Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Combine Invitees

4,915 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Clown Question
Spicewood Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tra
Cheek
GI
De'vante
Brawndo Willums
unmade bed
Man I really wish Ifedi could reconsider and come back for one season with Turner. I think he would see his draft stock rise for 2017.
Hotard_Exists
AG
Compare that to the list of tu invitees. (I know, I know, they only had a few eligible players because they're a young team...of couse, they've been a young team for several years now and will probably continue to be young for years to come.).

Glad to see our DBs earn an invite. I could only imagine how much better they could be given more time under Chief.

With all the bashing of A&M over player development lately (obviously, especially at QB), I'd still like to remind people that for our last bowl game, the coaches (even the one who probably knew he was on his way out), had just a month to focus on developing a QB. For their last bowl game, tu had an entire season to develop their QB and they were still less productive.
shihitemuslim
AG
Where is Mike Matthews
BMX Bandit
I belive Texas' #2 ranked 2012 recruiting class has had 2 people invited to combine. Malcolm Brown and Hassan Ridgeway.

rankings do matter, but you got to know how to develop them.
ag2003
AG
You left off kaser
Texan76
quote:
I belive Texas' #2 ranked 2012 recruiting class has had 2 people invited to combine. Malcolm Brown and Hassan Ridgeway.

And Cayleb Jones. Class was a disaster. So was 2013.
TX scallywAG
AG
Trying to recall exactly how pro day fits in. Isn't it after combine? Essentially, scouts come to TAMU to get a further look. This is also where some guys get looks where they might be invited to camps vs drafted. Mike M likely falls in this category. Correct?
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:

DeveloperStrong
BASrecoverypatient
quote:
Trying to recall exactly how pro day fits in. Isn't it after combine? Essentially, scouts come to TAMU to get a further look. This is also where some guys get looks where they might be invited to camps vs drafted. Mike M likely falls in this category. Correct?

Yep. I think it's because he is undersized and had a fall off senior year that he didn't get the invite. He has also had very strong o lines surrounding him up until this season which may have made his mediocre play look better in years past but I do think he is a smart player and wish him the best at our pro day!
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
quote:
Compare that to the list of tu invitees. (I know, I know, they only had a few eligible players because they're a young team...of couse, they've been a young team for several years now and will probably continue to be young for years to come.).

Glad to see our DBs earn an invite. I could only imagine how much better they could be given more time under Chief.

With all the bashing of A&M over player development lately (obviously, especially at QB), I'd still like to remind people that for our last bowl game, the coaches (even the one who probably knew he was on his way out), had just a month to focus on developing a QB. For their last bowl game, tu had an entire season to develop their QB and they were still less productive.

This is such BS, the QB was on the roster the entire season. The fact they ran off a spoiled brat that the HC promised the starting job too and a kid that worked his butt off two seasons to be the guy quietly is on Sumlin. The coaches should have played Jake more late in the season when he so the competitions and they didn't. Poor us, we only had a chance to develop a QB for a month just isn't true.
atm_grifter
quote:
Where is Mike Matthews
Hate to say this about a Matthews brother, but there's no way Mike can cut it in the NFL.
Citizen Reign
quote:
quote:

This is such BS, the QB was on the roster the entire season. The fact they ran off a spoiled brat that the HC promised the starting job too and a kid that worked his butt off two seasons to be the guy quietly is on Sumlin. The coaches should have played Jake more late in the season when he so the competitions and they didn't. Poor us, we only had a chance to develop a QB for a month just isn't true.
Don't know that I agree that a third string QB in his first year on the team is a given as ready to go. I will say that there has been very little to no development of any QB under Sumlin.

You could say that Johnny was with Kliff here but he was still Johnny has he did fair a little better in year two in the pocket. He definitely was not ready for an NFL offense.
Unemployed
AG
Thread about Aggies invited to the NFL Combine and people still want to talk about Texas.

They are in your head!!!!
BMX Bandit
quote:
quote:

DeveloperStrong
my guess is that if you look at Strong's classes at Louisville, he did a pretty good job of developing talent
Token
AG
quote:
quote:
Where is Mike Matthews
Hate to say this about a Matthews brother, but there's no way Mike can cut it in the NFL.
i wouldn't say "No way," but it will be a very long shot if he sticks on a roster. too short
Clown Question
Kevin stuck around the league a few years but he is bigger than Mike.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.