsewhere. Oh well, we've already learned that having a star qb won't solve all our problems
And that not all 5* QB's are in college what they were in high school.
jon gruden is intelligent
Women trying to football, and this is what we get
Mrs. Goose
AG
YEP!!!
Mrs. Goose
AG
Actually Goose's wife...15 years in October. Eh, predictable not really entertaining!
Mrs. Goose
AG
This was in reference to the entertainment value of this thread...NOT being married to Goose! Regular posters familiar with Goose wouldn't be surprised that life with him is ALWAYS entertaining! :-)
2thFixinAg
quote:
I am done with this kid. I don't care. He is very into himself and that's not what Aggie football is about.

No way he commits here in my opinion. I am done defending him.

I wish him the best of luck in life and in college football unless it's against us.

#GigEmGangGone
If i remember right you were one of the ones that insisted he was staying back when he visited Ohio State. It looked bad then.
annie88
AG
who cares?

Moving on.
VatoLocoAggie
Yes I did defend him and was told he was still solid. Since that visit I heard grumblings about how he felt he wasn't getting enough love from the coaches and Ags on social media.

At that point I stopped defending him. He isn't a team player and would not fit in at A&M. He isn't willing to play WR or any other position.

This kid is the perfect definition of a millennial and he needs to be constantly stroked and praised. It's all he knows.

He will not be a successful QB in college. Will not be drafted by the NFL as a QB.

I will bet money in that.
The Collective
AG
VatoLocoSip, thank you for your analysis.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:
I am done with this kid. I don't care. He is very into himself and that's not what Aggie football is about.

No way he commits here in my opinion. I am done defending him.

I wish him the best of luck in life and in college football unless it's against us.

#GigEmGangGone
If i remember right you were one of the ones that insisted he was staying back when he visited Ohio State. It looked bad then.

Dude, Vato is a troll. He's so blatantly obvious about it. How can any of you not know this by now?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.