Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Herbie's Playoff Predictions

13,269 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Grasshopper04
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ohio State Buckeyes
LSU Tigers
Oklahoma Sooners
Arizona State Sun Devils

Winner: OSU
WGann3
AG
I love Herbie. But I say we ruin 2 of those 4 predictions personally in the regular season and 1 of them right off the bat.
VikingNik
AG
As OSU proved, one loss does not ruin your chances at making the playoffs.
Stasco
AG
OU and ASU are both hiliariously stupid predictions. LSU is an interesting dark horse candidate AT BEST.
Fabius
AG
We're going to beat asu.
ahlongslide
AG
All but OSU sound like dumb picks to me, but I like Herbie, and he knows more about football than me.
Runner_2g
AG
quote:
OU and ASU are both hiliariously stupid predictions. LSU is an interesting dark horse candidate AT BEST.
OU is actually not that dumb. Baylor is having all sorts of off the field problems, so who knows how they will be. Not to mention they are starting a Fish QB. And TCU lost over half of their D.
ntxVol
Based on those predictions I like our chances.
Twelfthman99
AG
Did he say it was for THIS year's playoffs?

Most are predicting LSU to finish 6th in the SEC West.
BMX Bandit
Most are predicting LSU 6th?

You make that up just now? Or you really believe it when someone lied to you?
chipotle
Herbie doesn't know ***t....unless he picks the ags.

/zoo
Hu11abaloo
AG
quote:
I love Herbie. But I say we ruin 2 of those 4 predictions personally in the regular season and 1 of them right off the bat.
You must be mistaken; we don't play OU or Oh St this season. Since we always lose to LSU, I assume you meant we can only ruin Az St's chances...
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
OU is actually not that dumb. Baylor is having all sorts of off the field problems, so who knows how they will be. Not to mention they are starting a Fish QB. And TCU lost over half of their D.
But TCU have TREVONE "THE BOINKER" BOYKIN. He's basically the greatest thing since sliced WonderBread hit the shelves
Hu11abaloo
AG
quote:
Ohio State Buckeyes
LSU Tigers
Oklahoma Sooners
Arizona State Sun Devils

Winner: OSU
ya don't say

DallasAg 94
quote:
quote:
Has Baylol announced Stidham is the starting QB? I assumed it was Jr. Seth Russell.

Whereas, Baker Mayfield was a walkon at Tech, who transferred to OU and has not seen the field for OU.

I'd think Baylol was in a better situation at QB. If either Russell (Baylol) or Knight (OU) lost the starting QB job to the incumbant, that could indicate their are in far more trouble (their QB sucked and had no choice) or the new guy is just that good.

I'm thinking Swoopes was able to fend off Heard... so mix that in, and the BDF is terrible.
Post removed:
by user
Sid Farkas
AG
BlowU and rest of the Bwtf have their annual hurdle to clear: no-conf-champ-game

And...He's almost as bad as Granny Clampit Holtz when it comes to being a homer.
Tamu_mgm
AG
LOL @ Az. St. & OU
usmcbrooks
quote:
I'm thinking Swoopes was able to fend off Heard... so mix that in, and the BDF is terrible.

Who is the Heard kid? The quarterback competition is between Swoopes and Tyrone. Coach Strong
BMX Bandit
Picking defending national champion that was first unanimous AP preseason #1 ever makes him a "homer"

Hilarious.
WGann3
AG
quote:
Picking defending national champion that was first unanimous AP preseason #1 ever makes him a "homer"

Hilarious.
I know right?

Herbie is about as unbiased as they come, I've seen him almost go out of his way to not pick Ohio State at times when he probably should have gone with them. Every single AP voter picked them, but sure... the ex-Ohio State QB picks them and he's almost as biased as Lou Holtz who has put unranked Notre Dame teams in his preseason championship game predictions. Come on...
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
BlowU and rest of the Bwtf have their annual hurdle to clear: no-conf-champ-game

And...He's almost as bad as Granny Clampit Holtz when it comes to being a homer.

One of the dumbest posts I've ever seen
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

Sid Farkas is a Witness sock?
dcAg
We are going to beat 2 of the 4 on his list during the regular season...
Hu11abaloo
AG
quote:
quote:

Hilarious.
I know right?

Herbie is about as unbiased as they come, I've seen him almost go out of his way to not pick Ohio State at times when he probably should have gone with them. Every single AP voter picked them, but sure... the ex-Ohio State QB picks them and he's almost as biased as Lou Holtz who has put unranked Notre Dame teams in his preseason championship game predictions. Come on...
So... because Herbie is historically unbiased, this must mean that he won't be biased when his alma mater acquires an SEC coach, regains national relevance, and wins a national title?

Open your mind to the POSSIBILITY.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
I know many of us Ags think we will be ALOT better this season, hell we could/should have beaten Mizzou and / or LSU last season to go 9-3 even with a terrible D and no running game last season. We will be better than most think but we can be much improved and still go 8-4.

ASU was 9-3 last season, returns a ALOT of starters, is ranked for a reason. If this game was in Tempe they'd be favored by 7.

I have the Aga to win a close one but don't be shocked if we drop the ASU game. If for no other reason than the estimated defensive improvement will be a work in progress, by the time we hit Pig we should be mostly there, maybe not for game 1.
WGann3
AG
Sure anything is possible.

But Ohio State never went anywhere... They had a 6-7 season in 2011 right before Meyer got there and immediately went 12-0. They went to 6 straight BCS bowls from 2005 to 2010, including 2 national championship games. There was no national relevance to regain, Ohio State has been a high national power for a LONGGG time and one little 6-7 season between coaches didn't change that.
Hu11abaloo
AG
quote:

But Ohio State never went anywhere... They had a 6-7 season in 2011 right before Meyer got there and immediately went 12-0. They went to 6 straight BCS bowls from 2005 to 2010, including 2 national championship games. There was no national relevance to regain, Ohio State has been a high national power for a LONGGG time and one little 6-7 season between coaches doesn't change that.
national relevance maybe was the wrong label. you're right, programs like oh st, usc, etc. always have national relevance even when they were down. i just never thought they could win it all before meyer; i would say they're more "elite" now than before. they've reached the bama level of repeatedly being in conversation.
WGann3
AG
quote:
quote:

But Ohio State never went anywhere... They had a 6-7 season in 2011 right before Meyer got there and immediately went 12-0. They went to 6 straight BCS bowls from 2005 to 2010, including 2 national championship games. There was no national relevance to regain, Ohio State has been a high national power for a LONGGG time and one little 6-7 season between coaches doesn't change that.
national relevance maybe was the wrong label. you're right, programs like oh st, usc, etc. always have national relevance even when they were down. i just never thought they could win it all before meyer; i would say they're more "elite" now than before. they've reached the bama level of repeatedly being in conversation.
I'll definitely give you the Urban Meyer effect taking them a step above what Jim Tressel was doing there, maybe just a tiny step above though. Tressel was extremely successful there and won them a title as recently as recently as 2002. I would say 6 straight BCS bowl games has you in the conversation repeatedly, especially when two of those are national championship games.
Sid Farkas
AG
quote:
quote:

Of the 12 pre season Herbie awards bestowed upon individual players -> 5 went to OSU homies (same article)

...Right back at ya Sally
BMX Bandit
And which didn't deserve it?
bwmammoth
AG
Joke! Ags will have wins over at least 2 of these teams.
Hu11abaloo
AG
Oh St = SEC North
suburban cowboy
AG
Those are terrible predictions. Herbie is the new Lou Holtz.
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

Of the 12 pre season Herbie awards bestowed upon individual players -> 5 went to OSU homies (same article)

...Right back at ya Sally
Pre-Season unanimous #1 team is, generally speaking, going to have some really good players. Tough to imagine, I know
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.