Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Houston Texans have no need for JFF

19,202 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Claud
Matt_s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sportsjunkii
To make a long story short.....i wrote a personal letter to one Bob McNair encouraging him to at least give Johnny a fair look for the Texans during the draft...he "hand wrote" me a note thanking me for my excitement in the upcoming draft, but added "WE ARE REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT HOW JOHNNY WILL HANDLE ALL THE FAME AND MONEY "OFF THE FIELD".

They got that much right, but failed miserably selecting Clowney #1
oysterbayAG
AG
It didn't look like they got it right last Saturday ! Hoyer got an "A" for OFF FIELD CONDUCT ! Good luck to the Texans. They will need it !
sportsjunkii
The Texans are in a bind. Colts get handed Luck, Titans are handed Mariotta, Jax took a shot and have Bortles. The Texans need a franchise leading QB, but how do you get one?

* Drew Brees counts $30mm on Saints cap next year? (he's old too)
* RG3?
* Johnny Football?
Citizen Reign
RG3. LOL!

The franchise glass QB. Bigger risk than taking Johnny.
zephyr88
AG
RG3 and Clowney on the same team???

#51manroster
SuperAg05
AG
Maybe worth a shot now? JFF back in Texas to make some magic happen?
Ian Neff
AG
Texans might not need him.

But I do. Miss him so.
phatbc
SuperAg05 said:

Maybe worth a shot now? JFF back in Texas to make some magic happen?
you just might be on to something
Olsen
AG
lifetimeredshirt
AG
Dude was with the ABSOLUTE worst franchise in the history of football, who had all of their payroll on defense run by a pathetic coach and he was still making progress.
zephyr88
AG
Not this again...
libertyag
AG
omg give it up. Houston needs a QB for sure but not JFF. He is done. Probably couldn't pass a drug test and would only make things a circus.
bluecouchstudios
AG
Tebow would be better than Osweiler. And that's unfortunately not sarcasm.

http://www.nfl.com/player/brockosweiler/2533436/careerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/timtebow/497135/careerstats

TangoMike
haha some of you idiots (oysterbay leading the charge) are so desperate to have Manziel live out your NFL dreams. you're embarrassing yourselves
Kozmozag
Jff coked up is better than os.
bluecouchstudios
AG
While Manziel's 2015 stats were better than Osweiler's stats, he is a distraction for any team. And NFL coaches won't let a player take the field if they get the impression they are drunk or on drugs.
'03ag
Citizen Reign said:

RG3. LOL!

and yet the genius Browns disagreed.
aggie_accountant
AG
The Texans definitely need someone other than Osweiler, but JFF is not the answer. Perhaps trading for a guy they could have drafted to begin with (Jimmy Garapalo). Before the Texans try to find another QB though, Rick Smith needs to go as right now, I don't trust the Texans to find a better option than Brock.
"Sports do not build character. They reveal it." -John Wooden
Yell Practice
JFF is Not the Answer in Houston or with the Jets as someone proposed.
Citizen Reign
'03ag said:

Citizen Reign said:

RG3. LOL!

and yet the genius Browns disagreed.

Took him how many plays before the injury? Maybe 50?
Memphis 7
bluecouchstudios said:

While Manziel's 2015 stats were better than Osweiler's stats, he is a distraction for any team. And NFL coaches won't let a player take the field if they get the impression they are drunk or on drugs.

Yes, the last thing the Texans need is a distraction.
Everything is going well.
oysterbayAG
AG
The Browns have lost their first 7 games and lost 5 Quarterbacks to injury so far. Thank the Lord that Johnny got out of that dump. Johnny will be back next year better than ever. The law of supply and demand will get him back !
Claud
Yell Practice said:

Are you a scout, GM or coach?
Claud
Yell Practice said:

Let this sink in for you...

Browns last 2 seasons:
With JFF starting Browns are 2-4

With all other starters 1-16

TheChameleon
AG
Claud said:

Yell Practice said:

If the answer to that is no, is he not even entitled to have an opinion on the matter? What a ridiculous question.
Claud
TheChameleon said:

Claud said:

Yell Practice said:

If the answer to that is no, is he not even entitled to have an opinion on the matter? What a ridiculous question.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you say it with such certainty then I will respond the way I did. Also read my next post.

Edit: All through the media they bash JFF. I come on a darn A&m forum and people still bash him on here. And say things with such certainty....basically saying he can't play on any team. Sorry, just tired of it.
TheChameleon
AG
Dude I used to be as big of a supporter of him as anyone. Hell I wanted the Texans to draft him #1 overall. But his behavior got out of control. The domestic abuse stuff is where I couldn't keep supporting him. Anything negative in the media he has brought on himself. I hope he can figure things out and become a better person, but I don't see how you can blame any A&M grad who couldn't keep defending him. He has embarrassed the university with his actions.
Claud
TheChameleon said:

Dude I used to be as big of a supporter of him as anyone. Hell I wanted the Texans to draft him #1 overall. But his behavior got out of control. The domestic abuse stuff is where I couldn't keep supporting him. Anything negative in the media he has brought on himself. I hope he can figure things out and become a better person, but I don't see how you can blame any A&M grad who couldn't keep defending him. He has embarrassed the university with his actions.

I get your point....but I wouldn't say anything negative in the media is his fault. Heck, I remember him going to a party in Austin and getting blasted in the media. He also got blasted for simply going to an NBA game or going to parties with Gronk.

I'm interested to see how the domestic abuse case goes. Reading through his girlfriends comments some of it didn't make much sense. I'm not sure what he actually did. She claimed he kidnapped her but he was taking her back to her apartment...what???
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.